A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
262 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's make a zine!  (Read 2163 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2006 01:57:02 PM »

All right, I know there's been a LOT of talk of starting a zine on these boards before, but I don't believe that it has ever happened. I'm going to start one, and I definately need helpers! (Have also posted this on the CrAftermath boards)

I imagine I would end up being the editor. It'd be a quarterly tri-annual zine, but I'm too busy come February & March to worry about a spring issue. I'm talking summer, with a publication Midsummer (June 21st).

I need to know who's going to be ready & willing to contribute, who wants to be involved in the running of it (need a co-editor &c), and who can generally lend a hand.

for content, it would need the following:

Tutorials/patterns (perhaps two or three per issue)

Reviews of craft shows or events you have been to recently, and upcoming ones.

Articles - Why you craft, what it means to you, going into business, how much you're looking forward to craftermath &c. I don't really know.

How-to one per issue. Different from tutorials as they are how to make things; this is more like HOW TO KNIT or HOW TO SEW &c, though admittedly there would be some overlap.

Product & business reviews - for example, why hobbycraft clasps are actually crap, good service from different online shops, etc.

Ads for your business are an option too, will talk more about that when I come to organise the thing!

Therefore, let me know if you're interested. Oh, and it needs a name. No idea what to call it, but it doesn't have to have the word "craft" in it. (E.g. I just saw a polaroid zine called "Instant Gratification.") The zine is called Shock Paper Scissors

Edited 18/6/06 to add:
Currently printing the first issue - Midsummer 2006 - which is due out on Wednesday (fingers crossed!). I am obviously not looking for any contributers now, however if you are interested in writing for the second issue - Autumn 2006, which will be out in October - just e-mail me at shockpaperscissors@gmail.com

For more information, just e-mail me at the above address. You will be able to buy copies via the Shock Paper Scissors Blog when it is released (June 21st 2006), just go to http://shockpaperscissors.blogspot.com

--nush
(Editor, Shock Paper Scissors)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006 07:49:16 AM by nushybum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
petrova
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006 02:19:06 PM »

me me meeee id wanna contrubite!!:)Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatieTheDaffodil
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006 03:39:10 PM »

I'd love to contribute. I made a zine once before with a couple of friends, but no-one where I live really got the idea, (we left a lot in libraries/school resources and places where we generally went) and we just stopped because it was pointless because no-one ever read it. It is a lot of fun! As I said I would love to just generally lend a hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplefluffycow
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006 04:11:41 AM »

Like I said over at craftermath, you can count me in  Wink  Still no luck with a name though......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CaterinaEllen
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006 12:33:51 PM »

I'd love to contribute too. I could do tutorials or articles, I'm also quite good with photoshop graphics if you want any. How about "Craft Arckade" (the k in the middle just to make it look quirky). I just came up with that because of the ad. for "button arcade" on the sidebar he he.  Or "Craft Swagger" (completley random) or " Crafty Klutz" or "Immortal Imagines" (coz its things we've thought up and immortalized through 'publishing' them. Or what about "Dreamtime" (coz people might dream about the things inside) Or "Pinhead" (coz its for people thinking about pins and pinning things together). Im afraid I cant think of any more at the moment, but if I went into another room I might be able to get some more ideas.

hugs,

Caterina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammy-a
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006 02:05:08 AM »

I'd  love to contribute Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006 02:13:36 AM »

I imagine I would end up being the editor. It'd be a quarterly zine, but I'm too busy come February & March to worry about a spring issue. I'm talking summer, with a publication Midsummer (June 21st).

The zine is due for release in ten days.

I'd love to contribute Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammy-a
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006 03:26:30 AM »

I meant any time necererily(sp?) this time
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acidstarz
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006 05:54:45 AM »

Shocked I'd want one !

i don't think I'd have anything really to contribuate, but email me at acidstarz@gmail.com when the first one is out !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006 03:54:39 AM »

I've just started a blog for it at http://shockpaperscissors.blogspot.com. You'll be able to buy it from there, providing I finish it on time!

xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Make Getting More Sleep a Resolution and Prioritize It with These Tips
Drifting off to Dreamland with Help from Your Phone
كيف تستيقظ مبكراً
What Disrupts Healthy Sleep The Most? Our Experts Weigh In
Forget Filters - 19th Century Tintype Photography Still Rules
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...