A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jaywalker Socks KAL  (Read 20598 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2006 01:02:31 AM »

i finally worked more on mine.. i have about 2 inches... how sad is that... im such a beginner sock knitter on such tiny needles..  but they are looking pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rincaro
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2006 11:23:57 AM »

Starshadow - I had similiar problems. Couldn't get them the right size to save my life. This is what I've ended up doing. Working the ribbing on size 0 addis (2mm), and the leg on size 1 addis (2.5mm), then working the pattern of the foot on size 1 and the sole of the foot on size 2. Addis needles are a bit bigger than normal US dpns sizes, and this I think is giving me the ease I need to be able to put the sock on. I'm working the 84 stitch version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starshadow
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006 01:07:52 PM »

Starshadow - I had similiar problems. Couldn't get them the right size to save my life. This is what I've ended up doing. Working the ribbing on size 0 addis (2mm), and the leg on size 1 addis (2.5mm), then working the pattern of the foot on size 1 and the sole of the foot on size 2. Addis needles are a bit bigger than normal US dpns sizes, and this I think is giving me the ease I need to be able to put the sock on. I'm working the 84 stitch version.

Thank you rincaro! I actually found myself a pair of #1 addis this weekend and started again using magic loop (first time trying that too!) I'm doing the 84 stitch version again but I've tried them on and and they seem to fit this time! They are a bit snug, but from what I've read they should stretch a little bit, it's a good idea to do the foot on size 2's but I'll see what happens when I get there.

Also, my friend started again with a 92 stitch version she found and hers are fitting this time too! we are (finally) on our way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy! http://starshadow.etsy.com
follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/solysombra
or check out my tumblog: http://solysombra.tumblr.com
westcoastchica
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2006 09:09:02 AM »

w00t.... the Jaywalkers are done and on my feet (and oh so comfy!) The red/pink Kool-aid dyed spaghetti-like KnitPicks yarn is now...

I went down to 17 stitches on each needle (instead of 19), and went up a needle size. That gave me a looser fabric that I could actually get over my heel (first attempt not so much).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these socks. I'll definitely make more... sometime... I have way too many sock patterns in my collection that I need to try! But they're fun. And definitely comfortable!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 01:42:30 PM by westcoastchica » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2006 04:25:49 PM »

westcoastchica, I LOVE your Jaywalkers.  THey are sooooo pretty and pink.  They make me happy.  Smiley  Like that.  stupendous job. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
tonicangel
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2006 01:32:36 PM »

magic loop is not scary at all!  i love love love it.  (look at my Jaywalker's above...MAGIC LOOP).  just google "magic loop"  and you should get a lot of hits.  it's really a faboo technique. Grin

How did you end up converting the pattern to magic loop? I am looking to do this pattern next, but wanted to use my newly learned magic loop method. Smiley Is it just a matter of pm in certain places or do you just start doing the pattern? Sorry, I'm a bit confused on how to convert patterns to magic loop. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2006 05:51:30 PM »

How did you end up converting the pattern to magic loop? I am looking to do this pattern next, but wanted to use my newly learned magic loop method. Smiley Is it just a matter of pm in certain places or do you just start doing the pattern? Sorry, I'm a bit confused on how to convert patterns to magic loop. Thanks!

i'm not sure exactly how to explain it.  basically, i just do the pattern like normal and keep track of the beg of the round.  when it comes time for toe decreases, you just do them at each end of the two separate sides.  if this is totally unhelpful, PM me and i'll try and explain it better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amy_UK
Got any sci-fi?

I don't like cricket. Oh, no. I love it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2006 12:07:35 PM »

One photo here:

And a shed-load more on my blog, in this post:

http://dyedinthewool.blogspot.com/2006/02/jaywalkers-at-last.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new blog: http://dyedinthewool.wordpress.com/
Do you craft?  Are you called Amy, or Amie or Ami?  Join us at http://knittingamys.blogspot.com
ibmomof2
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2006 04:35:19 PM »

Ok..I win for having the dumbest question so far... When you turn the heel, it says to knit until gap, ssk, etc... I'm just not seeing a gap. So anyone know the exact number of stitches you knit and purl for each row? I knw I can do it if it's written out completely.

And the kicker.....This is my second pait of Jaywalkers. The first pair gave me no trouble. I'm just having an empty head night i suppose.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

briteros
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2006 12:39:17 PM »

yes, please help with the portion about turning the heel and the gap (and the fact that originally my heel flap consisted of 38 stitches but now i'm only working with 21 of them? this confuses me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Landscape Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...