A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Recipes - What To Avoid  (Read 8327 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006 03:48:44 PM »

Vegan cats and dogs?hmmm...I'm not so much sure I'd enjoy the taste as much as regular cats and dogs.

Seriously though, cats and dogs are designed to eat meat. They are not designed to run on a vegan diet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
thisisserious
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006 04:00:21 PM »

My vet told me that cats should be on a meat-only diet. Dogs should also eat mainly or only meat. However, it's not as vital for dogs to eat only meat than cats. My pug is overweight and her diet consists of replacing 1/3 of her food with green beans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006 01:54:27 PM »

My vet told me that cats should be on a meat-only diet. Dogs should also eat mainly or only meat. However, it's not as vital for dogs to eat only meat than cats. My pug is overweight and her diet consists of replacing 1/3 of her food with green beans.
Thats pretty much the same thing my vet says. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006 02:14:29 PM »

Yeah, cats usually get all the vegetable matter they need from killing mice and eating their plant-filled stomachs, although I'm not sure whether or not they need it. You can get dry cat food that has vegetably bits in too.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 09:30:21 AM by Kuolema Nox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006 11:20:42 PM »

Am i the only person who brushes there cats teeth nightly with kitty toothpaste (from the vet) and a cat tooth brush (gatta love the vet)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006 07:33:11 AM »

Am i the only person who brushes there cats teeth nightly with kitty toothpaste (from the vet) and a cat tooth brush (gatta love the vet)?

Uh, maybe. My dog won't let me do it, but she eats greenies and has greenie bones, so they seem to be working just as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2006 12:42:30 PM »

Well, One of my cats fights me for it but my kitte lays around without moving for me to brush them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
radsteph
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006 09:57:52 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out!I will try to remember that =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Steph
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006 10:30:00 AM »

I recieved this today in my email today from the ASPCA of which i am a member. Thought I would share it.

FROM OUR EMAIL BAG: SHOULD GREENIES GET THE RED LIGHT?
Have you heard the recent reports circulating on the Internet that dogs have choked on Greenies? In response to recent claims that these popular edible chew toys are dangerous, weve received many inquiries from concerned pet owners, including ASPCA News Alert reader Mary Kay Mullen. I am confused about all the news about the danger of death to animals given Greenies, writes Mullen. Please respond with the ASPCAs position on these treats.

We checked in with the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Centers Dana Farbman, CVT, who explains, To our current knowledge, Greenies do not pose a higher risk for gastrointestinal tract obstruction than any other edible chew product.

Thats not to say, however, that pooches should be free to chew to their hearts content. As dog owners probably know, there are many different types of pet chews on the market, designed for various species and sizes, and various types of chewers as well. Edible flavored or dental chews, rawhide or plush toys are generally designed for pets who are mild to moderate chewers, not strong chewers or shreddersincluding those who typically consume food rapidly and in large pieces, says Farbman.

While it is often difficult to determine what kind of chewer your pet is, it is a good idea to always directly supervise your pet if you give him any edible chew or toy that could be torn, shredded and possibly ingested in large pieces. And even if you think that your pet is not a strong chewer, cautions Farbman, note that some pets can become bored or upset if left to their own devices, and may wind up destroying and subsequently consuming a toy or chew they previously only casually played with or nibbled on.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
peariso
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2006 11:07:36 AM »

Watch the garbage! Apples, Apricots, Cherries, Peaches and Plums seeds, stems and leaves contain a chemical that can act like cynide, and any part of avocados can be toxic.

I totally agree that you shouldn't give your little one apple seeds, but apples are a wonderful treat for your fur baby.
I have given Henry dried apples as treats and he can't seem to get enough of them.  Drying them make them sweet but not sugar sweet. 

Also dried yams are the same way.  After they are dried they turn more into a chew than a cookie like treat.  I tend to give them to Henry instead of a raw hide.  They don't last as long but I don't worry about them hurting his tummy. 

I think it is a great excuse to break out that Ron-co food dehydrator that you bought on a late night infomercial binge.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Colors Represent Emotion in Paintings
How to Express yourself with Colors When Painting
How Colors Represent Energy in Paintings
Painting Lesson - Big Brush, Little Brush
Artists Easels
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...