A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: headphone... sleeves??  (Read 79270 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onychophora
Squirmy Bug Admirer

Someday that dog's gonna believe in me

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2006 12:26:33 PM »

just brilliant! I always feel worried for people when they flash their ipod headphones all over the place. What a great alternative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrumpyxBear
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2006 12:39:13 PM »

Wow! That's an awesome idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Petunia's Finest - Spookfully sweet hair bows, accessories & more!
LuoLiu
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2006 06:22:08 PM »

I just got my iPod last week and I just started knitting its new headphone sleeves today. I have never knit with such tiny needles before (size 1) I think it may be giving me a headache.  Huh  It's also my first attempt at an iCord and the part where the yarn crosses over to the other side is really loose. It is logical that it would be loose, but how do you make it the same tightness all the way around? Any advice??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
engrafted
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2006 09:44:10 AM »

I just got my iPod last week and I just started knitting its new headphone sleeves today. I have never knit with such tiny needles before (size 1) I think it may be giving me a headache.  Huh  It's also my first attempt at an iCord and the part where the yarn crosses over to the other side is really loose. It is logical that it would be loose, but how do you make it the same tightness all the way around? Any advice??

Just make sure to pull the yarn tight around the back...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When Jesus said, "I tell you not to resist an evil person,"
I don't think He was kidding.
crazyknitterchick
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2006 09:25:23 PM »

Those are so awesome...so awesome I even had to knit up some for myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2006 12:08:20 PM »

finally finished! it was my first time working on needles so small (#1 DPN's), and my first time working in the round on DPN's, so the fork is slightly odd, but overall, really good for my first time. i picked the yarn because i think it looks like television snow. lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

veedeepee
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2006 08:58:03 AM »

All of the headphone cozies you guys have made look SWEET.  I'm wondering if there is a way to make a version that you can slide on and off of the headphone cords...  I think my iPod would like a little wardrobe of headphone-sweaters in many different colors!  I could even make a wee closet with wee hangers to store them! 

Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself.  I think I might try to knit these in K1P1 rib, with 4-6 stitches on tiny tiny dpns, in some kind of yarn that is a bit stretchy.  I wonder if it would be stretchy enough to pull over the earpieces...  I'm envisioning 3 separate pieces - one for the section below the fork in the wire, and one each for the sections above the fork.  Anybody tried to do this in ribbing instead of i-cord?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2006 10:00:09 AM »

I think I might try to knit these in K1P1 rib, with 4-6 stitches on tiny tiny dpns, in some kind of yarn that is a bit stretchy.  I wonder if it would be stretchy enough to pull over the earpieces...  I'm envisioning 3 separate pieces - one for the section below the fork in the wire, and one each for the sections above the fork.  Anybody tried to do this in ribbing instead of i-cord?

but wouldn't you have to seam the entire thing together? i feel like it would either be too thick, or not stretchy enough. i'd love to see the outcome, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennifARGH
Ex-Craftster Lurker

Rawr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2006 08:10:58 PM »

I took up knitting this week and this is the first thing I did! I used wide shiny ribbon and size 41/2 needles, so it's really chunky! I'm in the process of knitting up a matching cosy for my new em-pee-fwee.

For non/novice-knitters, would a "Knitting Nancy" type thing work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2006 11:15:47 AM »

i used worsted weight yarn for my headphone sleeves, since my wire seems flimsy and needed some bulking up. here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Freestyle Piecing to Make Original Quilt Blocks
How to Make a Metallic Chevron Serving Tray
How to Make Easy Fabric Floral Brooch
DIY Painted Umbrellas
DIY: Turning Flowers Into Beautiful Works Of Art
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...