A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Month Swap- January Gallery  (Read 19693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006 07:12:35 PM »

Grin Grin Woo Hoo! It looks great! I am so glad you like-y! Thanks for the action pic! That makes my day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006 10:48:13 PM »

wow!  That snood looks great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006 02:41:04 PM »

Grin HEY, IT's my brithday, happy birthday, it's my birthday!!!  Grin I received a WONDERFUL package of yarn and patterns! patterns! patterns! I am overjoyed! Thank you Mommabear1963! I am starting with the disclothes! I have done simple ones in knit, but not anything like the great patterns you sent! Thanks, thanks, many thanks! Woo Hoo! I love getting the mail!!! I'll post an action shot tonite (hopefully!)...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006 08:26:36 PM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006 09:22:04 PM »

javastain!  i just want to let you know that i have had the best hair since i recieved my wonderous snood!  in the morning after i shower i put it on to dry my hair and it totally dries less "fro-ey" and frizzy!  thank you sooooooooo much!  its the amzing anti-frizz snood! my grandma came over the other day and she loved my snood too!  she was very reminiscent when she saw it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006 08:22:58 AM »

That rocks! I used to make hemp hats (among other things) and sell them, and my snoods were always just tubular hats you know? SO I really wanted to perfect a better shaped snood, one that didn't bunch behind the ears if that makes any sense! So I am glad you love it! I am also working on perfecting my take on a hair "net" or bandana... it is pretty sweet but the same problem arises with the bunching behind the ears... I think this snood has given me a new direction tho! I keep saying I will post a toot, and I will, for anyone who's intersted, I'll put it in the crochet finished project section and link it here...

Also, I have complained about my birthday for years, it being so close to CHristmas, always getting jipped, because everyone is either sick of the Holidays and no one wants to host or go to another party, or getting the multiple funciton gift 'Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday' here's one gift, etc. ( you all know the story I am sure) And of course my brother's B-day being in August was always a big ta-doo, party outside, all the family around, I could go on. And this year, out of the 3 people who are in my blood immediate family (so not hubby and in-laws, or cousins and Aunt) Dad, sister, and brother, NO ONE EVEN CALLED ME ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! I still have not received a happy birthday from any of them! It's been a week! JERKS! but I have my new family right here!!! you all can be my blood-runs-yarn-colored family! I love my craftster sisters and brothers! You all have made this a better birthday than I have had in a while! Don't get me wrong, hubby did a good job and I got 150 bucks and a new sewing machine form him and his side of the family... but even my best friend called me a day late, and my other friend who I work with and who always brings stuff on people's b-days forgot mine (and she was well reminded, I prance around like the whole month of January is my b-day!)! Argh... Ok, I am done ranting now! You guys have made up for that! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006 10:58:00 AM »

java i too feel your pain.  not a single person called me on my b-day either.  for some reason it didnt bother me as much as it would have in the past.  i have my husband and he does a great job of remembering and such.  i did tell him tho, that i am going to have birthday party in july!  hopefully people will show up then! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006 11:53:43 AM »

Oh, yes, the January birthday pain.  My birthday is on the 5th.  So yea, growing up it was kind of hard, felt kind of jipped.  But now, at this age, I keep hoping everyone will forget its my birthday.  Well I am blessed because my kids try to make it special. 

Anyway, get this, my youngest daughter's birthday is Dec. 23rd, that is also the day that I adopted her and her sister.  So Dec. 23rd we have to do a birthday, and adoption day, the day before Christmas Eve.  Yea, it is hectic.  But I need to fit it all in so we have developed a routine for that day and we know what will happen.  (And her bio sisters birthday is Feb. 15th, is that a trip)  In just my immediate family we have a birthday everymonth from November to March.  (Oh wait is this off topic)?  Sorry feeling kind of sassy today, I guess I am getting over my sickness.

By the way javastain, I am making my daughter and I costume dresses for our upcoming banquet (kind of renesaince (spellcheck please), and she has dreads so I wanted something old fashioned to put them back with and I love your snood.  I have a pattern I got off the internet but like you said it looks kind of bunchy around the ears.  So I would love to have access to your snood pattern. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006 01:03:18 PM »

check out this site for ren stuff!  its pretty good...i am making bloomers right now from this site!
http://home.aol.com/lclacemker/frameset3.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006 06:54:44 PM »

Posted a pattern for the birthday snood!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72782.msg683738#msg683738
check it out if you like~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
frogsrock
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006 04:52:51 PM »

Also, I have complained about my birthday for years, it being so close to CHristmas, always getting jipped, because everyone is either sick of the Holidays and no one wants to host or go to another party, or getting the multiple funciton gift 'Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday' here's one gift, etc. ( you all know the story I am sure)
i have that AND my birthday is january 29th and just about every year the super bowle messes up my plans!!!!! when i was little i'd try to have party but no one could come because of it or getting ready for it Cry
my oldest cousins birthdays the 22nd (tommarow!!) so we usually have a family party together
this year im having some friends and family over because its my 16th birthday (other years i dont bother)
but im also going to be shareing it with my cousin and friend (hers is the 31st)
friend is shareing it with me because her mom wont let her have a party Sad even though its also her 16th
and cousin is because its easier to get our family together once than twice within a week
i think im gonna try to make the snood for her! Smiley

(btw i love your babys hair in your avitar!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build Custom Color Looks - Apple Color
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 1/4
How to Make a Particle Explosion Part 1/2 - Houdini Particles
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 2/4
How to Make a Particle Explosion Part 2/2 - Houdini Particles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...