A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My version of the Irish Hiking Scarf....  (Read 1069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaytm
« on: February 01, 2007 07:39:13 PM »

Ok so a full lenghth scarf of this would have made me BATTY!  so I did about a 3/4's lenght then casted off the stitches in the middle. Knit a little on the border then casted on for the middle again, making a hole to pull the scarf through.  Here is my cousin linz modeling it for us.  I gave it to her for Christmas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 07:41:29 PM »

Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
Jane2
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 08:35:05 PM »

Going batty was exactly the reason for me NOT knitting an Irish Hiking scarf!
Started out full of good intentions but realized after an inch or two of cabling that a scarf would be soooo much more.
I quickly changed my I.H. scarf to I.H. wristwarmers. And found that to be bearable - 6 inches rather than 56.

Never thought of only  knitting a 3/4 length scarf and then doing somehing different with it.
Yours looks very good! And Cuz Linz looks as if she likes it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatyerhartout
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 09:08:08 PM »

Going batty was exactly the reason for me NOT knitting an Irish Hiking scarf!
Started out full of good intentions but realized after an inch or two of cabling that a scarf would be soooo much more.

I didn't get past looking at the pattern. I thought "NO way I could make a whole scarf. Maybe I'll make a clutch" That didn't happen either. I just don't have the attention span for simple cables. The scarf looks excellent!! Such a great idea you came up with, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
devguitarchick
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007 05:56:35 AM »

please don't be scared of the irish hiking scarf!
  it's really not that bad, once you get past the first cable it just repeats and repeats, and of course it takes a long time, cause scarves are long. I've never met a scarf that was quick to make! but of all the projects that I have made, the Irish hiking scarf is my favorite, and have recieved the most attention. my advice is to work on the scarf in between other projects, and just keep plugging along. it really is worth it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarndini
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007 09:28:23 AM »

beautiful yarn color. I am working on the irish hiking scarf right now and I try not to think about how long it will take to finish cause I hate it taking forever. Smiley Since I learned cables just so I could make this scarf I want to finish it. I would recommend at least trying the pattern. It really is simplistic but still enough to keep you interested. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~nougatocity: a heightened yet fleeting state of accomplishment that makes you realize how unbelievably unmotivated you normally are~~~
kaytm
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007 09:30:49 AM »

beautiful yarn color. I am working on the irish hiking scarf right now and I try not to think about how long it will take to finish cause I hate it taking forever. Smiley Since I learned cables just so I could make this scarf I want to finish it. I would recommend at least trying the pattern. It really is simplistic but still enough to keep you interested. Smiley

I also learned cables for this scarf.  And don't get me wrong I love it.  I just had to put it down multiple times because I was getting bored.  I started it in like september and finished it Christmas eve.  That is how much i put it down, and I didn't even do the full lenght.

One of the things i love about knitting is the ability to pick things up and put them down.  It feeds my ADD well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarndini
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007 09:37:55 AM »

Cheesy I do alot of putting down and picking up too. I will probably do it many times before I finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~nougatocity: a heightened yet fleeting state of accomplishment that makes you realize how unbelievably unmotivated you normally are~~~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Determining the Value of a Vintage Sports Card Collection
How to Play a Math Building Card Game
Traditional Music of Uzbekistan
Peter Flaherty on Sondeim on Sondheim Multimedia Broadway Show
How to Play Eighth Notes on the Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...