A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Bag a Month Craftalong?  (Read 94988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2006 06:37:20 AM »

Meanbean I love your little pouches!  I want to start making some of those

Pudruff  What a stunning bag!  I never would have thought to line a bag with fur, very cool!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trendy Wendy
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2006 06:39:09 AM »

Meanbean your pouches look great.  Must be something in the air.  I have been making pouches too.

Pudruff great bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Margarita Miss

cuervo on the rocks ... salted rim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2006 07:03:10 AM »

Here's my March bag.  I started with a free Estee Lauder Gift with Purchase.  Then I bought a one pound bag of factory mill ends from the Spinrite factory outlet.  It had 12 odd sized balls in it for $2.99.  I used 2 balls of that to knit kind of a slip-cover for the bag and sewed it on around the bag opening.  I had a small piece left from a silk scarf that I previously had cut up to make a belt out of so I covered the small zippered pouch with that.  I think that's my favourite part of the project.  I really only paid for the 2 balls of yarn so this project only cost 50 cents.  If she needs a name, I'll call her "Estee with a new perm".  I entered this in the Nifty Thrifty Bag Challenge.
and a close-up of the zippered pouch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trendy Wendy
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2006 07:06:01 AM »

You are so clever Margarita Miss.  Its a total bag makeover and it looks awesome a real improvement over the original.  Love the fabric you used on the pouch too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2006 07:35:12 AM »

hey meanbean those are nice, i love the darker burgundy one. I usually make a little beaded pull and add to my zipper pouches, it adds something. just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I wanted to do this, but these were all zippers I received as a donation (three gargantuan bags), and most of them are invisible zippers.  Because of this, the pulls don't have a loop on the end like a usual zipper, so I can't really adorn them.  I'm going to branch out soon and attempt to applique a little penguin I made onto a new pouch, we'll see how that goes! Smiley

I LOVE the cherry and fur bag!  That's so something I would carry   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2006 07:47:56 AM »

Thanks everyone for the props about the bag!  I loved making it. 

I wouldn't have thought of using fun fur as the lining either, except that my swap partner said she loved the combination of leopard print, red, and black together, and the only leopard print I could find was fun fur.  I made her pillows (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85009.20) and tucked the fur away, thinking, "Now when am I ever going to use the rest of that fur?" 

I was going to make her a floofy skirt with tulle, but I only ordered a yard of the cherry fabric (must order 2 yards minimum from now on!), so when it arrived, I realized I couldn't make a skirt.  So I thought of a bag, and when I started thinking about what to line the bag with, the fun fur just sort of said "Here I am!"  Total serindipity.  Grin

I going to do a whole line of fun fur lined bags, because the effect is so cool.  The bag IRL is awesome.  The best part is how light it is, even though it's also very structured.

Deirdre 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006 07:49:46 AM by Deirdre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2006 07:51:14 AM »

And I totally love the "sleeve" you knitted for the Estee Lauder handbag, Margarita Miss!  What a great idea!

Deirdre
THIS ROCKS   Logged

groschveux
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2006 08:45:55 AM »

My March bag is all done!!!  Cheesy
I volunteered to be swap angel and I'm waiting for her to receive the package before I post pictures. Hopefully, she'll get it before the end of March!  Wink

She got it yesterday!!!
The swap was called "A Buggy Swap", and one her favorite insect was moth.
So, this is the purse I made for her. I used a chartreuse green corduroy and a flowery print cotton fabric for the lining.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2006 08:47:14 AM »

meanbean the green gingham one is so cute and springlike.  I checked out your etsy shop and I love the triangle purse!

THANKS!  I love it too - that was my first "orginal" design, as the rest of my purses are mostly basic at this point.  I'll be making more of those soon, I have them cut out, but I have no interfacing Sad  

Everyone's bags are so awesome - I'm SO glad I joined this CAL   Grin

And since groschveux just posted her moth bag - OMG that's gorgeous!  Your applique is so nice, I envy that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2006 09:28:49 AM »

Eep!  I love that cordouroy bag!  I especially love the strap.  I am still working out strap design on my bags.  Does the cordouroy bag have a gusset?

Love it!

Deirdre
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bleach Your Hair
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Mad Men Hair
How to Get a Snooki Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...