A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First Day of Preschool (she has a bookbag)  (Read 1264 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliasgracie
« on: January 11, 2006 02:34:06 PM »

My niece is 4 and it was her first day of preschool today.  I want to make her something but she already has a bookbag and that's the only thing i can thing of. Any help?  She likes Batman and  My Little Pony.She has two younger siblings, her sister gets a lot of attention from us lately because she was just diagnosed with high functioning Autism which is a handful.  I want Eve's big day to be special.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
tamagotchi
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006 02:43:47 PM »

What about a lunch bag, or a little case for her pencils/markers/crayons?  I guess kids don't even eat lunch in preschool, but I do seem to remember snack time.  If it doesn't have to be a lasting object you could make her a cake or special cupcakes with her name on them.

I used to have a kid's pajama top that looked like Robin's outfit from the cartoon.  And I LOVED it.  It even had a little cape that velcroed onto the shoulders.  Maybe she would like a special superhero outfit to help beat her first day at school?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
RebelScum

The Force is strong in my family.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006 03:48:13 PM »

Maybe I was the odd one out, but I hated going to pre-school (actually, I went to Headstart, which was like preschool) because I hated being away from my mom.   Embarrassed So my mom always put a special picture (it's the picture of the guardian angel watching over the little kids that are going over the condemned old bridge) in my backpack.  Maybe something to keep in her backpack for if/when she misses her mom? 
Hmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006 11:13:41 PM »

a special blanket for naptime Cheesy Like something just her size that's in her favourite colour and quilty or something *shrug* it would be cute Smiley (and better than my first idea of crash helmet.. I was a clumbsy child XD)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
onecraftybitch
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006 07:19:32 AM »

Love the idea of making preschool special for your neice! Go you!

Perhaps a sweatshirt or sweater for her to keep in her cubby at school. It could be stenciled or painted or have her name on it. ( that would also help her teachers learn her name!!)
Decorated pencils.
A decorated t-shirt-stencil, puff paint, embroider..ect.
A favorite book to share at school.
A craft project that you two made together that she could share at show and tell. Let me tell you...show and tell is alive and well!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006 07:22:52 AM »

Aaw - the only thing I can think of is a PE kit bag - a nice drawstring bag, with her name on.  Maybe you could make some pretty labels for her kit too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliasgracie
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006 08:20:44 AM »

Those are all great ideas, thank you!!  I talked to her on the phone and she was so excited.  They are learning about dinosaurs and I was thinking about the show and tell bit.  So I decided that for every theme she has I'll make her or we will make together something to do with that theme.  Then she can take it to school.  For dinosaurs I was thinking dinosaur shrinky dinks keychains for her backpack.  It's a start.  Thanks again for the great ideas, maybe we can make a themed polar fleece blanket together for the next one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
RebelScum

The Force is strong in my family.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006 08:51:32 AM »

Oh, I love the idea of making a mat for naps...  That's good.  I think they were all great ideas. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OurJuliet
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006 08:10:06 PM »

I know this topic is old, but I found it after searching for "autism"...and I'm hoping you may have put it on notify. 

The absolute best gift for an autistic child is a weighted blanket filled with Poly Pellets.  They are incredibly soothing to children with sensory issues and will really help with nap times and bed time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliasgracie
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006 07:55:24 PM »

OurJulliet,
I think that I will do that.  My niece has sensory issues to touch (she likes to be squeezed or sandwiched) and sound.  Thanks for the idea! Her birthday is coming up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mr. Bean
Painting Adventure: Ruakaka Beach
Painting Adventure: Old Shed
Painting Adventure: One Tree Point
Perspective Drawing in Proportion Tip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...