A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spill Your Valentine's Ideas Here... I Won't Tell!  (Read 30902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2006 11:41:11 AM »

L:

i kinda had the same issue but with a annivesary......w/o the daughter part.....but i just wrote him a funny love poem.....so it wasnt romantic and all it was really short and had to do with what we were doing this weekend.....something around the lines of "i love you more than dirt, with another guy i will not flirt" ect.

haha thats funny, sounds good to me now just have to think of more. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
kristieb

Compulsive Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2006 12:21:02 PM »

I know I am supposed to be telling ideas, but lets face it, I need them. I have no idea what to do..so here it is.

The boy is Eric:

He lvoes ZOMBIES
He's at purdue for engineering
Baby carrotts are his favorite snacks
loves beer
loves hockey
loves fantomas and melt banana
And horror flicks

ANY IDEAS?!? PLEASE?!?! Thank you Smiley

Make him a love zombie!

A knit or sewed felt one with a heart on it.

I have this tiny doll that I bought at a local art store that is made of black string wrapped into a ball for the head and another for the torso. The arms and legs are the same black string wrapped around toothpicks. Then it is wrapped with white string to look like a mummy with one googly eye and one screw eye. The chest has a heart on it.

I think your boy would love something like that.

I'm going to try to scan a picture of it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristieb

Compulsive Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2006 12:36:47 PM »

My monster/ mummy doll. I love this stupid thing. It sits on my computer at work.

I aplogize for the bad picture, but I don't have a digital camera at work, so I scanned it on my photocopier.

I think this doll would be insanely easy to recreate.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011 08:24:18 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BatGrrl
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2006 12:45:09 PM »

My  husband and I go sort of back and forth on Valentine's Day--this year he's getting a set of sheets that match the bedspread he bought (he doesn't want to put our sheets that don't match it on), and some Heart CDs, because he's just started learning Crazy on You on guitar and is suddenly expressing an interest in Heart.  I'll be attaching a silly note about giving him my heart.  (Total ouch on the pun, I know....that's why I like it!)  He's made reservations for us at a spa/hotel for next weekend.

I thought I'd share a couple of things that I did in the past in case anyone is looking for ideas.  It's too late to do either of these this year, but in case any of you are plotting already for next year...

"Wife of a Thousand Valentines"
 I posted a little about this in another thread, but basically, when my husband jokingly called me the wife of a thousand Valentines after I left 40 or so hidden in our apartment, I took it as a challenge and started collecting different manufactured V cards until I had 1000 different cards (no cheating and using the four repeats of each card in a box).  Then I wrote a different message on each card, some inspired from the cards, some from memories, whatever, and I kept track in a computer file that I could search to see if I'd written the same message before.  Messages ranged from G to R in rating.  Then I numbered each Valentine on the outside and got two large photo books and tucked some numbered placeholders in at intervals to hold the cards.  Hiding them was difficult at times, and he certainly hasn't found them all yet after three years--I put them between dishes in the cupboards, inside DVD and CD cases, in books, in his dresser drawers and shoes, in the band-aids box, inside his baseball glove--anywhere I could think of.  Because we were spending a lot of time apart then, since I was still doing course work and living most of the school year in another city, it was a way to keep popping up while I was away.  It was interesting enough that someone from Glamour magazine actually interviewed me about it for a story on sweet thigns couples do for each other, but as far as I know I didn't make the cut.   Roll Eyes  If you're a paper-craft or computer goddess, imagine what you could do with customized Valentine cards.  Wink  If you're not goddessy in those areas, after V-Day, stores will clear their stock out at reduced prices.  I got some boxes last year at a discount store for only 10 cents a box!  Especially check your Goodwill and lower end liquidation stores.

