A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Bag a Month Craftalong?  (Read 92487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fort_loop
« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2006 07:19:19 PM »

quazicat-- soooooooooo cool!  Is this from one of those books?  What a lucky swap partner you have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: May 26, 2006 07:20:07 PM »

quazicat-- soooooooooo cool!  Is this from one of those books?  What a lucky swap partner you have!

Yep it from the book Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2006 07:37:35 PM »

Hi qazicat, wow...busy girl....another cute little japanese bag love them all, you are clever. can i ask do you draw the faces in yourself?  they look very professional with beautiful detail. cheers cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: May 26, 2006 08:04:59 PM »

Hi qazicat, wow...busy girl....another cute little japanese bag love them all, you are clever. can i ask do you draw the faces in yourself?  they look very professional with beautiful detail. cheers cyndiq

Yeap I draw the faces myself.  They are not that complicated.  Just a few lines really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2006 07:31:44 AM »

I made a really cute clutch last night out of some Laurie Smith fabric but haven't taken any pictures yet, will try tonight.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

« Reply #525 on: June 02, 2006 09:15:26 AM »

okay - so I skipped a month or so in there, but watch out!  June will be chock full, and I promise I won't post them all here, as I'm mass producing for a fair.  But, I got a great custom order, and while I'm not quite done, it's done enough for pictures, and I have to share.  I haven't ever done a laptop carrier before....

Lacking just a few minor adjustments, here is the Custom Laptop Messenger soon to be sent to his new home in Canada! Smiley  You may have noticed the pins - those are some of the final adjustments to be made, and the flap only looks off center - it is centered nicely Smiley  The front panel and divider are very protective for the computer - both are quilted with high loft batting, and reinforced with a sturdy peice of plastic for rigidity.  ALL seams are triple stitched for strength, and the handles have been triple stitched three times (are you lost yet?) to ensure she will never have to worry about her strap suddenly snapping off with her computer tumbling to the ground.  The rear pockets have two expanded pockets on the sides for accomidation of her cables and adaptor, plus a pen pocket and another accessory pocket.  The front pockets are all flat, accessory pockets, with one pen pocket as well.

Closed

Front Pockets

Interior

Rear Pockets

Top With Divider

Smiley
Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #526 on: June 02, 2006 06:58:25 PM »

Meanbean, as always your bags are fantastic! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

« Reply #527 on: June 04, 2006 04:00:48 AM »

hi there, my partner recieved in the aussie bits swap so here is what i made from the 7 ties and a stretchy blue skirt  that my partner sent to me.
Here is what she sent to me to sew. She asked me to unpick the ties and make her a bag that would fit a book. So basically I was free to do whatever.  Wink

messenger bag made from just 3 ties!

and an evening clutch, wallet and phone/ipod cosy.  Smiley

so it was a new thing, sewing ties together, a bit of a challenge. I used a crazypatch technique.  Tongue

what do you all think?  Roll Eyes

cyndi
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 09:44:26 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aneesah
« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2006 04:55:35 AM »

Cyndiq, the messenger bag is especially awesome! Shocked The colours have these sort of antique yet elegant look. Are those just lines of decorative machine stitches I see? They're very pretty. Smiley

Haha, by the way, is it "unpick the ties" or "pick the ties"? 'Cause the seam ripper is also caled a thread picker, so I don't know. Cheesy

I haven't had the time to make a May bag, (and I left most of my fabric scraps when we moved house anyway) plus I'm heading off to college in a few weeks, so I'm afraid I'll just be an observer of this thread from now on. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Margarita Miss

cuervo on the rocks ... salted rim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: June 04, 2006 09:12:47 AM »

Oh cyndiq, I agree, the messenger bag is amazing!  The colours, the stitching, everything about it.  I also love how you used the skinny end of the tie as the closure flaps on the other items.  I think I would have lost my patience just trying to carefully pick the ties apart.  Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 15/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 16/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 17/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 14/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 18/30
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...