A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC secret swap  (Read 54556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2006 12:58:48 PM »

A meeting in Vegas would be sweet.  We can pretend like we're gambling to get free alcohol then craft the night away! 

[/quote]
There will be no pretending on my part. I'm a poker-playing-maniac. Hee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2006 01:24:02 PM »

I got a drop spindle from my knitting group for Christmas with a whole LB of ORANGE wool, and I haven't even really taken out of the bag.  It just sits there, sadly, wanting to be used, jealous of all my knitting needles.

Be careful, once you unleash the fury of the spindle, you're likely to want a wheel. I knew I did the second I held a drop spindle. And wheels are a little more pricey than a pair of knitting needles. I love mine though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 22, 2006 01:30:59 PM »

I got a drop spindle from my knitting group for Christmas with a whole LB of ORANGE wool, and I haven't even really taken out of the bag.  It just sits there, sadly, wanting to be used, jealous of all my knitting needles.

Be careful, once you unleash the fury of the spindle, you're likely to want a wheel. I knew I did the second I held a drop spindle. And wheels are a little more pricey than a pair of knitting needles. I love mine though.

FUnny thing is, I already want a  wheel.  2 ladies from my knitting group brought theirs one day and I tried them out.  Man I just want to have sheep and a wheel and a carder and then I would have no need to be sucked into going to LYS.  Because once I go in, I never come out without spending waaay more than my budget allows.

I actaully am supposed to be getting a wheel for my birthday (which was back in December!), but i haven't really gotten around to ordering it.  Right now, there's no time and I would hate for the wheel to be gathering dust!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: February 22, 2006 01:48:14 PM »

Man I just want to have sheep and a wheel and a carder and then I would have no need to be sucked into going to LYS.

I have two sheeps [romneys] and a llama [in my avatar]. Okay, so they're not mine, they're TheBoy's mom's, but as soon as we get them sheared I will have a whole lot of fiber to spin with. Some of the yarn will go back to his mom, but she doesn't spin. I think they're shooting for a shearing of the sheep in March/April, and then Flint the llama will get his haircut in May. We're going to ship most of it off to be washed and carded by someone else, at least this time around. Probably next year too because we'll be in high gear for the wedding next spring. I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: February 22, 2006 03:00:01 PM »

*GASP!!*
i didn't even know what a Gocco was until i just saw that thread....

Look away from the Gocco... don't fall in love! They've discontinued making them and rumor has it there only remains a three year supply of the various supplies needed for it. You can read a bit more about it on the "Save Gocco" website.

There's also a post here on craftster which merits reference because craftster starburn writes: "hahah like the episode of seinfeld where they stopped making sponges and elain bought a whole case?  you'll have to decide if something is 'print worthy'". I thought that was hilarious!

and now i'm disappointed in all you ladies!! you have all these awesome crafty things, and they're just collecting dust!? If i was friends with any of you (meaning, like, if i came over to your house), i would use those for you!

You are welcome to come over any time time and crack open my screenprinting kit and play with all of my unused crafty items. Next time you're in CA, come a'knockin'.

Sooo... here's what's got me in the Procrastination Spin on the screenprinting kit... I'm having a hard time thinking of a design that will appeal to, basically, everyone we know (cause you don't want to do a screenprint for just one thing!)  Now that I've turned my attention back to it (because of this thread! Go, Craftster!), a plan is finally formulating... most of our friends enjoy a good skull motif... so maybe skulls. Or... hockey (cause my bf and I both play and all of our friends either play or are fans...) Hmmm... okay. I've got ideas. Good!

Thanks for the kick in the pants, Morning Star. I may try my hand at screenprinting *this* weekend! I'll let you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #445 on: February 22, 2006 03:43:36 PM »

I received my surprise today from my FOC!!  She has been doing some major post stalking, cuz she figured out i've been lusting after some kool aid dyed yarn for EVER!  She made me not one, but two lovely balls of blue/green koolaid dyed yarn!!  It's so vibrant and fun, I have had this little neck warmer pattern sitting around forever waiting for just the right yarn, and this stuff will be perfect!  She also threw in a couple packets of kool aid, can't decide if i'll use it for crafting fuel or try dying my own batch of yarn.  She also made my kitty, Stella, the BEST knitted cat toy!  she even knew the name of my cat....we're talking major post stalking here..hehehehe.  Stella went nutso when i gave her her new little mouse!  she has this obsession with packing around her toys in her mouth and this one proves to be her new favorite.  My FOC  also included a little set of vintagey looking blue and white buttons and a knitted flower pin that is now adorning my scarf! 

I will try to post pics soon, if you have any though feel free to pass them on to hertrigger to post!  Thank you so much FOC, I can't wait to repay all your kindness!!!  I've never gotten so many great goodies in one swap!!!  Did I mention I love this swap?  I think i'll hold off on joining other swaps and wait for round 2 of this one!

Wink
knottydottie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2006 06:31:47 PM »

aww knotty that sounds awesome. what a lucky kitty too. can't wait to see pics.

and I was looking at your portfolio last night and just ADORE your Peeps photograph (your other ones are superb as well). My team at work is known as the Peeps and I have a bunch of peep stuff at my desk and we all have Peep names. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2006 06:49:39 PM »

Jeesh! I missed like 30 pages of fun.. how did that happen!  Wink you girls are too funny!

I finally have pics of my goodies from my foc.

She sent me an awesome star themed craft book. I'm really doing a lot of magazine and book browsing lately, so it is perfect timing! And.. an owl pin-cushion which I really adore. I love the classic look of it and have yet to be able to stick my funky pins in it.  Smiley She also sent a beauful handmade card and some yellow peeps which my boyface thoughtfully stuffed his face with last night while I was napping..  Roll Eyes

and here are a few projects I'm going to do soon!

star boxes

fruity star pasteries.. yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2006 08:08:36 PM »

those star fruity pastries look delish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: February 22, 2006 08:47:16 PM »

Wow! That star-themed craft book is perfect for you! Way to go, seaofstars' FOC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Rineke Dijkstra: When Art Reflects Art
Bob Gruen LIVE
How to Get the Best Shot on Your Digital Camera
Tailor & Shoemaker - The Sartorialist for AOL On
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...