Valentines from Every State:
For part of the 1000 Valentines, I actually had one sent from each state.  Through family, friends, and websites I frequented, I found someone in each state who agreed to send a Valentine for me.  It was really simple--I wrote the card myself and sent it sealed in a SASE to my state helpers (including a Valentine card that thanked them for their help), and all they had to do was drop the Valentine in the mail so it would get the postmark with the state on it.  (That was when they had the series of state postcard stamps, so each postmarked letter had the same state's stamp on it for an extra layer of clever.)  Some were mailed before hand, some people saved them to get a February 14 postmark--basically, I made it so they arrived a little over a week before Valentine's Day and asked for them to be mailed anytime between when they received it and Valentine's Day, whatever was most convenient.  It was nice--they trickled in to the mailbox in small clusters, with the largest number actually arriving on V-Day.  The one drawback to this stunt is that MO got lost in the mail on the way back--my friend had even saved it so it'd have a Feb. 14 postmark no it, so she felt bad it never made it.  It was still pretty cool, though.  If anyone wants to try this in the future, I'd be happy to get you a Wisconsin postmark.

One other note--one of the coolest Valentines I ever saw was one my dad made for my mom one year when I was a kid.  The card was made out of a strip of birchbark (my dad was a forest and parks tech at the time) with a Tenderheart Care Bear sticker on it and a mesage written on in black Sharpie.  It was really adorable and from the heart.

Pieces,

Joanne

« Last Edit: February 10, 2006 01:30:12 PM by BatGrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2006 01:07:29 PM »

I love the 1000 Valentines idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
goodbyedream

~love~hurts~ Goober~4~Love

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2006 01:28:17 PM »

haha thats funny, sounds good to me now just have to think of more. haha
[/quote]

i think mine went

i love you more than dirt~with another guy i will not flirt~even if i dont like your shirt~and sometimes i think your a pervert~it will be me who you will hurt~ if you too cannot say i love you more than dirt~and if you show up at the concert~maybe i'll wear my mini skirt~cuz i love you more than dirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~did i die in beauty~with a smile on my face~i was thinking of the beginning~when our love was real~but if there is a beginning there is always an end~unfourtanatley our end came too soon~we live on but our love is dead~never to return~our fate wasnt love it was death~
doomcandy

small.cute.vicious.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2006 03:56:08 PM »

ok i need everyones help!!
im trying to win back my BF, i broke up with him 3 weeks ago for stupid stupid reasons and now im trying to win him back over.
itll be 3 years for us, so i want this v-day to be special.
problems
-he has to work til 6
-i have my daughter, so no going out
-metal dude-not so romantic
-im a vegetarian hes a meat-eater

im so stumped this year!!! help me out

i know how hard it is to buy for those guys, me and my 'metal dude' have been together for just over 2 years. try buying him something to do with his favorite band and he'll probably appreciate the thought. my bf is a big Bathory fan so for his birthday the year Bathory died i bought him a miniature venus fly trap plant and painted the name Bathory on a black pot to put it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

i'm always keen for personal swaps and ATC trading, just PM me!
http://www.wists.com/doomcandy
myspace
   http://www.myspace.com/feyling

http://www.wists.com/doomcandy
bluegum

Deranged Speed Knitting

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2006 12:52:23 AM »

as for v-day I'm pretty much thinking it's going to be no big thing with us(store bought gift for him[i shudder at this]) the thing of it is v-day is the 14 his birthday/our 9 month is the 15th.  I'm think though that maybe that happy little book idea is a really good one....he's always bugging me for pictures so maybe I could throw pictures of me in there with it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if i could be anything i'd be your tear/because i was born in your eye/lived in you cheek/and died on your lip
letisha
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2006 09:20:28 AM »

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO..I DONT HAVE A GUY.. BUT I KNOW THIS GUY WHO SAYS HE LIKES ME AND I LIKE HIM ALOT BUT HE HAD HIS HEART BROKEN AND HE ISNT READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP AND I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD MAKE HIM A CARD (homade) OR JUST SKIP VALENTINES DAY.. IDK HELP ME PLEASE Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2006 09:23:30 AM »

I'd skip it, personally.  If he just got out of a different relationship, now probably isnt the time for v-day gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Fashion Tips for Parties and More
Trend Alert: Lace Pumps
Stylist Tod Hallman Shares His No. 1 Red Carpet Essential
Denim Jacket Trends
Hottest Looks for the Holiday Season
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...