A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three 'Sewing Goodies' Bags  (Read 30577 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMeshell
« on: January 11, 2006 02:59:20 AM »

Okay now I for one know that I am always carting my sewing supplies everywhere...most notably from home to uni where I do textiles (yay!). I've been using either a toolbox or just a humungus box but after seeing a little padded quilters bag my mum's friend made her I decided to change over to one of them Smiley
So inspired by that, I grabbed some cool upholstery fabric I had, some wadding and a sewing machine! The outer shape of the bag is padded with wadding and then all the diff pockets added, so here you go...

(Oh yes and I know my neatness skills are not the best here, but I really, really wanted it done that second and well, you know... Tongue)

The Bag, and the bag from the top with its little tie to keep it closed

The open bag (it lies flat) In the middle there is a pin cushion, on the left is a roll up pencil/paintbrush holder (knitting needle rollup style) held up with a button and loop. Under that there is two pockets. On the right there are three layers of pockets, a needle holder book, and a random flippy pocket thing.

Pencil/Brush holder thing unrolled.

A peek down one side and my reluctant mother modelling the carrying of the bag Tongue

I actually did work out what I wanted in all the pockets before I made it, so that they would be roughly the right size, Here's what's in it...
2 Diff types pins, thumbtacks, 3 diff sized bulldog clips, glue stick, eraser, various needles, matches, 2 paper face masks, spool white thread, spool black thread, a box of pins, various hotel 'sewing kits', tape measure, blu tack, 3 paintbrushes, 5 pencils, crochet hooks, stanley knife, various pens, permanent markers, highlighter, ruler, charcoal, normal scissors, fabric scissors, spool bronze thread, spool brown thread, another spool white thread, rubber gloves, buttons, paper, tissue paper, pages from books, mini notebook, teabags, tissues. Cheesy

The only thing I forgot was to make it long enough for my knitting needles but oh well, looks like I'll have to make one of those awesome rollups that I've seen around here. So yeah, that's my bag, chunky, full of useful stuff and padded...what more could a girl ask for Tongue
Cheers for looking sweeties Wink

Okay back again! Here is another one of these bags that I made after a request from Princess_Me, she wanted hers to be BRIGHT pink so that's what she got Tongue
And I am getting a rocking tote bag and 1" buttons back from her, thanks Princess_Me, can't wait! Grin

Front, made from cotton drill this time.

On the left there are 6 pockets in two layers of three, the top layer end further up than the bottom layer. She didn't want a pincushion or a needle book so instead I added two zipper pockets to the middle, one with a partition down the middle.

Now on the right there is a pencil/pen/brush/short needle roll held up by a button and underneath that are two larger pockets half the width of the bag each.

And the roll, unrolled.

I was very happy with this one as I got to fix all my mistakes from the first one so Princess_Me didn't get any dodgy seams or inside out stuff lol Tongue
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Third Update! (19/03/06)
Here's the third one I've done now for the lovely seaofstars in the 'I Love My Craft Swap'. This is definitely my fave yet, I love these fabrics! I need to make myself another one because the first one I made is so messy compared to this one (maybe because I actually know what I'm doing now! Cheesy)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*TUTORIAL ADDED* (If you can understand it Tongue)
ETA - Oh yes, I moved my whole blog so I'll go find the updated link for you...

http://thesolitarythread.typepad.com/the_solitary_thread/2006/02/index.html

Here are links to some of the recent sewing goodies bags I've done, although I'm on a break from personal swaps at the moment ...

http://thesolitarythread.typepad.com/the_solitary_thread/2006/09/a-bag-for-miss.html

http://thesolitarythread.typepad.com/the_solitary_thread/2007/03/swap-with-clare.html

http://thesolitarythread.typepad.com/the_solitary_thread/2006/12/bags-for-simone.html

http://thesolitarythread.typepad.com/the_solitary_thread/2006/09/a-bag-for-deb.html

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011 02:33:31 PM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006 03:35:48 AM »

That is so pretty and useful!!! I've never seen anything quit like it! And I love the fabric.
Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Ezri_B
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006 06:39:00 AM »

oh the fabric is gorgeous! What a great bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazeeMoi
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006 07:26:45 AM »

Veryyyyyyyyyy good, very creative.  Good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dimede
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006 08:11:36 AM »

I think that is totally gorgeous...you should be well pleased....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I tapped her on the shoulder
And said do you have a beau?
She looked at me and smiled and said she did not know
-Dead Milkmen
GIJane
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006 11:11:34 AM »

wow! TOO CUTE!  Shocked

And so much space and place for everything! Good work MissMeshell Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
its_eva
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006 12:43:17 PM »

i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chilan
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006 12:52:56 PM »

Oh my god, that is so wierd!  I was going to make a bag for the same purpose!!!  You beat me to it, though.  Smiley  And I love that pin thing, it's awesome.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tigergirl
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006 04:38:34 PM »

Wow!! I hate to think how long that took to plan & make. Well done - it looks great too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006 06:08:56 PM »

wow that is great! that is such a good way to keep all your things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...