A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid tin theme swap  (Read 7214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2006 03:55:15 PM »

OK, Altoid tin recon lovers, the signups are up here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77695.0

There's only a week to sign up, so don't delay. And start eating up those Altoids!!

Grin

Oops, I notice a rather lengthy typo here... that's supposed to read, "And start pouring those peppermint Altoids into plastic baggies and mailing them to Writer78!"  Gotta watch for those pesky typos, racky!    Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2006 04:06:20 PM »

Oops, my bad. Send any and all unwanted peppermint Altoids to Writer78 immediately!

(...Writer78, you don't think you might have an addiction that needs to be addressed do you?)

We're here to help.
 Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Writer78
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2006 04:20:42 PM »

Oops, my bad. Send any and all unwanted peppermint Altoids to Writer78 immediately!

(...Writer78, you don't think you might have an addiction that needs to be addressed do you?)

We're here to help.
 Cheesy

I can... *crunch*  stop... *crunch, crunch*  anytime I - OH NO!!  I'M OUT OF ALTOIDS!!  MUST RUN TO TARGET IMMEDIATELY AND BUY MORE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2006 04:27:12 PM »

I can... *crunch*  stop... *crunch, crunch*  anytime I - OH NO!!  I'M OUT OF ALTOIDS!!  MUST RUN TO TARGET IMMEDIATELY AND BUY MORE!!!
[/quote]

LMAO!  This sounds just like me.  Once I get started eating them, I can't stop.  I'd love to sign up for this swap, but since I'd have to get it through my parents (I'm only fifteen), I'm gonna not do this one, and probably do the muppets/Jim Henson one happening in March.  I think since they know how much I love the muppets they'll be okay with it.  I also have a lot more ideas for that one, and I feel like I would flunk out in this one, and disappoint my partner! Ah well... maybe in a Round Two...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2006 07:11:26 PM »

Woohoo!  Sign-ups early!  I am so excited  Smiley

You might want to mention on the sign-ups that small tins equivalent to Altoid tins are welcome, as well.  I know that was a big thing on our Altoid swap last time.  We mention it on this thread, but just in case they aren't as curious (get it?  curious!  LOL) as us...and addicted to this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
efitch
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2006 06:23:42 AM »

I remember that when I was in the Lake District, there were a lot of very pepperminty candies available, including something that was basically a peppermint & sugar candy bar-type thing.   But I don't remember seeing Altoids specifically. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clarity
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2006 09:50:15 AM »

I just couldn't stop smiling when I saw Nushy's earlier post about the *BNP (triple yuck) from the UK.

But altoid tins? The first I heard of them was here, on Craftster! You Americans....
nushy xx

PS Eva, have you noticed a trend? I mean, this must be the third thread that we've taken over, talking about US/UK stuff...!
*British National Party.  Old white rascist men. Political party who still manage to get an unnerving amount of votes. Old white rascist men.

Nushy, I totally agree with you and think they should be put on island, then remembered we already are on one- with them Sad Can you believe the result of that court case?........... anyway... back to the tins:

I know you said you haven't heard of the 'Fisherman's Friend' earlier but they are available in any good chemists and seem to be the same size as the Altoid tin. I have a strong feeling from what everyone here says that they export these out as the Altoids brand in the states. Hmmm, maybe Fishermen aren't good marketing. Try a couple of high-street chemists and they ought to have it as OAP's seem to like them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2006 09:52:56 AM »

Nushy, I totally agree with you and think they should be put on island, then remembered we already are on one- with them Sad Can you believe the result of that court case?........... anyway... back to the tins:

Now, THAT made ME larf!

I'm going to town tomorrow (gotta buy fabric for textiles GCSE - !); do you think that Boots or Superdrug will have them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Clarity
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2006 11:11:41 AM »

Smiley

Sure, Superdrug ought to have them or even a dedicated chemists like Pearls. Just mind you don't eat them without breathing in first, they're very.... pungent, kind of like swallowing a pill made of Vicks Inhaler.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2006 11:14:03 AM »

We have Fisherman's Friend here - they're sold in small paper packets.  I read on the Altoids site that they were formed in England by Smith and Company and came to the US in the 1920s or so.  Maybe they just weren't as popular in the UK and died out there, living on in America?   Huh

Wouldn't be the first great import we "stole" - like HUGH LAURIE!!!!   Tongue
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 11:18:33 AM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Automate the Workflow in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Special Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Edit an Image in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Paint With Digital Paint in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Non-Destructive Editing in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...