A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Name Book - Photo Heavy  (Read 40047 times)
Tags for this thread: name , felt_name_book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006 09:52:44 AM »

That is so cute - I think its perfect - wish I had one for each of my little ones when they were young - I think there is a market for them for sure. In the back of mag's there are ad's for computerized books of kids names - this is 1000 x's better than those.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006 09:54:56 AM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

scrappygirl085
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006 10:14:22 AM »

This is SO great!  Any kid would be lucky to receive this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jutybo
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006 10:15:33 AM »

Heck yes, I'd buy one for my baby boy!  I recently bought supplies for a Quiet Book for him (after being motivated by fellow Craftsters who've made a few), but the whole task is just making me feel overwhelmed.   Cry  So, alas, one month from his birthday I still haven't started it.  At first I couldn't believe how long it took you to make yours, then after I saw the pictures, I can't believe you did it in such a short time!!  You are SO talented!!!  And I really like the animals (and their expressions)- did you design them yourself or use cut-outs or something??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CosmoLaLa
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006 10:19:51 AM »

Smiley Cheesy

I love this too! It's amazing and can definitely tell it's made with love. I'd buy one too, in a heartbeat if I had a little one. Love the idea of just doing framed panels as well. What a creative way to decorate a nursery. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlightlyFoxed
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006 10:20:34 AM »

Total heartmelt when I saw "by Mama"!

I've been thinking about doing something similar for my friend's baby. Now I'm inspired! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fox: 1. (n) Animal of the genus Vulpes, having an elongated, pointed muzzle and bushy tail; 2. (adj) Cunning; 3. (slang) Attractive woman; 4. (v) To intoxicate or befuddle; 5. (v) To discolor (the leaves of a book)
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006 11:39:43 AM »

Absolutely beautiful. Thank goodness for the "hot new topics" button or I might not have seen this. What a beautiful heirloom! I love the bright colours, the cute animals... everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006 02:00:36 PM »

I LOVE THAT BOOK! LOVE! L-O-V-E!!!

My best friend has a little girl named Izabella and she would love something like that.
Did you freehand the animals or did you have a pattern??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homestar
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006 02:17:32 PM »

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  You have done an absolutely astounding job on that.  Everything from the design to the execution is beautiful.  Congradulations, and that's an heirloom your daughter will keep for the rest of her life!

My biological clock just started ticking...  I need to have a kid so I can make one of those for him/ her.

Can't wait to tell my significant other the reason we should start our family...  "but honey, it was seriously the best thing EVER, and wouldn't it be sweet if..."  yeah he might not go for it, now that I consider it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006 02:54:04 PM »

WOW.

that is officially the coolest, most imaginative child's book i've ever seen.  that will be one of your child's favorite heirlooms from childhood.

about the felt:  there is no such thing as "craft" felt or "fabric" felt--it's all the same thing--the difference is the fiber content.  wool felt is traditional, but acrylic is what most people use.

the only other difference is the cut--you can get it in sheets, or you can get it by the yard like all other fabrics.

oh, and the cost--wool costs more than acrylic in all forms.  sheets of felt, no matter the fiber content, cost more than yardage.

and as bloocanoe said, thank goodness for the "hot topics" button, i would have missed this and that would have been my loss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
PurpleHeather
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006 03:03:07 PM »

This is lovely - I love the details, colours and all the expressions on the animal faces.  The turtles having button texture backs is great, and I adore the lamb Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Thumper
How to Move Original Music to MySpace
How to Play Paintball Like Rambo
How To Cheat at Rock Paper Scissors
How to Have Better Creative Thinking
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...