A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block of the Month Craftalong  (Read 42233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

faunal
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2006 12:36:16 PM »

ctgirl,
I like the idea about swapping fabric, but instead of cutting the pieces out, what if we did an exchange of fat 1/4?  Of course, I'm talking like I can participate...I'm a newbie and haven't met my post or time quota.
I'm a big thrift store junkie, but we've only got one store close by and there isn't much there.  I'm a big city girl living on a teeny tiny island...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fort_loop
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2006 01:56:04 PM »

Help... having trouble with the template for the color wheel-- when I printed it out, the 1" test block was 1 5/16" (??!!!).  Am I missing something?  I'm embarrassed to even ask because I requested this block in the first place...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2006 02:36:06 PM »

ctgirl, I love your card trick block! so don't be disappointed you made it instead of the color wheel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fort_loop
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2006 06:28:20 PM »

AHA!  I just found this on the quilterscache.com site:

"A bit about PRINTING ISSUES: There are several different browser settings on your computers that will CHANGE the size of images /graphics/ templates. (This varies, depending on which browser you use.) In addition AOL is known to compress graphics. MACS always print at a different size than PC's. Firefox will also resize. So will Netscape and IE, sometimes. These are things you need to know about your system Shocked) Generally speaking, there will be settings you can change so that you are not seeing or trying to print resized templates. For my templates...if the 1" test square measures 1", you should be good to go Shocked) Remember, I'm not on your computer, so I don't know how you have it set Shocked)"

So, I guess I can blame my powerbook.  Gah.  Edit:  I got it to print correctly by scaling the print image to 76%.  If you are having a similar problem, PM me and I'll try to help (esp if you use safari).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006 06:42:39 PM by fort_loop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctgirl
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2006 08:32:14 AM »

faunal-there is a quarter fat swap going on right now, that maybe you will be able to join (or maybe I saw it in the new swap ideas) but keep your eye out.  I think I might join, though I have done one before.  I still like the idea of swapping pre-cut pieces because I have lots of fabrics that I don't have a quarter fat, but still can use.  I'd be will to do either a personal swap with someone, or organize an official swap if anyone is interested.  We can either do the quilt block for the month, or a different one.  I am itching to do some more quilting, but what I really should do is organize my fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faunal
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2006 02:51:21 PM »

Ok, so here are my blocks.  I don't know if it will show up, but I actually used a 3d white fabric (sorta a brocade, but not really) and christmas fabric (gold stars) to make the heart.  I'm really not a heart person so it was my give in

Please let me know if there are picture problems.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 09:05:49 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
faunal
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2006 03:05:11 PM »

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 09:07:25 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2006 04:03:46 PM »

Wow, Faunal, so many beautiful blocks!  I love the vivid colours of you Depression block, and the red heart fabric is so neat!  It doesn't look that Christmassy to me at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gary_The_Snail
Peter-Pan-esque

You is on dat building!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2006 06:07:41 PM »

Yeah faunal, your depression block is my fave! It stands out so beautifully! The colours you used remind me of a traditional quilt but it also looks so of like granite or stone or something to me. It reminds me of a bank somehow lol! Anyways, all of your blocks really are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A sewing machine and a lab coat. The best of both worlds.
quenstalof
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2006 12:46:49 AM »

mmm...
this looks like so much fun and all the blocks came out so nicely!
i'd love to join, but first i gotta figure out what i'd do with my sewing machine and supplies in my dorm room
i hope i can figure something out... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Light a Portrait with Small Flash Units Part 1/2
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 1/2
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 2/2
How to Keep Your Images Simple
How to Use a Lensbaby
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...