A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christchurch  (Read 18639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004 02:01:49 AM »

Yay! this post is back in business!
Gerties- I went on sunday, but it was closed!
 I have never been to that opshop (riccarton/euston) but i would luuurve to! I must make a weekend random vintage shopping spree!
Knitworld- do they have any of that groovy fat-thin-fat-medium-thin-fat-thin-medium-thin-medium blablabla wool, or that feathery, eyelashey stuff? They are the kinds i am looking for.
Nanobird- If you don't succeed w/ the 40s frock- send your remnants to me! I'm a midget- I can make anything fit me  Wink
***Georgia***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004 05:50:37 AM »

Oooh, Kmart has black eyelash stuff way cheaper than everywhere else.  They've also got a whole lot of knitting needles in now, right up to 15mm!  They seem to be going out of stock on dpns though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004 12:50:21 PM »

Yay for Kmart Grin
***Georgia***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2004 12:49:47 AM »

The Kutwell sale is finally getting good!  I picked up some pale pink satin for $3 per metre, and some pale green fabric with white polka dots for $2/m.  I used them for a bag I just posted: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12148.msg95714#msg95714

I also got some pink striped satin for $3/m.  I'm going to use it to make some spring pj pants.

Spotlight's pretty good for fabric bargains right now too.  They have a sale table with some really nice stuff on it.  Various colours of shot fabric, some nice pale coloured cottons and floral prints, and lots more!  All of it round about $3 too.  I need to think of stuff to make and then go back and buy some.  I was thinking a denim back lined with some of the floral fabric, but as you can see from my other post I'm a little sick of bags right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2004 09:39:04 PM »

Dots! I love dots! *Jumps up and down*!
The combination of those two colours is gooorgeous in your bag!
My friend and I are getting more advanced in our clothing altering/doing up. Maybe a pale pink ruffle of a denim skirt is in order....
I must check out the sale in the weekend- pity it's only tuesday!
***Georgia***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2004 09:51:14 PM »

Well, I have visited Kutwell thrice since I last posted. Very much worth it. Example... pale pink tulle: $3/m. Navy blue satinish stuff: $3/m. Scrap bins- $1 per piece (very large pieces). I also found some faux knitted navy and white stretch fabric. While I'm posting- anyone have any ideas of things for me to do with it apart from appliqued scarves? I don't have the concentration to knit that much  Roll Eyes
In conclusion: If you have a spare half hour, Kutwell is the place to be.
-G.
P.S. Make sure you go before December 29th when it closes (shock)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ClayconutNZ

Your mum goes to college

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005 03:01:32 PM »

hiya! I'm from Christchurch too!.....obviously...thats why i'm posting here ... Undecided

Darn!! I missed the Kutwell sale.. I kept telling myself to go ...but I never did!

Just to join in the love of all things vintage I LOVE the 20s,40s and 50s I really want a maraling Monroe dress and a poodle skirt.

I have to go check otj all those craft stores, but becuase I don't exactly live in chch i live in Rangiora i'll have to wait until next wednesday (shopping day)

I love the bag you made with the silk Sarah its beautiful!!

I had a thing with duct tape and I have sucessfully...yet unsuccessfully made some other bags and clothing.

Ayesha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I see your drinking 1% is that cos you think your fat? cos your not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.....
Bee_U_Tiffle
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005 06:16:45 PM »

Seeing as this thread is live again...

Hi, another recently joined Chch-er here.  I love the stuff on Craftster.  My second home is Spotlight Smiley  Head down, tail up in the remnant bin. 
I sew and do various other crafty things.  Currently very into applique, redwork, embroidery and quilting.  Not knitting yet, some of the stuff on here has me itching to re-learn.  I like to reuse things and love garage sales.  I get quite a few useful things that way as well as op-shopping.

Bee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005 10:20:14 PM »

Redwork???
Do tell more!
I have never heard of such a thing...
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee_U_Tiffle
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005 12:49:56 AM »

Redwork???
Do tell more!
I have never heard of such a thing...
-G.

It is a simple form of embroidery using mostly backstitch to outline an image (or words).  Traditionally done using red (or sometimes blue) but really you can use any colour or many colours.  Very quick and can be quite effective.
There are heaps of free patterns on the web.  Some cute vintage ones and more and more modern ones are becoming available to buy.

Here are some examples of pillows I have made. The top two also have satin stitch for the hearts.  The last one is done in blue:

Colouring books are good sources for images to trace, any line drawing works.  Trace onto fabric using a light box or just tracing on a window works pretty well.  

Bee
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 11:21:04 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Covers for CDs and DVDs
How to Fold an Origami Bow-Tie
How to Make a Paper Barn Star
How to make an origami bird
How to Make an Origami Fortune Teller
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...