A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: magazine bowls (first project post!) TUTE ADDED!!! (have pic hosting issues..)  (Read 201615 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bowl , featured_project , magazine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jodilee
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2006 05:30:50 AM »

Heh I found this post again, at last.........I was here last week and have since had a go at making amagazine bowl and wanted to post my version. it went a little bit wonky when I tried to take it from flat to bowl shape but I ACTUALLY LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUT. i'M GONNA MAKE ANOTHER AND PLACE THEM END TO END TO FORM A GIANT POINTY POD SCULPTURE.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverfisch
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2006 07:59:14 AM »

I saw this post long ago and waited for the world cup so I had time off and finished mine! I used an Ikea catalogue and love how it turned out. Now I'm up to filling it with puffy origami stars Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gorillagirl
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2006 03:12:41 PM »

I love this craft! And I think my favorite kitschy gift shop must be huge fans of craftster.  Yesterday, while browsing there, I found these bowls for sale for $30!!!!  Unbelievable! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
libby2595
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2006 06:58:33 PM »

silverfisch: beautiful "bowl"

your bowl seems to be a little smoother than most of the others. i really like the look of it. i hope you don't mind if i ask about your technique. how much of each page did you use? how many times did you fold the page?

every time i attempt this project, my initial circle of strips seems awfully lumpy.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleegearsolid
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2006 09:05:21 PM »

I tried this too. Here's how mine turned out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2006 07:56:28 AM »

omigoodness I adore craftster!  I was just getting ready to toss some magazine that I had gotten all the pics I wanted out of...but now I know what to do with the rest of the pages!  Gotta love it!

Those are so fantastic...& thank you thank you thank you for the tut!  I may never get this place cleaned out.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
stockholm syndrome
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2006 09:01:28 AM »

Those are so fantastic...& thank you thank you thank you for the tut!  I may never get this place cleaned out.  Cool

LOL guess I'm not the only one then.  Grin Every time I try to start cleaning out for my upcoming move I think of some Crafster project I need to save the materials for.  oops.

Oh and thanks for the tut, think I might try this today. I have SO many magazines piled around.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovecrafts11

my baby cousin hes so cute!!!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2006 06:49:34 PM »

i want to make some sososososso bad but i dont get the tutorial can someone help me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like polymer clay
Sarie23
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2006 12:10:58 PM »

Those are awesome!! I might be making one soon.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Sarah

http://sarie23.deviantart.com/
[[I post a bunch more on there]]
brit0602
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2006 06:12:30 PM »

These were for sale at a recent trip to Richmond, VA for a triathlon and I thought to myself I love these and I can make these and now you have reminded me about them and given me a tute for easy assembly!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNITTER'S GEEK CODE Grin
K C R +++ Exp+ Spm++ Bam+++ Addi> Cot+ Baa++ Lux+ Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin>+ Ent(soon) FI Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt++ Circ ML>+++ Swatch KIP++ EZ FO++ WIP+(+) GuageAll ALTX+Sp>+++
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Candice Swanepoel To Wear Fantasy Bra
5 Ways To Wear PVC Vinyl Skirt
Your Thong Could Be Sabotaging Your Health
5 Fabulous Looks That Support Breast Cancer Charities
Get The Rachel Bilson Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...