A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advice from brides or brides-to-be needed!  (Read 1318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emmaline
« on: November 19, 2005 05:42:46 PM »

Hello!
One of my close friends from high school has just got engaged and we had the engagement party last night.
She had a money wishing well, for her honey moon fund, rather than gifts. But I'd still like to make HER something. Is there anything that really comes in handy when you're planning a wedding? I just thought it'd be great if I made her something that is really useful but seeing as I'm not getting married, nor have I been married I'm kind of clueless  Embarrassed.
ALSO! She LOVES LOVES LOVES chocolate and her church actually has a ban on chocolate within the church so last night she missed out on having any chocolate at her engagement party so I was thinking of doing something cool for her somehow with chocolate. Seeing as her name is Mel and her fiance is Matt I thought I could incorporate "m&ms" somehow. Any ideas?
Sorry this all seems so vague! I just don't feel like I've really shown her how excited I am for this so I wanna do something thoughtful...haha hence why I'm asking strangers. But seriously, if anyone can think of a clever idea its the people of craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
laraebay
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005 06:25:03 PM »

Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 03:21:14 AM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coyotelady
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005 06:31:20 PM »

ROFL....I had just looked that site up for the custom M&M's when I first saw this post a few minutes ago.  I had remembered seeing it and was just discussing it with my fiance when I saw you had posted it already.

Another thing that could be useful would be a notebook that she could use to organize her plans.  You could decorate the cover to make it more personal...maybe use a M&M theme on it.  If you check out www.theknot.com it can give you ideas of categories to go into the notebook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005 10:50:34 PM »

I second the notebook/binder idea. I love mine. Just take a fat binder and slide in a bunch of dividers and photo sleeves [for tucking ripped magazine pages into.] Then buy her a bridal magazine or two, some really good chocolate and wrap it up pretty. I'd start with some pre-labeled dividers for things like dress, cake, flowers, bridesmaid, tuxes, food, location, favors, invitations, thank yous, registries, music, guest list, and some blank ones as well, for various other items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005 01:17:26 PM »

i was just thinking of the binder idea too, but i'm an organizing freak so i enjoyed building my own. the one thing i loved loved loved was my little notebook i carried everywhere with me. just a small purse-sized book with a pen holder that i had my "short-term to do list" where i put in every single little thing i had to do and crossed it off as i went. my binder had my overall to do list (i said i was a freak). otherwise, if you want to show you're excited, i would suggest just buying a couple bridal mags or maybe some goofy bride flipflops and just sit down and tell her you can't wait to hear about plans, help with anything she needs, etc. seconds after i got engaged everything was about who was going to be bridesmaids and it would've been nice if people were just like, "we're so happy for you, let's dream up some awesome ideas!" and continuing to be a sounding board. some friends later were great for leading me away from kooky ideas  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
epiffani
epiffani!

ummm...yeah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006 11:42:47 AM »

i did these rocher chocolates for my placecards and they were a hit! i used these lovely rounded christmas ornament hooks that i got on clearance so i didn't have to mess with the wire. maybe there's something else fun you can do with them!

http://wedcraft.com/rocher/placecards.html

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be calm, be strong, be grateful." 'Abdu'l-Baha
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006 04:37:45 PM »

notebook/binder is the best idea. . .i love mine.  even a year after the wedding i still pull it out and flip through it.  what i needed most was someone who would actually BE there to help me do things for my wedding.  everyone says they'd love to help, but when it got down to the wire we were scrambling to find people to help us tie ribbons on the programs or stuff the favor boxes and put stickers on them.  having someone volunteer to do that would have been SO helpful and appreciated.

one of my husband's groomsmen rented a limo for us.  we weren't planning on having one because it was such a short ride for all that money.  and he drove out to the airport to pick up one of the other groomsmen.  someone he'd never even met before.

more than the gifts, we were thankful for those acts of thoughtfulness. 

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006 05:18:40 PM »

An organizer/binder is a good idea...I support those who have already said it! When I got married a friend of mine decorated a poly expanding file (kinda like this one http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/enl/462195_enl.jpg). She decorated the tabs for me, the outside and everything. It wasn't too over-the-top though...meaning I wasn't embarrassed to carry it around to vendor meetings.

I liked it because it was personalized, held all of my info & ideas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
DisneyDancer1986
Queen Of Knitting Faeries

Knit On!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006 09:52:41 PM »

I like both the notebook idea and the spa set. Both are extremely useful (let's face it, it's stressful planning a wedding, and every bride deserves to be pampered like a princess), and the notebook can be used for planning or for using as a journal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:::
.-*-.(`).-*-.
`..`....
http://knittingfaerie.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Easy Hairstyles For Spring
Get The Tousled Look With TRESemme
Prive Salon Shows You How to Do a Beautiful Braid With Ribbons
Natural Hair Mask with Olive Oil
Luscious Hair with a Shockingly Wild Ingredient
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...