A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boyfriend/Girlfriend Gifts  (Read 626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

slugfever
« on: July 05, 2006 01:31:48 PM »

This was inspired from looking at this good post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47986.0 . I got a few different ideas I thought I'd share (Some of them are very similar, but with a different take). Smiley
(Oh, yeah, these gifts are definitely good for either boyfriends OR girlfriends, but I'm going to write as though it's for a boyfriend, since the most FAQ in the gift forum seems to be something like, "What should I get for my boyfriend?" And, I just don't feel like doing the whole "him/her, s/he" deal.)

1. If you can drive...
a) Pack a picnic of something he would like, his favorite foods.
b) Bring a blanket and throw-pillows. Hide these things in the trunk of your car/borrowed car.
c) Meet up with him, capture him, blindfold him so he can't see where you're driving.
d) Drive him to a nice, secluded picnic area, and enjoy.
P.S. If you can't drive, then take the picnic by yourself and leave clues for your boyfriend to follow that will lead him to you. This could be even better than the blindfold. Wink )

2. A blanket!
a) Go to a thrift store and get a bunch of old t-shirts, or use your own.
b) Make a t-shirt quilt, with whatever squares of t-shirt you want to use. (There's a tutorial for a t-shirt quilt in the book called Generation T, but if you can't get a hold of that, you can probably find a tutorial online. Or, you could try and figure it out for yourself. It's isn't too complicated. Just keep it simple. Or make a pillow.)
c) You can take some letters and words from left-over t-shirts and sew them onto the top of the quilt, to make a quote or something.

3. Shoebox... This is my favorite.
a) Get a shoebox or a lunchbox or something like that.
b) You can leave it plain, but it's pretty cool when you have the time to personalize it and decorate it inside and out (i.e., line it with drawer liner or pretty cloth, spray-paint the outside and glue little thingies on it).
c) Go to places like Target and Barnes & Noble, and buy a bunch of little, inexpensive things that would mean something or be useful to him. Some ideas are: boxers, little sampler boxes of chocolate, little books of poetry (or something), etc. Don't buy too much of this if you don't have much cash; there are other things you can put in the box.
d) The other things are: mix tapes, art cards (These are cool. Go here for a definition: http://www.art-cards.org/), photos, love letters, etc. Be creative. Just go around your house and you'll probably get some pretty good ideas.

4. Wallet. (This is sort of similar to the shoebox.)
a) Buy a wallet new or at a thrift store, or you can make one yourself (out of duct tape or something).
b) Put things in the pockets like wallet-sized photos, art cards (http://www.art-cards.org/), love notes, a gift card, etc.
c) In the money section of the wallet, you could put some coupons for you to do things that are useful to him, like wash his car, clean his apartment, run errands... whatever you think he'd like or find useful.

5. Favorite book. Okay, one idea is to get an early or signed copy of his favorite book, but you could also...
a) Buy a hard-cover copy of his favorite book.
b) Glue nice fabric all around the book cover, or use nice paper or something.
c) Glue things to the newly-covered book; first, the title, with some magazine or t-shirt letters, or draw the letters on yourself. Then, if you want, decorate the rest of the book with things that have to do with the story, pictures of you and your boyfriend, etc.
d) Make a nice bookmark with a similar theme.

6. CAMPING!
a) Tent!
b) Fire!
c) S'mores!
d) Scary stories!
e) Swim in a lake!
f) Yay!

7. Trip: Buy two surprise train tickets for you both to go somewhere he's wanted to go.

8. Okay, this is weird, but if you're brave, take him to a crowded karaoke bar and sing a love song to him in front of a lot of people. Yes. (This works better if you're bad at singing.)

Here are some good anniversary gift ideas:

1. Letter book
a) Buy or make a nice notebook and leave it like it is or decorate the outside.
b) Take turns leaving notes and letters often, maybe every morning or night.

2. Library letters: Both of you leave love notes in library books, along with clues as to where the next one will be.

Okay, hopefully I've helped you out. Remember that there's usually nothing better than combining one of the above with a night at home watching a movie or playing a game together. Smiley I'll post some more if I think of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chicka bow wow.
CraftyLittleDevil
Mostly harmless

the tooth fairy is a mountain devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006 12:06:33 AM »

Nice ideas. Although for the library letters one I'm imagining someone else picking up the book and finding the note- that could lead to an awkward situation! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slugfever
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006 06:21:17 AM »

Nice ideas. Although for the library letters one I'm imagining someone else picking up the book and finding the note- that could lead to an awkward situation! lol

Yeah, you're right! I guess if anyone does it, they should make them anonymous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chicka bow wow.
LOLMegan

You all everybody!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006 04:16:58 PM »

Thanks for the post! I really like the decorating his/her favorite book idea. I might do that for a friend of mine =)

Nice ideas. Although for the library letters one I'm imagining someone else picking up the book and finding the note-
that could lead to an awkward situation! lol

It might make it all the more exciting! Tongue But as she said, it might be best to make it anonymous lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsters fear the ordinary, not the impossible!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Casual Night Out Outfit Tips
The Vintage Vision: Shoe 2014 Trends
Kendall Jenner Shows Off Calvin Klein Underwear in Instagram Photo
Southern Style Tips: Mixing Black and Navy
Southern Style Tips: Mardi Gras Ball
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...