A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,348
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Very very picky eater (boyfriend troubles)  (Read 3794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006 03:16:52 PM »

My boyfriend thought he hated mexican. and he hates dips and spice and really anything that isnt a bleached carb. (I sometimes dont know how he is still living)
However- the point is that he LOVES LOVES LOVES mexican. Even guacamole! Which is a veggie and a dip and has SPICE. This blew my mind.

The point mainly is that if you introduce it slowly enough and continually let them know that, yes, their eating habits bother you they will try to make the change. at least mine did and he has come leaps and bounds and I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vampiress92
Magical unicorn

Obsessed with shiney things since 2000

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006 04:01:38 PM »

If boy-toy is reading this, here's my message: you're spoiled. Stop being a baby and eat something decent once in a while to make your girlfriend happy. It's not going to kill you to eat a hamburger with a mashed carrot in it. Cripes.

No woman wants to take care of a guy who doesn't take care of himself.

*hugs my boy-toy protectively*

He's not spoiled! He's just... loved ^_^
Ok, I spoil my boyfriend a little. Hes normally good about eating things, I'm just not horribly creative. He'll happily eat salad, so I know he won't turn his nose up at all veggies. I just wish he liked chicken Sad
I've made him lasagna, and alfredo, and he loved it, so I guess he isn't horribly picky. The only thing I really had to work on, was taking the meat out of the lasagna. He's no vegetarian, he just didnt want meat... weird...

^_^ I dont mind being creative, and I love him, and he likes my cooking. Yay! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006 04:08:16 PM »

I agree with the guacamole introduction. I made my super picky fella try the green goo, and now he's guac-crazy.

Failsafe Guacamole:

Take one or two very squashy avacados and smash 'em up.
add 2 tablespoons salsa for each avacado (you can add more or less to taste)
Sprinkle with taco seasoning and mix. you should just be able to see some of the granules. taste-testing is key.
Lime juice to taste! (less to bring out the avacado flavor and prevent oxydizing [browning like apples do in open air] more for a nice lime zing!
I also add some more granulated garlic and sea salt, but guacamole is all about the taste-test!

I also shred carrots into cheezy mashed potatoes. you can't really taste them, they look like cheeze, and they make the potatoes a nice orange colour.

I'm not much of a cooked veggie eater either. Does he eat green beans?

"company's coming green beans"
Steam green beans
stir-fry green beans in a wok with pine nuts (untill they're a light brown)
hit with soy sauce & garlic
Serve in a fancy dish.

It looks fancy because there's nuts in it. Pine nuts make everything better. You can also roast pepitos(pumpkin seeds avail in mexican supermarkets) and toss those with veggies.

I can get Mr. Picky to at least try things by daring him into it. I also keep a can of squid and eel around to show him what i'm serving could be ALOT more frightning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MartiniMonsters
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006 04:12:43 PM »

If you want meat in your lasagna but he doesn't I have the perfect solution...cupcake lasagna. Assuming you have a cupcake tin at your disposal. You use wonton wrappers for the pasta. So you can make a bunch of little lasagnas with all different things in them to appeal to everyone's taste and it's so easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampiress92
Magical unicorn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006 05:56:01 PM »

If you want meat in your lasagna but he doesn't I have the perfect solution...cupcake lasagna. Assuming you have a cupcake tin at your disposal. You use wonton wrappers for the pasta. So you can make a bunch of little lasagnas with all different things in them to appeal to everyone's taste and it's so easy.
Yummy! then my dad could stop complaining about me never cooking him things!
*mutters*  not like he eats it anyway...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

paradisecrane
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006 06:15:48 PM »

My guy is picky too, not as bad as some of yours, but hes first generation El Salvadorian and ate nothing but beans, rice and meat the first 15 years of his life--then he switched to fast food junkfood when he got his licence. 
But I really like to cook for him-what I do is that I make sure I have something I know he'll like, for example, meat (steak meatloaf etc) and then I add little dashes of food that he eats (like bread blahblahblah) then I add stuff that is new to him (like a cassarole or steamed veggies)  So he eats what he likes, and he tries some of the foods he hasn't had before.  Even if he doesn't like it, at least he tried it out in the first place, which is always an encouraging sign!  He actually had never had meatloaf before and was apprehensive about trying it, but because it was meat, he ate it and liked it!  One thing he will NOT try is hot tea!  I have no clue why!  Oh and I LOVE onions but he HATES them so when I cook something with onions, I make the onions chunky so he can pick them out. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 06:19:08 PM by paradisecrane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone want to swap ATCs?
Visit my shop!
http://applearabesque.etsy.com/
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2006 11:36:58 AM »

Boys are weird. Martini, that's a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampiress92
Magical unicorn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006 06:05:47 PM »

Boys are weird.

Boys may be weird, but we love them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Pushing Pixels with the Smudge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Sponge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Burn Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Dodge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Sponge and Focus Tools
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...