A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: magazine bowls (first project post!) TUTE ADDED!!! (have pic hosting issues..)  (Read 203005 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bowl , featured_project , magazine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mareal719
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2006 01:56:07 PM »

I have been wondering how to make these forever!  Thanks for sharing!  I need to save up some more magazines!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2006 08:26:49 AM »

I'm having my wisdom teeth out tomorrow,  Cry and I've been looking for a new project to try while I'm recuperating.

Once I'm over being drugged up on pain meds, I'll be eagerly giving this a shot!!  Smiley  I'll be glad for something to pass the time.

Thanks cbass for the tutorial, and to all others who offered suggestions along the way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
kraphtee87
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2006 01:06:37 PM »

I tried my hand at these.  I had a bunch of strips made up from magazine purses I was planning on making but never got around to  Roll Eyes  I love making things from magazines!  Cheesy

(that one is an attempted copy of CraftyCarrie's bowl that's posted somewhere in the middle of this topic.. not as good as hers, but I still love it  Grin)

I used a couple coats of glossy mod podge on them.  It was my first time using mp and to me it kinda smells like cabbage... does anyone else feel that way, or am I just weird?   Tongue Wink  Anyways, thanks for this great idea!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2006 01:39:40 PM »

It was my first time using mp and to me it kinda smells like cabbage... does anyone else feel that way, or am I just weird?   Tongue Wink  Anyways, thanks for this great idea!!  Cheesy

I personally love the smell of Mod Podge.  Maybe you got a bad batch or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
kraphtee87
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2006 01:43:44 PM »

Well it's not that I didn't like it or anything... I just thought it kinda smelled like cabbage... haha idk... maybe I did get a "bad batch"... it still works, though, so I guess I'll live. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2006 08:02:21 PM »

i think i'm going to make some of these with really thin slats and just leave them flat and mod-podge them...awesome coasters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
d.
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2006 11:24:01 AM »

kick-ass idea!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2006 05:06:46 PM »

i think i'm going to make some of these with really thin slats and just leave them flat and mod-podge them...awesome coasters!

Great minds think alike Wink I'm working on some coasters right now!  I think I'm going to back them w/cork or felt or something though......maybe. Undecided  I also made a bowl; after I get at least one coaster done I'll post a pic of it and said bowl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
cebasham
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2006 06:45:58 AM »

woo!  Perfect meditative fidgety thing to do.  Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. 

I'm also thinking, I want to make one out of a magazine I write for, as a present for my editor, who is awesome.   Wouldn't that be cool, to have the masthead as the outermost ring? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2006 06:42:37 AM »

Whoa! I love these things! They have them for like $30 for a little bowl at this art museum gift shop. I've always wanted to make one! Thanks! I'll post pics when I'm through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Takeout: Dressing Up for Rainy Weather
Trend Takeout: Geometric Patterns
Street Style: FiDi Street Style From Kids to Christian Louboutin
Street Style: Did We Catch You Holiday Shopping?
Street Seen: Anna Dello Russo H&M Takeover
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...