A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,920
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: House Rabbits Need Crafty Goodness, too! (any ideas?)  (Read 7859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007 07:42:10 AM »

zip ties sound like a good idea and they'd be quite string too.

Your Lucy is adorable! I'm making sure my house is bunny-safe and then I'll be getting a pair of rabbits in the next few weeks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aloha420wsm
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007 12:15:12 AM »

Yeah, the best way to fasten 2 boxes together is to 'sew' them with sisal rope. This will usually be devoured and sisal is good for them.

Yes, I have a myspace for my bunny. Er, my deceased bun Cry
www.myspace.com/pepperbunny

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait92
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007 01:45:49 PM »

About litter training a rabbit.....
 If you put the litter box in the place the rabbit likes to pee in the most, they usually end up going in it. House rabbits (if they get litter box-trained) will pee in the litter box, but will still poo all over. So, vacuum alot. Never use clay or clumping litter and wood shavings bedding can actually be bad for them, too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007 01:47:58 PM by cait92 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
auroravioletta
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007 09:14:43 AM »

My Maizey's favorite toy is anything cardboard she can throw in her water dish.  Roll Eyes

I also leave cardboard boxes around for her to attack, usually wedged in between other things so that they don't move around as much. (She likes to tug at them.) I pretend she's not supposed to chew them, because her furtive little look is so cute! (I swear, she thinks anything is about twenty times more fun if she thinks she's not supposed to be doing it.) I also cut holes in boxes, so she can hide in them, stuff cardboard tubes with hay (straight into the water bowl!) , and put treats into small boxes with holes in the sides. My mother mails us apple and pear branches and dried mint from her garden.

Not too crafty, I guess, but I generally don't buy her toys at least.

Look how cute she is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

......................................I like bunnies!
sulkycat
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2007 09:25:56 AM »

my rabbit roger used to have free run of the house, & was really well behaved & clean (best rabbit i have had) he loved plant pots to play with, used to stick them on his head

i'm a guniea pig girl, always been my favourite animal, & my current piggie enid will hurl anything around her cage while shes having one of her mad half hours! when i get her out all she wants to do is curl upside down on me & have her tummy tickled, refuses point blank to run!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2007 09:37:40 AM »

Hi Ive never had a bunny but i did use to have two guinea pigs who lived outside but roamed free in one room inside a lot. They were liter trained with a cat litter tray and the best way I found to do it was just to move them there if i saw them starting to pee or poo and they got the idea. They liked to poo in dark places as well thought so they werent 100% trained - and put the box in a nice corner. Dont know if this works the same for bunnies.

They love anything cardboard and you can slit things toegther if you put slots in them.

I had halters for my g-pigs from the pet shop! Also for people whose pets escape my pigs just came to the sound of my voice but my hamster came to a cat bell - you just got to train them by ringing the bell when you give them their favourite treat.

And when it was cold they liked "porridge" oats with hot water from the kettle mixed in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make False Eyelashes Look Real
Make Your Lashes Smudge-Proof
3 Easy Steps for That Lit-From-Within Glow
5 New Ways to Use Your Eyeshadow
Double Dare: Eyeliner On Your Top and Bottom Lids
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...