A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recycled Hanukkah Coin Deliciousness!  (Read 2149 times)
Tags for this thread: hanukkah  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

motleykitten

Fuck nosejobs. Jewish Noses are HOT!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2006 05:45:57 PM »

This year Al and I hosted a Hanukkah party at our house. We made latkes, made all our friends drink Manischewitz (someone described it as "watered-down grape jelly with booze in it"), and I bought a buttload of chocolate Hanukkah coins so we could all gamble. We had licensed coins this year- Spongebob, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and Batman.
Thing is, once you get drunk the rules of dreidel go out the window, and you start eating your winnings.
In the aftermath of the celebration I had all these leftover coins, so I decided that I should post what to do with them, if by chance you ever become Jewish and find yourself with an abundance of coinies. OR if you are already Jewish and save your coinies for next year and wonder why they taste like ass. Now, there is really no need for a photo tutorial because it is pretty self-explanatory, but I got a new digital camera and I love playing with it. So don't judge me!!

<b>First and foremost, remember before any edible Hanukkah coin recycling activities, that you REMOVE THE FOIL. FOIL IS NOT DELICIOUS.</b> This may seem like common sense, until you start drinking Manischewitz.

Now that the wrapping is off, you can begin the deliciousness. Now go get some peanut butter and stick it on one of the coins.

Then stick the other coin on top!

Now bask in the delicious! Don't forget to lift the pinkie.

Other uses for Hanukkah coins:
1. Use instead of pepperoni on pizza.
2. Throw at old people.
3. Throw at Nazis (and run!).
4. Toss in salad as a chocolatey alternative to croutons.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006 05:49:17 PM by motleykitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up yours, young people. You and your rock and roll 8-track tapes!
Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006 05:49:09 PM »

ohohhhhhhh yum. i love gelt!

This weekend my fiance and I drove my brother up to college and by chance lifted up the armrest in the front seat of my parents car to find it filled like a treasure chest with delicious chocolate coins!

It was a fun ride up.
Great idea on the peanut butter sammy's!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
motleykitten

Fuck nosejobs. Jewish Noses are HOT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006 07:46:45 PM »

ohohhhhhhh yum. i love gelt!

This weekend my fiance and I drove my brother up to college and by chance lifted up the armrest in the front seat of my parents car to find it filled like a treasure chest with delicious chocolate coins!

It was a fun ride up.
Great idea on the peanut butter sammy's!!!
Dear Sarah,
Thank you for being a fellow Jewess who loves using the word "delicious." I also thought of another idea on recycling Hanukkah coins- put them in with your regular change and then go to your bank and stick it in the coin counter. Wouldn't it be funny if the next time you got a roll of quarters from the bank their was a gelt in there? There's always at least ONE Canadian coin in there anyway, and those aren't even delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up yours, young people. You and your rock and roll 8-track tapes!
ladybugz1125
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006 12:55:48 PM »

mmm...i love hanukkah coins and I am not even jewish. I love after the holidays when all the stuff goes on clearance and I get a bag of coins for a quarter. yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookem
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006 02:49:33 AM »

wow, i learned something new today... in new zealand, chocolate coins are a traditional christmas stocking stuffer, i had never heard of any other instance of their consumption. could you tell me how this originated as an aspect of hanukka? (also, what does spongebob have to do with hanukka?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
forknspoon
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006 06:07:12 PM »

Yum! I love Hanukkah coins! Especially the dark chocolate ones. And sandwiching peanut butter between them sounds like heaven!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://whammyindustries.com
Custom buttons and magnets, crafty and cooking zines, and other awesome stuff galore!
bonbonz101
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006 11:40:39 AM »

mmm...i love hanukkah coins and I am not even jewish. I love after the holidays when all the stuff goes on clearance and I get a bag of coins for a quarter. yum!

haha neither am i...but for some reason, my mom gave me them this year. and i still have some, so i can't wait to try what you did! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from a long hiatus!
PM me about personal swaps Tongue

Wists: http://www.wists.com/bonbonz101
Style blog: http://mypolychromelife.blogspot.com
Check out my vintage Etsy store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6023310

Smiley
wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006 11:48:43 AM »

i've never heard of them being used for christmas!

jewish people use them to play dreidel. it's like a top. i'd google it for you but i'm too lazy.

jnfdgsjfbnfijn i h8 christmas. i dont get any of these. )= i want a chocolate sandwich. i have little chocolate santas though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
brookem
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006 03:42:47 AM »

a friend of mine brought me back some chanukkah nuts from san francisco- they are kind of like almond m&ms, but are way better and are only blue and white.

i may be wrong, but i don't know if these are available in nz- i wish they were.

also, i am familiar with the game of dreidel, but have only ever played for peanuts. gold coins sounds like more fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
Tulaislinne

feeling a bit norty...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006 11:01:54 AM »

Perhaps chocolate yuletide coins are also a Great Britain and Commonwealth thing.  My mummy dearest - not at all Jewish, but very much English and Irish Catholic - always gave us a bag of chocolate coins in our stockings for Christmas (even though the chocolate's never at all nice ... does anyone know if Cadbury's makes chocolate coins, by the way?).

...Come to think of it now... 1. my granny always had a plate in her kitchen with the word "Shalom" upon it, 2. I distinctly recall her often enough singing "My yiddishe mama", and 3. there's a peculiar family rumour about a Jew having 'chased m'ninny up the back entry'...

...but as far as the chocolate coins are concerned, I'm fairly certain that it's a British thing, too (I'm not entirely certain, though, having been raised in the States).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm organizing, focusing and purging my craft projects and supplies in 2010.  Please PM me if you live in Chicagoland or SE Wisconsin and would like to swap, trade or barter supplies!  (I'd even trade some for delicious treats or good craft karma.)  Happy to send a list &/or photos as I compile it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CeraVe Sunscreen SPF 50 For Face Review
Supergoop Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream Review
Coppertone Kids Wacky Foam SPF 75+ Review
Pureology Precious Oil Review
Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream SPF 25 Review
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...