A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 1/12/05 - Rewrite History!!  (Read 30758 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006 12:41:42 PM »

i seem to be a bit confused... if you're having a short discussion about the post like example i did this one and then later added new pictures of the same "technique" to a different post same thread different post because it just didn't seem to work if i added them to the origionaly and then someone said i did a good job and they had praised the first post and i thanked them and asked them had i improved and they said yes Grin would that be something that would need to me pmd? is this at our disgression or are there certain new rules. i don't want to upset anyone and want everyone to be happy. just don't really understand.
i do apologize
i'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding though peanut butter
just added:
*hey i'm getting the hang of this*
is it rude that when someone asks for advice you ask for pictures of the finished project within your advice post?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
meowari
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006 01:57:03 PM »

I would love to delete some of my posts that are lost in 100+ pg threads, but I can't find all of them, unless I look through each and every page, which I don't have time to do. I tried to go to my profile, and looked under "show posts for this person", but there were just too many! Is there an easier way to find old posts, or do I just have to sift through it all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006 02:32:35 PM »

If you remember what some of those old posts were about, you could try the advanced search.  Or even if you just remember the typical thing you posted to.  The advanced search lets you specify by a user and post age. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
meowari

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006 07:00:29 PM »

Thanks, Lothruin, I'll try an advanced search!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Funkyblue

No Day But Today

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006 07:51:17 PM »

Please make putting on picture easyer!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

//..Funkyblue..//
poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006 08:21:40 PM »

Please make putting on picture easyer!!!!!!!

i must say... this site has one of the easiest picture posting once you get the hang of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
tivaclare
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006 03:15:26 PM »

THANK YOU!! I hope more people read this. I hate finding a post I like and then sifting through 25 pages of "awesome!" to find pertinent info.

I agree with the suggestion that the non-craft related threads such as "show me your tatoos", etc, should be limited. There are other online communities for such things, and those topics should be explored further there.

I know that imitation is supposed to be the best flattery, but I also get a bit tired of seeing someone make something, post at tutorial and then have five more people post, in seperate threads, their replica from the tutorial.

I highly encourage people to use the search feature. I've only been with the site since September and I've found that 99% of my questions have been asked before.

Just my 2 cents...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittingfreaky
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006 01:43:35 PM »

Hey Craftsters,

On the Friends of Craftster board we've been having some discussions about how threads sometimes get a little long and unwieldy because there's a lot of "that's cool!" or "tutorial please!" being posted and so important questions and answers about the project are hard to find sometimes.

So what I'd like to suggest is this...

Did you all know that you have the POWER to edit your own posts? To do this click the MODIFY button at the top of any message you have posted!

So if you start a thread for a project you've created and throughout the course of the thread you answer some good questions, post some new pics of the steps involved, other people suggest interesting improvements, whatever... then you could consider editing your first post in the thread to add all of this new good info.

If you do this then people coming to the thread later on don't have to do as much sifting through all the responses!

Thanks for reading!

Leah

P.S.
I think it's fine and totally great to post your praise of a project! Even if it's just a simple "that's cool!" The person who posted the project deserves to hear this praise. So feel free to do this.

But enough with the "tute please!" posts. If one person has already posted this, you don't need to ask again. Wink If you're dying for a tutorial, and you've waited a while for it and the person doesn't provide one, you can PM them to ask for one but be respectful if they decide they don't want to share their technique for whatever reason.

And if you can't see someone's pictures, don't post this in the thread. Try again later because their bandwidth may have run up. And PM the person if you still can't see them. It just bogs down the thread to post "I can't see your pictures!" in the thread.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarncookie
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006 06:51:38 PM »

I know I'm just as guilty as off-topicness as anyone, but i completely agree that the off topic (show us your______) posts should be limited. We need to keep Craftster for CRAFTS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look at me, I'm on TV, it makes up for the shortcomings of being poor. Now I'm in a million pieces picked up for deliberation by the people listening at home, by the people watching on the telly...
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006 06:54:06 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/craftsterguide.html#anchor5b
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Hawk Hair Tutorial
Get Bigger, Voluminous Hair in Seconds
The Perfect Edgy Cut for a Busy Working Mom
How To Get That Perfect, Thick Braid
Salon In A Bottle - Root Touch Up Spray Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...