A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ATC  (Read 1104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftgirl_sampson
« on: January 05, 2006 11:35:05 AM »

i really like the atc cards. but the thing is that i just don't understand anything to do with them. the only thing i know is that people collected them. dose the same person always make the same card? that the big question i have aout them.
sorry if this is on the wong board ust tell me and i'll move it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to to personal swaps  Smiley Tongue

Check out Aroha trip to Canada
http://arohameetstheworld.piczo.com/?cr=6
tamar
aka red colander

::Red Colander::

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006 05:35:41 PM »

hi, the idea of ATC's is that artists meet each other and exchange their work by trading this little pieces of art. Every card you make, with any technique that you want, is unique, but people also make sets around one theme.

check out these great sites to learn more:

http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html
http://www.atcards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32
http://www.atcards.com/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/95067770@N00/

~x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCGal
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006 07:57:57 PM »

You can think of ATCs as kind of like sports trading cards, but with much more unique qualities.  People make all kind of ATCs, using all kinds of materials and techniques (drawing, collage, bead embellishments, stitching, painting, glitter, etc.).  Then, to really "give them wings," you need to trade/swap them with other people.  Before trading/swapping, you sign the back of the card, usually with your hometown/state/country and/or other contact info.  This makes them "your" unique work of art and it's neat to see where your collection has come from.

There are lots of great ATC swaps here on craftster, but it's also fun to trade them in person...in fact, I think that was the original intention of the man who started the phenomenon in the 1990s (from what I have read).

I don't have a lot of major creative talent--like knitting, jewelry making, or sewing clothes--but I can do paper-related crafts.  So, ATCs are a great outlet for me!

Jump in and just start making some and you'll be hooked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Queen Of Fools

Avast, me hearties, yo ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006 01:33:14 PM »

Does anyone else make their own envelopes?  Do you mail them in those, or do you then put them into a larger envelope?  Is there ever a question of "mailability" for a decorated envelope of a tiny size? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006 10:31:35 AM »

You can make a envelope to protect them - some the sites listed above have templates for them or use the plastic sleeves that the sports cards people use - Wal-Mart, toy r us or the comic book stores carry them - for mailing the cards I get those note cards (6 for 50 cents) so I can write a note and they are a bit more protected - you could also hand make that card and envelope if you want - or just put your cards in with a bit of stiff paper to protect them a bit

Now I have gotten cards without any of that - just mailed in a regular office envelope and they have been fine so you can do as much or as little as you want on the envelopes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Head Accesories For the Summer
5 Products to Help You Look Great Post-Flight
Eyeliner to Make Your Eyes Pop
Summer Skin Care Products
Summer Makeup Palette Reviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...