A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: irritating comments  (Read 34981 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chaoticallycrafty
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2008 08:24:00 PM »

I work a graveyard shift in a call center and the other night a few of us were knitting and crocheting. This girl has the nerve to go "Oh wow that would bore me to death I guess I could do it if I wanted to sleep." Mind you this girl was whining that she was "so bored" and "so tired" because there weren't really any calls. I however was NOT bored at all and the night flew by for me.
When it was time to go home I gathered up my supplies and trotted out smiling while she was dragging her feet.
She hasn't said such things since and honestly she'll probably end up crocheting at some point ahahahahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo, Rayne
Rheatheylia

...I think I could make one of those...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2008 08:39:02 PM »

I work a graveyard shift in a call center and the other night a few of us were knitting and crocheting. This girl has the nerve to go "Oh wow that would bore me to death I guess I could do it if I wanted to sleep." Mind you this girl was whining that she was "so bored" and "so tired" because there weren't really any calls. I however was NOT bored at all and the night flew by for me.
When it was time to go home I gathered up my supplies and trotted out smiling while she was dragging her feet.
She hasn't said such things since and honestly she'll probably end up crocheting at some point ahahahahaha.
What horrible snotty comments! You should have turned to her and said "Well, I prefer to do something constructive with my time, it beats sitting around and complaining." She probably just said it was boring because she was jealous that all you guys could do it though.  Wink
Luckily I haven't had many snotting comments even though I crochet sitting outside between my classes a lot, most people just ask me what I'm knitting. I do get the "gee I wish I had that much free time" or "you must have a lot of free time" comments a lot though, to which I reply "no, I don't have much free time at all, that's why I'm using this time to crochet instead of just standing around" That usually shuts them up, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns
Crochet Patterns, hats and amigurumi
Liberry Booked
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2008 10:29:42 PM »

I've just started crocheting recently (mostly because of craftster, and have gotten nothing but positive comments so far. My friends wanted crocheted stuff for Christmas, and as of now I've finished one of the presents (lol I'm slow), but she wears the hat everywhere (its arrgmatey's slouchy hat) and tells everyone that I made it. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/magicalmiracles
(Check me out Cheesy)

http://magicalmiracles.co.cc
( I have my own website to blog on about craftiness! :DD)
dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2008 10:55:45 PM »

I wish I could crochet at work. I work overnight in a call center also, but the walls would fall if they saw anyone doing something other than work-related. Mind you, everyone reads when it's quiet, but it's all inconspicuous.

I ignore the "what could you possibly make out of crochet" comments. I know the yarn I use to create things with is awesome, as are the things I create, so f-em  Kiss  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
rsski
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2008 06:49:04 AM »

All the people who mean the most to me think it's really cool that I crochet. My boyfriend shows off all my projects and so does his family. My family loves to get homemade gifts and they wear/display them with pride. I learned to crochet thanks to a tag team effort of both of my grandmothers. The grandmother I was closest to passed last December from Alzheimer's (one of the evilest diseases). Everytime I pick up my hook, I think of her. I say pish posh to anyone who thinks I am too young to be crocheting or to anyone who thinks its weird. I think it is a gift and I love to share it with other people. In fact, my other grandmother comes to me now to help her with more advanced projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2008 07:32:39 AM »

The "Wow, you must be really bored/have too uch free time" comments really drive me up the wall. I usually reply with, "Actually, I'm never bored. Instead of just sitting on my ass watching TV like you've been doing for the past hour, I do something constructive" or "Did you watch American Idol last night? Ohhh, you did? Well, I didn't. I was too busy making this dress." It usually shuts them up, especially since I sound so snotty saying it. But hey, we have a right to be slightly snotty to these ignoramuses, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2008 08:07:04 AM »

Thankfully I don't come across too many, I can't imagine how tight my tension would be all the time, lol.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008 08:07:21 AM by dotsamantha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
LovieDovieAnn
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2008 08:28:08 AM »

I get called an "old lady" all the time, but only in joking. My friends love the stuff I make and I've even tried teaching a few of them how to knit. Not that it worked. Some people just can't quite get it. Nothing wrong with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fionrai
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2008 03:12:49 PM »

When I'm crocheting in public, people just stare at me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's put a smile on that face."
FantasyFlyte
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2008 08:27:06 PM »

I crochet all the time at school (college) and the only comments I get are "what are you knitting?"  and "oh that looks great!" (when it's 2 rows in lol).  I used to get annoyed when people asking what I was knitting, but now I just answer, I don't bother correcting them lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Doetsch Talks About The 13th Hour
House Rules Book Trailer
Meet Author Mike Dooley
Meet Author Lisa Lutz
Ann Pearlman Reveals Her Favorite Books
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...