A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Glitter will spruce up any body parts you have laying around the house.
Total Members: 308,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Footrest-Cube cover????  (Read 450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zizibee
« on: January 09, 2006 02:52:23 PM »

Hi,

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to make neat slip covers for a cube shaped footrest thingy?Huh I looked throught the search result with no success.
I have some ideas but kind of puzzled re. how to make the corners look nice??? It also needs to be big enough so i can't use 1 piece of fabric + like this....
I'm sure it's pretty simple...
 Undecided Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes

Thanks for helping out! Zizi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ayn
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006 07:50:44 AM »

Hi zizibee -- not sure if this is the same basic "ottoman" style as your footrest, but see if this helps any:

http://www.upholster.com/howto/slip2.html

Assuming that's pretty close to the style of your footrest, & if you don't actually need anything that formal or tailored looking, just a cover -- you could play around with another idea I've seen before:

Drape a big round or square piece of fabric over the top of the ottoman. The fabric edges need to reach at least one-third to one-half of the way down the upholstered sides (in other words, fabric edges need to reach fairly-well-past the open-ish part where ottomans 'pillowtop' meets upholstered cube part).  Fabric doesn't even 'have' to be hemmed, unless it's the ravel-y type  ----
Then pin the fabric to the upholstered sides, pleating a little here & there as needed to fit it as desired (either heavy-duty T-pins or the curly pins normally used to fix a throwcover in place would work, depending on fabric weight/thickness) ----
Then make a simple elastic-top skirt (similar to bedskirt or elastic-waisted woman's skirt) to pull over the ottoman.  The 'skirt' just needs to be long enough to cover from a little way above the pins down to near or at the floor.  Could either be full/ruffly or simpler & more close-fitting, as desired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 12/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 13/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 2/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 4/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 9/29
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Zombunnies!
April 1, 2015 Featured Projects
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Pape... RAAR grrr ugggh!!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...