A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tank girl from Stitch 'n Bitch  (Read 1406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green monk
« on: January 11, 2006 08:57:24 AM »

hey everyone! so im deffinently a beginner knitter, ive been learning for about a month, but ive had ALOT of time in that month, so i think i wont be too ambitious in taking on the tank girl tank top in Stich n bitch handbook Tongue i will be learning the decreasing as i go... i have practice yarn and more than plenty of time before i will be able to wear this without extra layers (i live in maine Tongue)  anyone was to do this with me!? i started last night, doing the gauge swatch and i cast on and did maybe 4 or 5 rows before it was bedtime for me Tongue

im useing Debbie bliss alpaca silk in a purply color.  it was kind of expensive for 8 skeins of it :S but i figured since im learning (and the best way for me to keep my interest is if im really excited about wearing it) and the lys didnt have any cotton in the right weight that i would just suck it up for now and find out about...less expensive yarns Tongue later on in the year.

anyone interested!? it seems like it will be fairly simple Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006 10:20:16 AM »

Tank girl was my first big proj when I started knitting. It'll be a breeze Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green monk
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006 10:25:00 AM »

sweet! Cheesy thats what i was hoping to hear! has anyone else done this top? if theres any advice anyone could give me i would deffinently appreciate it Tongue there is so much i dont know that all information is new or still being pounded into my brain Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006 11:53:36 AM »

sweet! Cheesy thats what i was hoping to hear! has anyone else done this top? if theres any advice anyone could give me i would deffinently appreciate it Tongue there is so much i dont know that all information is new or still being pounded into my brain Cheesy

Well, try to make a photocopy of the pattern so you can hilight what corresponds to your size. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006 01:48:19 PM »

Well, try to make a photocopy of the pattern so you can hilight what corresponds to your size. 

Such a good idea!   I'm making this right now for the Knitting Olympics and I should've done that.   So far I'm making a tank with medium width and large length.   Oh well, I like longer shirts, so I'm sure it'll work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006 08:18:52 AM »

Here's a picture of my completed Tank Girl!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

green monk
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006 12:08:11 PM »

oh wow! that looks great!! i had to put mine on hold for something else, not too mention its a wee bit cold Tongue but, i should take pictures of everything ive been meaning to take picutres of, this weekend! Tongue that would be kinda fun Smiley
great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Icy Blue Emma Stone Makeup Look
2013 Prom Countdown Guide - Selena Gomez, Nina Dobrev, Jennifer Lawrence
How to Do Lydia Bright TOWIE Makeup
Must-Do Makeup Secrets For Mature Skin
How to Do Your Makeup on the Train
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...