A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,959
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I found Altoids in Australia...!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2006 03:11:01 PM »

Ok, so altoid tins are so great and handy for a TONNE of things, but there are also lots of crafty uses for them.

I have two, which i pinched from my boyfriend when he went to the states, he also has a tiny mini one i want so badly cause its gorgeous... but he uses it... poohey Sad

Anyway, So i was on holidays with my family in South Australia, Im live in Melbourne, and we went out for the day to Hahndorf, you know... the german tourist town thingo... Anyways, so we were walking around looking in the shops and stuff, and we came across a lolly shop...

So, me, being the sweet tooth i am, and my bf, being the lovley go anywhere I do kinda guy (well, thats what he tells me, he actually wanted to go in more than me) [and yes, that is what i keep telling myself] we went in and looked around... picked up a couple of things to buy... and then my bf saw reeces cups (sp??) so he bought some of them, he thought i would love them... (i gotta say, thank the powers that be for our chocolate, american chocolate SUCKS!!) so, i decided to be smart... and ask if they had Altoids...

THEY DID...!!!!!!!! I just about danced.... like i said.. im in love with those tins... anyways, i decided... instead of spending all my money and clearing the shop of all altoids, id only buy one... and make my mum go back and buy more...

so.... thats my little story incase anyone has been looking for altoids (or the tins) in Australia, more specifically, SA.

ElvenOne

P.s. The shop was called Humbugs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
toadyjoe
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006 08:32:17 PM »

Hey, I've been to Hahndorf!  Rock ON.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006 08:49:52 PM »

Ooh Ooh! I have a serious Reeses Peanutbutter Cups addiction and when my local 7-11 sotpped selling them  Cry  I  had to go on a chocolate safari...  Wink

I found a lolly shop in Melbourne Central that sells HEAPS of overseas lollies! They have Altoids too! In three flavours so if you wanted to choose a different tin colour or to try the hot cinnamon flavour... you can!

Best of all (in my mind) they sell Reeses PeanutButter Cups. Mmmm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvety
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006 01:11:45 AM »

I bought Altoids from here before I even had seen all the cool stuff you can do with the tins!  Roll Eyes
http://www.usafoods.com.au/index.php
I always buy the hot cinammon flavour and I am also hopelessly addicted to cinnamon fire Jolly ranchers.
They also sell Kool Aid and all sorts of wacky stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
purple_hippo
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006 02:14:21 AM »

Which shop in Melbourne Central? Does the one in Lygon St have? How about the American Food Store in Bentleigh? And roughly how much do they cost?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006 01:32:18 AM »

The shop in Melbourne Central is The Original Lolly Store.
They do have a Lygon Street shop.

They have a website too : www.theoriginallollystore.com.au

The Melb Central store is in Menzies Place on the ground Floor.

Happy lolly snarfing!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006 12:00:17 AM by geek-pride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

legiolinde
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006 09:58:06 PM »

My boyfriend got some Altoids from a Lolly Shop at Westfield Southland in Cheltenham (Melbourne), from a lolly store thats across from Bi Lo. He uses the tin to keep electrical bits in.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006 12:58:36 AM »

I love altoid tins. I'll have to check out the local confectioner . how much did they cost ? i saw empty tins the same size as an altoid tin un embossed or painted for five bucks at the scrap booking shop (least favourite place in the world) that seems a bit expensive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006 08:09:16 PM »

I also found Altiods at the Lindt store in Perth the other day.. so maybe just try and serious candy stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
twelvety
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006 08:27:29 PM »

I found some in Hobart the other day, amazing as it is usually impossible to find ANYTHING here!
They were in a specialty lolly shop that I have been walking past for years and never gone in Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Dare: Subtly Shimmering Cheeks
Double Dare: Cherry Red Lip
The Bleached Brow Look, Without the Bleach
Beauty Test Lab: Gimme Brow Review
InstaMakeover: The Ultimate Party Hopping Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...