A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 50 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SUPPLY SWAP goodies!  (Read 4213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 07, 2004 05:13:40 PM »

Holy handmade papers, Batman!!  Garbage Collector rocks my world!  I got a whole package of goodies, from lovely beads, to a booklet of handmade Japanese paper samples, some other great papers, a vintage childrens' book, and enough buttons to make THREE button bikinis!!  I'll try to take a quick pic of my loot this evening!  Now I can't wait until my swapee gets her goodies!  These swaps rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Garbage Collector

Are we there yet?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004 07:04:05 PM »

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!!

I feel like I just drank a quadruple Latte with extra sugar packs in it.  But actually, I just got home from a long Easter weekend away and a fabulous box of goodies from Rox was here waiting for me.  You so totally rock Rox!  I'm shocked at how much cool stuff you sent -- and I can use ALL of it too!! Smiley

Here's some pics of my loot:

Cool vintage magazine pages with great retro images!! (this is just a few pages):

a bunch of great fabric:

lots of fun zippers, trims and beads:

and if that wasn't plenty ... she even sent some things I asked for that I didn't really expect anyone to send!! Smiley

some awesome slides of family vacations!!

!!AND!! she even cut out a pile a labels from women's clothing for me. This is sooo cool Rox! I've been having a hard time getting these!!

I also got a plastic heart shaped candy box which I know exactly what I'm going to do with.  

Thank you so much Rox!  You rock!! I'll be posting pics of stuff I make (for months probably!!) Smiley

This was such a wonderful swap idea!  Thanks yami mcmoots for organizing it!!  I wasn't using any of the stuff I sent off, and can totally use EVERYTHING I got!  What a deal!! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004 10:50:21 PM »

I got a box full of wonderful crafty surprise yesterday, from deliriousdream...   Grin

I can not imagine getting a better swap box, everything is fantastic and will definitely be used! Thank you so much Elizabeth! Grin The box made my day!!

http://www.undertheskysoblue.com/xx/supply/yarn.jpg
The pictures do not do the yarn color justice... The one on the right is sort of a deep military green with bits of brown... making for a very earthy color... The left is sort of a dusky blue... Both are very fuzzy feeling!

http://www.undertheskysoblue.com/xx/supply/stripe_fabric.jpg
I got more than enough of this pretty fabric to use for several projects... I predict tops, skirts, and handbags in my future!

http://www.undertheskysoblue.com/xx/supply/fabric_scraps.jpg
I got pleanty of bits of pieces of various fabrics... Including a good sized piece of this grey t-shirt material...

http://www.undertheskysoblue.com/xx/supply/other.jpg
Also included were a good length of lilac webbing, pink beads/sequins, batting pieces, colored craft sticks, a piece of pink ribbon, and a neat buckle thingie...

I will be sure to post pix of stuff I do with thease items... Thanks again deliriousdream, your box rocked!

------

Garbage Collector: I'm glad you like what I sent... I had a good feeling when sending the items off they would all be used with love... yay for craftin! Grin
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 09:57:40 AM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
yami mcmoots
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004 09:27:23 AM »

Eeeep! You guys, I'm sorry I've been such a flake this week!! No sooner do I get my box mailed than real life and work invade and I disappear from the board... Sad

Anyway, THANK YOU KERI!! No pictures today, alas, but I have some really fun squares in my quilt stash now, and I just might get around to decorating my bathroom with shiny beads and foam seahorses, hoorah!  Cheesy

I don't have the list of matches here at work, but I'll start troubleshooting things tonight... I know a few people have mentioned that they sent their packages late, and there's one that will probably take a while because it's coming in from Singapore. But I do have a spare box handy if anyone really gets burned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004 06:46:12 PM »

whoa ho mama! thanks whatif! I got a box just crammed packed with stuff, too many to even take photos of! thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Garbage Collector

Are we there yet?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004 08:10:46 PM »

Here's my first thingies I made with some of the trims and a zipper I got from Rox.  I also used a few ribbon scraps I got from my mom to make this little bag.

made a pillow for my bed

trimmed another pillow with beads Rox sent

Hmmm ... what shall I make next? Smiley  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004 11:53:14 AM by Garbage Collector » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keri
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004 04:12:59 PM »

I rec'd mine today. Thanks!! I love everything. The beads and fabric will come in handy. I am going to make a purse out of the burnt orange fabric using the rods you sent. Everything was very cool.  Keri
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004 04:24:34 PM »

i got mine today. i got a cute piece of space rocket fabric. 5 3inch square mirrors ( i have been looking for some of these), a huge ball of black yarn i dont know what kind it is, 10 red heart glass marbles, 3 small plastic boxes (the lable says "gum box") i also love these, a piece of green felt, some pink beads ( i love pink), 2 fake flowers, some hot glue sticks (i love to hot glue things), and some blue thread, some silver ric rac, and 2 barrets. i cant post pics right now but will when i can.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004 04:27:26 PM by princess_me » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AladdinStardust

Juggalo rida bitch!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004 05:31:05 PM »

Yay!!!   I got my box and i love it, i cant post pictures, but i got some really great fabric, microbeads, spiffy boxes and tins, buttons, vinyl,glitter, a pin, wire, wood glue stuff, pins, beads, jewelry findings, ribbon, and a started bag.
I love it all so much, especially the white with black polkadots bag, which i sewed a strap and a patch on and i love it, the fabrics with the hands and the one with drink names, and the vintage powder box. YAY!!!!!!!! its all so great
Thank you so much veruca_petunia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stickeravenger

you are the trilobyte in my circus of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004 08:41:43 AM »

thanks to jazminecat-- i received the package note in my box on 4/13 but wasn't able to pick it up until 4/16. no camera here, alas, but i received some lovely fabrics (including a large section of an old dress:) ),some feathers, beads, fringe, cord, and handmade envelopes.

thanks very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yami mcmoots
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2004 01:33:11 PM »

So far we have nine boxes received, and a few more known to be delayed - I've contacted those recipients. It looks like some people's boxes are taking longer than expected to make it through the mail (no wonder "priority" was only an extra few cents, it doesn't seem to make it go any faster! Wink ).

If you haven't received a box by WEDNESDAY 4/21 please contact me. I think even non-priority packages should have made it through by then.

If you haven't sent your box yet, or you sent it late, please contact me ASAP. If you find you can't put a box together after all, that's okay, I've got plenty of stuff floating around, I'll cover you no questions asked!

The package from Singapore arrived safe and sound, but there's no word on the package <em>to</em> Singapore, and it doesn't look like things going to/from Canada or Hawaii have arrived either. Anyone shipping outside the continental US, could you do me a favor and let me know when your package is/was supposed to arrive?

Meanwhile, I finally have an afternoon to finish rooting through my box and start crafting, phew! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Philip Smith
Meet Author Jimmy Carter
Meet Food Writer Michael Ruhlman
Roz Savage Reveals Her Favorite Song
Gustavo Arellano Talks About Orange County
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...