A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting for a World of Warcraft Fanatic?  (Read 5134 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KnitterMa
Hey, Nice Veins.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2006 08:08:21 AM »

I'd REEEAAALLLY like to knit something for my DH ... something which would reach new heights of geekiness.  He loooooooooooooooooooves World of Warcraft, he has a lvl 60 hunter, he plays all the time, wants to marry the game, etc ... any ideas?  leroy jenkins tea cozy? (he makes use of our cearmic teapot whilst gaming a lot)  level 60 wristwarmers?  (i don't think he'd wear them) 

i dunno...help me brainstorm.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006 08:16:46 AM by KnitterMa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006 08:20:22 AM »

I don't know that much about the game, but I have seen that Leroy Jenkins clip about a million times, and it funny every time.  I think the tea cozy idea is a great one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnitterMa
Hey, Nice Veins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006 09:55:13 AM »

OK ... well I was thinking the WoW logo would be cool but it's too detailed to make a chart from so i generated one of the Blizzard logo...but I'd like to do something more than just a scarf with  it (though I have to admit DH would prolly like a scarf hmmm but that's boring!)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Omnichromatic
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006 10:45:01 AM »

I realize this is well after the holiday, but here's an idea that can go to whatever game he's playing next year. Knit him a bat and put somewhere on it "nerf" so it's a nerf bat. Smiley You may not get it, but it would probably at least get a chuckle out of him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006 10:53:42 AM »

My husband is a Wow fanatic too.  He kept mentioning wanting a talbard (shrt) with his guild insignia on it.
So if you could find out if he is in a guild, see if the insignia is easy enough to chart, you might make a sweater, or something else with the insignia on it.  But I don't knit so I don't know for sure.
Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
jdo
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006 11:03:15 AM »

Here is a possible inspiration as oppposed to an actual craft to make...
In the game, hunters can "make friends" with animals when this happens hearts appear above their heads as in this screenshot.

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/541/541862/world-of-warcraft-20040824034703687-000.jpg

Oh, you know i just thought of badges... (like you mentioned for wristwarmers as he levels)  you could also do this with new weapons or skills he aquires, as well as companions (animals, people he mets in the game, or favorite friends to LAN with)

keep us posted!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluelise
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006 11:45:26 AM »

What about knitting him a sweater or scarf with the ? or ! that appear over the heads of questgivers in the game?  You could also knit him items with popular quotes from the game such as: "Blades of Light!" "Leeroy Jenkins!" "Keep your feet on the ground." or "Time is money, friends."

I would love to see pictures of what you end up making!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
marimbachick
High Priestess of the Temple of Sexiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006 12:01:46 PM »

Sometime when he's not home, log on to his account, but just to the character screen.  Look at his main character and check out the different gear he/she is wearing.  You can even click and drag to turn the character around for a 360 degree view.  Maybe there's a piece of gear (gauntlets, or a shirt, or something) you can then knit, so he has a real life replica!

My DB is a WOW fanatic as well,  but on the upside, he understands my obsession with knitting!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We need the Falkland Islands...for strategic sheep purposes."
Zephyr
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006 07:56:30 PM »

A tshirt is a good idea. my boyfriend just got the internet and had WOW for 10 days and is fixing to start gaming. I got him the strategy guide for his birthday and hes read it like.. 5 times and has never played the game.

hes going to be a hardcore addict, lol.

anyway, hes not into scarves but a tshirt would be nice, except i dont know much about the game. personally, i like the armwarmers idea, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evahesse
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006 07:52:36 PM »

as soon as i saw this i started laughing. my boyfriend is also a wow fanatic.  he's a level 58, which means that i won't really get to spend any time with him until he's a 60, and even then he'll probably start a new character...neither here nor there. i don't know if its cold where you are but maybe a scarf with some kind of world of warcraft theme. or for a really easy gift... how about some coasters or magnets that have wow logo or blizzard, etc (dang if forgot you wanted to knit something). a hat might work. this is tough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An online exhibition space for artists, makers, and designers: www.papernstitch.com

Blog:
http://paperandstitch.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Club Flyer - Xenofex Lightning Effect Filter Part 8/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Layer Styles Custom Brushes Part 10/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Finishing Up Part 14/14
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating a Logo Part 6/14
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...