A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SF Bay Area, Anybody?!  (Read 14724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madness

why sit still when you've got a swivel chair?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006 11:24:37 PM »

TWO yarn stores?? that's amazing. i had no idea. i will certainly check out tuscany yarn. i haven't been here that long, but i don't know how i missed that. thanks for the tip, kaesea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pastel-heart
Meep?

Running with a rotary cutter!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2006 07:29:17 PM »

Oh, this is so excellent!   Grin  So many of you are in the Bay Area!  I never knew about all these cool crafty shops (must go check them out)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DogGrrl
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006 08:16:29 PM »

I'm in SF (the Sunset) and now sooo jealous of the Alameda scene!!!  I had no idea - I've only been there for the antique and collectible fair the first Sunday of the month.  Hmmmm......may have to cross the bridge more often!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myrLegacy
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2006 11:21:19 PM »

i live in south san francisco.  i used to live in davis and i knew many crafters, but now i have to figure out where to find them.  are there any volunteering oppurtunities that anyone knows about that relates to crafting near me?  i once met with some knitters in san bruno who had a weekly group on tuesday nights.  i know that barnes and noble in colma has a knitting group on thursday nights that i'm thinking about checking out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taylormade
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006 12:33:14 PM »

Rock Paper Scissors Collective is here! We're a 9 member collective with a store front/gallery/class space/arts community space. We strive to support and encourage the beginning artist by offering free to low-cost classes, retail space for designers, art-making equipment, open-submission shows, and a do-it-yourself ethic.

in March, we'll be opening our drop-in arts lab for day long crafting, 11-7, Wed-Monday.

Visit us at 2278 Telegraph Ave in Oakland, corner of 23rd St.
www.rpscollective.c om

xo
rps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006 10:21:23 AM »

Hi fellow san francisco crafters!  I wanted to tell you guys about the trunk show that I'm throwing at my warehouse in SoMa in a few weeks.  I posted about it here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84177.0

and here's the flyer:

Even more that you guys coming and buying things, I'm excited to showcase my house and things to fellow creative types - so please come on by without pressure!  If you come by, don't be shy to say hi to me - i'd love to meet some crafsters face to face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohsosparkly
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006 11:32:21 AM »

is there a craft group in SF?   I live in Ashbury Heights and love paper and cembroidery crafts. WOuld love to meet up with others that also enjoy craftiness!

SS
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DogGrrl
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006 08:41:19 PM »

is there a craft group in SF?   I live in Ashbury Heights and love paper and cembroidery crafts. WOuld love to meet up with others that also enjoy craftiness!

SS

Hey, I love those crafts too! (although my embroidery has gotten pretty rusty since I got my machine! ha!)  I am in the Sunset.  Is there a SF group?  If not, any interest in starting one?  I would be more than happy to host.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2006 10:31:20 PM »

SS

Hey, I love those crafts too! (although my embroidery has gotten pretty rusty since I got my machine! ha!)  I am in the Sunset.  Is there a SF group?  If not, any interest in starting one?  I would be more than happy to host.

I live across the bay in Richmond (in the good part...yes, there's a good part) and would love to get together with craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006 10:50:10 AM »

I just wanted to post one last reminder about the event I'm throwing tomorrow.  Hope to see some of you there!

http://mediumreality.com/pandora.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Rug Out of Scrap Fabric
How to Weave with a Loom
How to Spin Yarn on a Spinning Wheel
How to Use a Shuttle on a Loom
How to Make a Baby-Headed Dancing Frog
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...