A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sharpie Pants  (Read 4515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

-steps-
« on: January 08, 2006 04:54:53 PM »

I got some sharpies recently and I, of course, had to draw on my pants Cheesy I found a pair of jeans crumpled up in the back corner of my closet (which I hadn't worn for about five years) and started drawing on them!
They aren't exactly finished (I apologize for posting in the completed board) because I ran out of the pink thread I was using for outlines (it was in one of those huge kits with about 50 different colored small spools of thread in it) and I want to embellish them more, but I wanted to post them and ask you guys to post your sharpie pants (If you have any of course Cheesy)  The ones that I've seen on here already are amazing!
Plus, I ran out of ideas for what to put on the rest of the pants Cheesy

The Jeans (Which are sadly a little to big for me and way to short even for capris)
http://bluestar.250free.com/IM000016.JPG
Butterflies (I can't decide how to decorate the wings because I don't sew very well.  I'm thinking sequins or beads...)
http://bluestar.250free.com/IM000017.JPG
And this weird yet cool design that I found on the internet for a Photoshop vector tutorial.  Credit goes to this guy/gal: http://www.n-sane.net/guest_tutorials/vector_using_shapes/index.php
http://bluestar.250free.com/IM000021.JPG

Please post your sharpie pants!!
  -Kate
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011 06:44:55 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampirategurrl08
I'm kind of a big deal.

That's how I roll!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006 06:16:06 PM »

ooh those look nice
does the sharpie wash out or run when you wash it?
by the way I think the butterflies look okay the way they are, but if u wanted to decorate the wings, i think sequins would look pretty cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torn apart at the seams and my dreams turn to tears.

http://www.wists.com/kyy08
PaperWings

Flippin right.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006 06:21:43 PM »

I love them. I've got sharpie pants, but they're kinda to dark to see even when i take pictures:P ive tried.. oh well:) i like em'Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a thousand is a statistic.
-steps-
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006 06:22:04 PM »

ooh those look nice
does the sharpie wash out or run when you wash it?
by the way I think the butterflies look okay the way they are, but if u wanted to decorate the wings, i think sequins would look pretty cute
Thanks Smiley

I'm not totally sure what'll happen when I throw them in the wash.  I drew the designs and colored them in first with regular sharpie and then, while I was trying to figure out a way to or set the sharpie so it wouldn't wash out, I discovered the Rub-A-Dub sharpies that don't wash out of fabric.  I bought a pair and colored over the regular sharpie with it.  My brother thinks the regular sharpie underneath will spread though so I'm thinking about ironing them because I think I read that doing so would set the ink.
I hope so anyway!

I love them. I've got sharpie pants, but they're kinda to dark to see even when i take pictures:P ive tried.. oh well:) i like em'Smiley

I'm glad you like them!  I wish you would post pictures of yours though!  I might be able to brighten them.

I've got a question for anyone who has reconstructed jeans:  If I were to cut off a leg, would that screw up the seam on the side?  Would the pants fall apart?
I'm thinking of doing something like this with the pants (I really hope I'm not making any mods mad for this being uncompleted):

Cutting the legs and putting in some fabric to make them longer.  Do you think it would work?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006 06:34:58 PM by -steps- » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006 09:23:15 AM »

You can definitely cut them off and add fabric in the middle - I do it with my daughter's pants all the time!  Just cut where you've a mind too and when you sew the fabric to the jeans, you'll make a new seam, those sideseams will be fine!  I also add fabric to the sides of her jeans and that's cute too.  She's almost 11yo, but she's almost 5' tall and weighs 95lbs.  So keeping her in jeans is a chore.  We had to get creative!!

Good luck, I want to see them when they're done!

Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006 03:26:32 PM »

The fabric-in-the-middle idea sounds like it'd be cute. The Rub-a-Dub sharpies work pretty well - when I used them on my jeans, they faded a lot in the first wash, but I think it just looks like they faded more because they were so dark at first(I'll edit this post with pics when I get up next...in a very lazy mood today Tongue ). I used 'em to make a Streetlight shirt too, though, and they still haven't faded too bad. Keep us updated on your capri-to-jeans operation! Wink

edit: 'kay, here's the pics(ignore Scooter and Yoyo, they got curious...aren't they cute though?!)

They're song lyrics, if you hadn't guessed...with the band name(in the case of NOFX)/logo-type thing stencilled or bleached on there, too.

And by the way, nice job on the edging of the designs in pink thread. I never would have thought of that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006 04:20:55 PM by sapphire_distortion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
-steps-
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006 05:49:18 PM »

You can definitely cut them off and add fabric in the middle - I do it with my daughter's pants all the time!  Just cut where you've a mind too and when you sew the fabric to the jeans, you'll make a new seam, those sideseams will be fine!  I also add fabric to the sides of her jeans and that's cute too.  She's almost 11yo, but she's almost 5' tall and weighs 95lbs.  So keeping her in jeans is a chore.  We had to get creative!!

Good luck, I want to see them when they're done!

Dawn
Thanks for confirming that it will work-I think I'll need to have  my mom help though Cheesy

sapphire_distortion-Yours are cute (And so are your dogs!)!  The lines are crisp on your designs and the bleached parts look great!  I have to ask though, where did you find the colored Sharpies?  I only wanted black, but I was trying to find colored ones for my cousins who were very interested in the concept of drawing on clothes Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006 07:42:10 PM »

sapphire_distortion-Yours are cute (And so are your dogs!)!  The lines are crisp on your designs and the bleached parts look great!  I have to ask though, where did you find the colored Sharpies?  I only wanted black, but I was trying to find colored ones for my cousins who were very interested in the concept of drawing on clothes Cheesy 

Oops, my bad. The colored parts are fabric paint. I do know, however, that colored Sharpies exist because my sister has a set. I think I may have seen either some sharpies or some kind of fabric marker relatively cheap at Michael's - do you have one of those around you? If not, I'd try Walmart(*shudder*) over in the school supplies area. Oh, and thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
kityeyes
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006 11:18:52 AM »

i have always colored on my clothes. my dad hated it..but..i still do..but i had a bunch of tank tops that needed something and so i colored on them with my sharpies lol. i babysit allot so if you do that or have very little kids you might know who i put on them. one i did a charlie and lola shirt..and the other has June on the front and Rocket on the back. ill post pics as soon as i get them.
i love the pants tho. very cute and the adding things to them to make them longer..i do that all the time too...all my pants seem to shrink on me so i have to. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guitar*girl
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006 12:31:47 PM »

Ooh, I love those! I write/draw on my pants all the time-with washable pen, not sharpie, though-so maybe I'll try this :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've lost my sanity; can I borrow yours?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wash a Full Lace Wig
How to Create Fun New Hair Styles
How to Study Hairdressing with Saco
How to Color Your Hair
Hair Care Tips by Garnier
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...