A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vibrator Cozy  (Read 21589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kuruku
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004 04:33:11 PM »

So, so cute...I would alter the pattern to accommodate my magic rabbit Smiley

Or putting wee ears on it and embroidering a face on it - kitty, bunny, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Parilla
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004 11:56:04 PM »

...you are the coolest person ever. Ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepystitcher
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2004 06:46:30 PM »

I'm brand new to the boards here, and I just want to say how refreshing it is to see crafters that are not all prudish.  I'm 56, not a young chick by any means.  But I get so tired of the prudes I encounter online. 

I love this vibrator cozy and plan to make one (or more) for a few of my close online friends, and at least one for myself.   Congratulations on your ingenuity, kymberlee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2004 07:42:11 PM »

Great idea Cheesy

No one likes a cold vibrator.  know what I mean
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
Kymberlee

I craft, therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2004 03:08:53 PM »

I'm dead pleased to be getting such a nice response :-) If anyone else makes one, please post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepystitcher
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2004 03:24:20 PM »

Just checked your profile, kymberlee, to see where you're from and see that not only are you from Montreal, but that yesterday was your one year anniversary at this forum.
CONGRATULATIONS! 
I'm originally from Detroit.  Are you missing hockey as badly as I am?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2004 04:02:02 PM »

Grin I so want to make one of these for a friend of mine.  Long story, very funny actually but not suitable for posting on Craftster.  Pack of women, "toy" store, comedy insues.  Unluckily, since this isn't a one size fits all and I'm not getting the measurements of her "friend", that's not happening. 

BTW I MISS HOCKEY!!!!  I've been watching last year's games when they replay them on the TV channel that plays Columbus Blue Jackets.  I have also gotten my fix by going to, yes, non-pro adult games at the local rink.  I also miss the TV coverage that Canadian channels give hockey.  I spent a week in up there for work one season and it was heaven.  Every night: hockey!  Agh!  Sorry, I think I have a new topic of discussion. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepystitcher
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2004 04:08:10 PM »

BTW I MISS HOCKEY!!!!  I've been watching last year's games when they replay them on the TV channel that plays Columbus Blue Jackets.  I have also gotten my fix by going to, yes, non-pro adult games at the local rink.  I also miss the TV coverage that Canadian channels give hockey.  I spent a week in up there for work one season and it was heaven.  Every night: hockey!  Agh!  Sorry, I think I have a new topic of discussion. Wink

Oh boy, do I miss the CBC coverage from Canada!!!  Now that I'm in Missouri, Canadian coverage is non-existant.  We've been getting old games on the St.Louis Blues channel.  I actually found a NAHL Jr team about 40 miles away.  WHOOHOOO!!! As soon as my van is running I'm going up to Springfield to see some HOCKEY!!!

Sorry about hijacking this thread, but I'm in serious hockey withdrawl, or cantcha tell???  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymberlee

I craft, therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004 08:18:05 PM »

Yes, I too am deeply upset by the lack of hockey. It's the only thing that makes winter bearable once the holiodays are over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004 02:11:19 PM »

I didn'T really have a pattern, but I'll tell you roughly what I did. (They may be weird instructions, I apologize in advance ;-)
1. Get a dildo, vibrator, or something of the approximate size.
2. Chain a few stitches (about 4-6) and attach the last loop to the first with a slip stich so that you have a circle.
3. Single crochet around the loop, adding stitches here and there until you have a circle that covers the head of the dildo, and is wide enough that it fold around the top.
4. Once it is the right size just crochet around and around until it makes a tube that covers the whole dildo.
And that'S it really. I added stripes, but you can do whatever you want. I used googly eyes for the eyes, pipe cleaners for the antennae, and felt for the mouth. Hope that helps!
Kym
I'm trying my own cosy, but I doing it differenty, I've made a chain about 3 times the lenght of my vibe (making a circle with a chain of 4-6 didn't work for me). then single crocheting it until I get the right lenght of the diameter of the vibe, then crocheting the beginning to the end (& by then hopefully it won't be as long).  Oh, did I mention that I started to crochet about week ago? This isn't my first project by any means.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Complex Shapes with Intersecting Lines
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using the Selection Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Intersecting Shapes within a Single Layer
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Advanced Vector Drawing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Eraser Tool
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...