A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spill Your Valentine's Ideas Here... I Won't Tell!  (Read 31728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006 01:46:00 PM »

What are you planning for Valentine's Day? Share here!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006 02:49:18 PM »

Okay, I haven't actually done this, but I thought this would be a neat thing to do.

Go to a public place (grocery store, park, school etc.) with one letter per one piece of paper to spell out "I love you *name*" or whatever message you want, photograph a stranger holding one sheet for each sheet (except maybe the last one, with a heart or "!" or something as you, and then get the photos developed or printed, and put them in a little book (in order) and decorate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006 02:53:10 PM »

That's a really cute idea. I absolutely love it. Whoever receives it is a very lucky person.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006 03:15:13 PM »

See, the bf and I aren't particularly romantic, so I know he would appreciate if I did it for him, but he won't be disappointed if we just stay home and eat sloppy joes and watch Futurama on Valentine's Day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
opiate_rose
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006 03:24:52 PM »

I'm making a cake for my best friend, since niether of us is in a serious relationship, it's going to be a hear shape and be swirled red and black, and frosted red with a piped anatomically correct heart on top, I'm thinking.  It'll be fun because she works that night and she's an EMT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catgirrrl
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006 09:18:37 AM »

I'll be doing what I did last year, handmake Valentine's Day cards that I mail to all my friends and family and make cupcakes.  I'm all for celebrating Valentine's Day like kindergarten: everyone gets a Valentine and everyone gets to eat pink cupcakes. Smiley

Last year I did collage cards, the year before I did stamped cards (hearts made out of number stamps in gold and two years before that I did a woodcut print heart.  I'll be doing either an etching on copper heart or a woodcut/linocut print heart this year for the cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktkntr
Hey little boy, what you got there? Kind sir, it's a mollusk I found.

Sassyfrassy lassy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006 12:04:28 PM »

Catgirrl, I'm so with you there!  The kindergarten way is best. Valentine's Day should be about caring and love for everyone. I'm a lucky girl though, I love Valentine's Day because it's my birthday. So for the majority of my life, it's been about famliy and stuff rather than romance.  My husband gets off like a crook, one dual-purpose gift!  And his b-day is a few days after, so I'll just be doing a card and a small photobook of memories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkalisious jewelry:  www.zoo-loo.com
at etsy, too: www.ilovezooloo.etsy.com
RaChElFaCe
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006 12:10:47 PM »

for my boyfriend of almost two years (Feb. 3rd! YAY)I've compiled a CD of Cheesy love songs I snagged from the cheesy love song thread on here... I think I'm also going to make chocolate dipped marichino (SP) cherries... a lady here at work did it and they were pretty awesome... and a few other random gifts I still need to figure out.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mserocks
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006 09:55:24 PM »

It me and the boy's first Valentine's day together (Jan is 9 months total).

Definites:
1. Black tshirt with "hendrix" in gothic-y letters stenciled on the front and a silhouette of Jimi Hendrix on the back- His last name is Hendrix so its doubley cool.

2. Red tshirt with the dual corvette flags stencilled in black on the front, and prolly a z28 on the back. He's a 'vette nut.

3. Matchbox corvette car

Maybes.
1. knitted laptop bag from knitwit book, but I'm so slow it prolly won't happen.

or

2. a stenciled pillowcase like the one super cool girl posted here for Christmas for her boy. Mine travels too much Sad

and

3. littlest ninja's  super cool little photobook idea Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi.

Ok, me too! www.wists.com/mserocks
Petunia0384
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006 09:28:19 PM »

Well, my present to my boy is a ski trip (a day one, unfortunately, I don't have the dought to do overnight) for the two of us.  I don't want to actually buy the lift ticket yet because so far, the snow situation isn't looking too good (it's been in the 50's), so I'm thinking of making it like a cute little "coupon" or something...  But I'd like a creative way to present it.  Suggestions, anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Felt Making
The Art of Turkish Glass Blowing
The Art of Ebru
The Art of Turkish Calligraphy
The Art of Recycled African Culture Puppets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...