A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal Circle Journey Swap (SIGN UP CLOSED Send out 6/28)  (Read 7886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lissa
« on: June 08, 2004 04:17:51 PM »

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Lissa
Sign-up date range: Today through Monday 6/21/04...two weeks.
Date to send item by: First Journal sent 6/28/04

Limited to a certain number of people?: limited to 6 (including me) due to time for the journals to make it home

Non-U.S. participants allowed? if we are able to find people to ship out of the US.

All ages allowed? I think this should be 18 and up due to some content that may end up inthe journals.  If you don't think this is okay please feel free to discuss.

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: Yup

Details of swap:

Each member in the swap will either make or buy a bound journal that will fit into a 5x7 envelope and have enough pages for each of the 6 swappers to fill at least 3-5 pages.  Please no staples as the journal must be able to handle the sometimes aggressive hands of the post office.  Each journal will be mailed in a circle with you mailing each journal to the same person.  When you receive a journal you will write a few entires in 3-5 of the pages.  This can mean writing about your day, a current issue you are dealing with, poetry, drawing a picture, describing a strange dream and so on.  Be creative and try to refrain from too much introductory information.  For example if you are explaining a dream and it has to do with appraoching a birthday, explain when your b-day is but don't add anything that isn't vital to know kind of thing.  Be sure to leave the journal with about 3-5 blank pages, no more, no less, for the person it belongs to write a few entries when it returns home to them.  This is sorta like the 1000 journals thing, but much smaller and more orginized.  You will be shipping to your partner 6 times every two weeks so it is a long term commitment but the postage won't be too expensive as the books are light in weight.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.  I am really excited about this swap so sign up quick!  Only 5 spots are available!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004 07:34:17 AM by hijole » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lissa
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004 04:00:07 PM »

So far we have:

Hijole
Kendaljay
Lissa
bkrenning

Is there anyone that I have missed?

Only 2 spots left!  Sign up quick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lissa
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004 01:38:29 AM »

Pearliepie
Lissa
Hijole
KendalJay
bkrenning
Rosered

Everyone start getting your journals ready.  I am not sure yet if mine will be store bought and decorated or if it will be handmade.  Both ways is fine as long as it can stand the wear and tear of the post office and each person writting a few entries.  Be sure that the book has about 30 pages in it.  More is fine too.  When you receive a book, make sure that you take up enough pages but not too many.  I will be making partners soon and will PM them and post them,

I Would do it now, but my NyQuil is kicking in and i have a really icky sinus thing going on.

Thanks to all that signed up!  I am really excited about this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004 02:22:32 PM »

I've got a question.

After we make or buy our journal, do we fill out 5 pages and then send it on it's way? Or do we just send it out and wait till we get our own back to fill out our five pages. I think it would be good to do it before hand so we can kind of show who we are to everyone who gets it after us.

I'm just not really clear on that. Maybe it's just a silly question, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lissa
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004 05:43:50 PM »

You can fill out the first 3-5 pages if you would like to, but be sure to write in it like you would a regular journal.  So you won't need to introduce yourself or anything like that.  Cheesy  Good question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004 08:23:34 AM »

Okay I had a question too. Actually thought about this last week, but forgot!  Roll Eyes  I'm having trouble with the size of the envelope. Did you just mean to use a 5x7 book (which is what I got), because I can not find a 5x7 envelope. The closest I can find is 6x9. Am I just being stupid or is there actually such a thing and I can't find it? Please Help!!!
Thanks!! -Kendal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Lissa
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004 11:40:10 AM »

a 6X9 envelope is perfect to hold the book.  My book is much smaller.  I think it is a 3X5 journal with 80 pages in it.  I might get a bigger one, but I dunno yet.  Depends how creative I want to get with the front of it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lissa
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004 10:15:46 PM »

I am going to PM each of you with your partner but here is the list.

Lissa > PearliePie
PearliePie> bkrenning4
bkrenning4>hijole
hijole>kendaljay
kendaljay >rosered
rosered > Lissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lissa
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004 12:09:02 AM »

THE DATES FOR SEND OUTS WILL BE:

6/28, 7/12, 7/26, 8/2, 8/16, AND 8/30

8/30  is when you should have your book home.  If you are running late, please post and let your partner know.  Whenever you recv a book please post which journal you have recvd.  Same for when you send it out.  This way we can keep track of everything and the chances for someone's book to get lost is much less.  Well, at least on our part Cheesy.  Let's keep very good communication with the group as well as your partner. 

Also, on the inside cover of your book or journal (or outside, just somewhere visible) please write about how many pages should be taken up by each person.  I understand that a lot of the smaller books (like mine) have a lot more than 30 pages when they are smaller.  It would be no fun to have books come back with too many blank pages for you to fill. Cheesy  On the same note, please don't buy or make a book with 1,000 pages in them.  Most books here in the USA have about 80 pages in the 3X5 and 4X6 books.  This gives each person about 8-12 smaller pages if you write the first and last entry in your book.  Sorry for the last minute confusion. 

Please try to write more than just introductions.  You can include cultural happenings or recipies, dreams, thoughts, drawings and much more.  Alos, you don't have to write in black pen onthe lines.  Use color and write in patterns or unique designs.  Add stickers, pictures, magazine articles from your town and stuff.  Let your creatrivness show that we all know you have.  Cheesy

www.circlejourney.c om has some good ideas on the idea page and the examples of other peoples work. 

Thanks so much for your partcipation.  I hope this swap will go very well and I am SO excited to get started.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hijole
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004 04:59:59 AM »

Lissa -

I'm really excited abou this journal swap, but... why the changes at the last minute?

I spent several nights making journals for this swap (failed prototypes and then the real deal last night).  My time is limited because I have two small children and am getting ready to go out of town.  Then, overnight, the specs on the book are changed from 3-5 pages per person to 8-12.

I don't have time at this point to either make a new book or go shopping for one that meets the new specs.  I made my journal in good faith according to the specs you laid out. 

What would you like me to do?  I can drop out if the book I made according to the original posted specifications isn't going to work here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Squab Lettuce Wrap
Beijing Chicken Recipe
How to Make Indian Chai
The Traditional Chinese Tofu Making Process
How Tofu is Made
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...