A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coming Soon! Jacksonville Craft Mafia (Florida)  (Read 5128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AMOJCM
« on: January 04, 2006 01:02:03 PM »

Hi:

Any crafty ladies in Jax that would like to enlist in the Jacksonville Craft Mafia?  I contacted the Craft Mafia and they are holding a place for us!  I have the domain name Jacksonvillecraftma fia.com. And have a goal this year to get serious about my own business and get the JCM set up.  I have so many ideas swimming in my head that I have had to slow down and make a business plan.

I have just made and sold as I go for so long and want to focus on doing what I love.  I make home made soaps, shampoo, etc.  plus jewelry - really all but crochet and knit (I am extremely jealous of those that can  Wink ).  I am getting my gear together to learn lampworking as well, along with PMC.

If you are in Jacksonville, FL and interested please let me know.

\m/
AMO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006 02:46:03 PM »

Do you have to be in Jacksonville?  I live in Daytona Beach area and interested in the Craft Mafia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AMOJCM
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006 03:30:04 PM »

Daytona! Now that would be a great place for a Craft Mafia.  They like each city to be designated - not really a region like 'North Florida'.  Start one for Daytona!  Go to www.craftmafia.com and look at the start your own page and the other city's sites.  It is really easy and they are great to deal with.  I would bet that you can recruit several members down there. 

Keep in touch and let me know what you are up to.  If you start it maybe the Jax and Daytona could meet-up every once in a while!

By the way, what do you make and sell?  I have a start-up called '2 Kittens' and am currently doing homemade soaps and jewelry.

Anna-Marie
www.jacksonvillecra ftmafia.com
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006 03:33:23 PM by AMOJCM » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006 04:09:18 PM »

Thanks.  There seems to be alot to it namely the Website.  I don't have the extra funds to start up a website, hosting fees, etc.  let alone know how to even do one.    I make lots of things but recently have been concentrating on fusible glass, mainly dichroics and art glass pendants.  See my picture of a pendant I made.  I also bead and wire wrap.  I have an Etsy Shop. 

I would love to do something like this...and we could meet up....do you have another member besides yourself right now...I see it is required to start with 2 members...Do you have any suggestions on how to get a FREE Website for a craft mafia in Daytona?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006 04:19:30 PM by ooak_diva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AMOJCM
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006 04:25:19 PM »

I sent you a PM letting you know what I am doing. 

Love your glass! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AMOJCM
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006 04:27:04 PM »

I just looked at your Etsy page! Nice stuff!

I e-mailed the Craft Mafia to see if it is ok to include neighboring city members.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006 04:39:19 PM by AMOJCM » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006 04:38:41 PM »

Thanks!!  I just PM'd ya....I plan on working this weekend to restock the Etsy shop.  I want more glass on there.  So much crafting to do...so little time!!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coyotelady
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006 06:16:55 PM »

I'm interested.  I've keep thinking here and there that I should try selling some of my stuff.  Perhaps this is just the thing to help get me motivated.  I may know a couple friends who would be interested as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evahesse
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006 07:45:10 PM »

i am very interested in a jacksonville craft mafia. i am still relatively new to craftster but i am an artist and also do crafts. let me know what you are planning. you can pm me too if you would rather. and i do live in jacksonville.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An online exhibition space for artists, makers, and designers: www.papernstitch.co m

Blog:
http://paperandstitch.wordpress.com
AMOJCM
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006 06:53:35 AM »

I am so excited!  My e-mail is AMO@jacksonvillecraftmafia.com.  The web-site is www.jacksonvillecra ftmafia.com  It is just a from page for now I am working on it.  If you haven't looked at the Craft Mafia site, there is a link on my page and a web ring so you can see what the others are doing.  I believe that Austin started it all.  I will post more and e-mail all that are interested as I go.  Send me and e-mail and tell me about yourself and what you sell or plan to sell.  I will get a list going.  Maybe we can all meet sometime next month and ooak diva from Daytona can come too. 

Have a great day! 

Anna-Marie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Victoria Wilson: What Are You Reading?
Bryce Andrews: What Are You Reading?
Artie Lange’s Tips for Luxury Travel
Duck Commander Matriarch Miss Kay Has a Cookbook!
An Extended Look at a Great Game
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...