A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit and Tonic's Somewhat Cowl?  (Read 40423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2006 10:51:19 AM »

Neuromancer -- too bad one can't whistle over a forum like this... but if I could... <whistle>

heavens to betsy, girl, you've got to wear something under that sweater or you're going to cause traffic accidents!   Wink

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2006 05:25:34 PM »

OMG...  Shocked
Just a word to the wise: 
If you are almost finished with the ribbing at the bottom and your gut tells you that you should try your SWC on just to be sure the length will be right but your keen knitting logic tells you that if you try it on the stitches will most definitely fall off but you do it anyway.....

GO WITH YOUR KEEN KNITTING LOGIC!  The stitches do fall off.  And it is very sad. 

I guess another option would have been to use stitch holders instead of another set of circulars...

At least I know now what I already knew all along:  the length is fine!  Tongue

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2006 07:44:03 PM »

hollydeanna, it looks great. 

Gezellig_girl, I went with my exact bust size and wouldn't want it any wider, but I am tall, so it's maybe a little short.  I'm wishing I'd bought one extra ball of yarn.  I'm having to skimp a little on the sleeves and waist ribbing (I did the neck ribbing first).

I have one sleeve and the neckline whipstitching left to do.  The neck is pinned in this picture:

Wow- what a sexy sweater! I love the shaping of it. That puts the sweater I had in mind to make...to shame!

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2006 07:53:48 AM »

Neuromancer, did you do extra shaping on your SWC or did it just work out that way for you?  What size did you make? 

It looks GREAT.  Hopefully mine will look that good, but I think it will be a little less fitted than I anticipated.

« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2006 02:38:22 PM »

Thanks!  I made the small, but made it a bit longer than the pattern called for.

Unfortunately, I blocked the sweater and now it's a bit droopy and I HAVE to wear something under it.  No question.  That made me sad.  I shouldn't have blocked it.  It still looks nice, but not as fitted.

I did follow the updated pattern instructions for waist shaping.
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2007 04:47:05 AM »

Is anyone still knitting this? I ordered my yarn yesterday, but it's coming from the other side of the pond, so my excitement's going to have to ferment for a while. I've loved seeing all your finished products, and I'd appreciate some advice from Somewhat Cowl veterans: I have a 35" bust - do you guys think I'd be best off making the 34", to be sure of getting a fitted sweater?

Thank you, anyone who answers this!

Who would have thought - I have a blog!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2007 10:21:35 AM »

I knitted my SWC in my size with a silky yarn that didn't have much stretch and I wish now that I had knit it a size smaller. It's a little "loose" for my taste, I prefer a fitted knit too. If you're knitting with a wool yarn, or something with a bit of stretch to it, you should be fine knitting to size but I think the pattern is built a little big in general.

P.S. Watch out for those arm increases! Mine ended up being really baggy under the armpit.

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2007 04:03:54 PM »

OK...so I this is on my to-knit list, but I am not able to find the notes on waist shaping and the changes in the arms.  Is it hidden somewhere on Knit and Tonic's site?  I came across it the other day and now I can't find it.  Please help! 

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2007 07:38:51 PM »

Wendy is really awesome about writing back if you email her.  She will help you--no doubt--with the shaping.  Good luck!  And post pics.

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2007 11:03:23 AM »

Hooray, my yarn's come! I'm using the Blue Sky Alpaca specified in the pattern, but in a new shade called blueberry, which is absolutely gorgeous. The only thing is I've never had yarn in skeins before, and the prospect of winding seven of the darned things into balls might put me off starting for a while...

jesintexas, have you started yours? I can't wait to see pictures! And nevergirl, thanks for the tips Smiley 

Who would have thought - I have a blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hemp Jewelry
Learn How to Make Hemp Jewelry
How to Make a Woven Yarn Friendship Bracelet
How to Make A Woven Yarn Friendship V Bracelet
Learn About Antique Jewelry Boxes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...