A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Month Swap- January SIGNUPS 1/1/06-1/31/06  (Read 7259 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

16candles
Impulsive Letter Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006 08:36:42 PM »

I just got approved so here is my
Birthday Wishlist:

1.   1-inch buttons
2.   A new bag with lots of pockets
3.   A new cozy for my I-pod mini (named Delilah)
4.   A mixed CD to craft to
5.   Anything Star Wars related
6.   Jewelry  made out of candy
7.   A glass marble bracelet or just the base for one
8.   Something made out of felt
9.   A knitted or crocheted scarf
10.   Anything related to my favorite bands
11.   Jadore surprises *wink wink*
**EDITED**
12.            New Mittens.  or the flippy ones, cause my mitts just have a hole in them and it FINALLY started to snow.

Bio:
I am turning 17 on January 22nd, so I am still a young-in.  Im kind of indifferent about my birthday.  I listen to crazy different types of music, but my three favorite bands are Hot Hot Heat, Plain White Ts and Rooney.  I work at Toys R Us and am a very fun-loving person with the personality of a 5 year old (I LOVE TOYS!)  I live in Calgary, Alberta, and it is usually snowing this time of year, *EDIT* It SNOWED WAHOO!  Im a writer for my school newspaper and write a lot of poetry.  Im easy to please, as I fall in love with pretty much every project on craftster =).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006 06:23:37 PM by 16candles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is feeding us identification.
http://www.geocities.com/dropdowngorgeous/
smilenjoy

The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006 09:57:04 PM »

Happy birthday to everyone!!!

my birthday wish list:
1. crochet pattern/s (im advanced beginner at the moment)
2. knitted or crochet item
3. Bag/pouch for my new digital camera
4. Shopping bag
5. Beaded necklace
6. Yarn!!
7. craft book of some kind
8. A surprise

My Bio:  Im an Australian chick who loves every kind of craft there is! I love being creative and seeing the creative work of others. I have just turned 21 with my birthday on the 6th of Jan. I am trying to concentrate on learning to crochet at a more advanced level.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Melissa~
iheartalex

Makeshift Apparel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006 10:13:14 PM »

I'm turning 18 on January 27! Yay! I like to sew, play guitar, and watch horror movies with my boyfriend. My favorite movie is May. I listen to The Bled, Light This City, Circle Takes the Square, Zao, Haste the Day, and a lot of other bands. I love stars, skulls, and army men.And tattoos and piercings.I DO NOT like pin up stuff. My favorite colors are red and black.

1.) Screen Print on canvas (wall art)

2.) A knitted hat, a beanie with a little visor would be sooo awesome. Or maybe a beanie with the little ear flaps.

3.) A long wallet.  The kind thats like a long rectangle that holds credit cards and cash.

4.) A Purse. Whatever it is, I want it to have some kind of a closure and pocket(s) on the inside.I like the slouch bags with a flap. Or  something like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=49030.0 ora Mini bowling bag (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64535.0

5.) A cool Handmade journal/ book

6.) A shirt! maybe with a band on it, or whatever you want. I'm size small, or youth medium.

7.) Sewing Supplies- cool fabric,cool pin cushion,thread,whatever

8.) A Pillow! With cluster puff stuffing!

9.) Something having to do with guitar

10.) A Surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006 05:21:47 PM »

Yay!  I got accepted!  Grin

HERE GOES....

About Me:  My birthday is January 14, and I will be turning 27 (3 years to the big one, oh noes!).  I'm a pretty simple creature.  I love to read fiction, listen to music of all kinds (rock, pop, country, alternative, jazz, lounge, blues, top 40, etc.), love to craft and write (short stories), and I love to annoy my younger siblings- espically the 11 year old.  My favorite crafts are beading jewelry, counted cross-stitch, and making picture frames.   I also love doing assorted silly little crafts.  I have a sewing machine, and once I get my desk cleared in my bedroom (as well as the rest of the room) I plan on learning how to use it!    I don't dress in any one particular style, I am a big girl and just usually get what I can-- though I LOVE stuff I see at Hot Topic, the more sarcastic the better.  I am a self-proclaimed geek, having watched one form or another of Star Trek since grade school and playing tabletop RPGs in my early days of college.  I'm not very particular about colors, but I am clumsy so white is usually out of the question and yellow looks real bad on me.  I LOVE animals and used to show my Sheltie when I was in High School- I still am in love with the breed.  Other animals I can't get enough of: horses, goldfish, penguins, and giraffes. 

Uhm, I think I rattled on long enough.  =P

My wishlist:

1.  Indie music CD mix.  I'm interested in Indie music but have not encountered much and do not know where to begin.  All I have is the Garden State soundtrack (which I adore) but I have a feeling its not real "Indie."

2.  Laptop cozy.  It's winter in St. Louis and Lappy need to be kept warm too!

3.  Beads of any kind!

4.  Felted pins.  My work smock needs dressing up!

5.  Dark chocolate Pocky.  I cannot find it in StL, and I know it exists!

6.  Metallic silver and metallic purple Prismacolor color pencils.  I can't find them!

7.  Fun picture frames.

8.  "Geek" themed tee (stenciled or embroidered- 3XL).

9.  Cute "monster" plushie.

10.  "Monster" purse.

11.  Anything for the kitchen that involves cherries and light blue.

12. SURPRISE ME.   I like surprises!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006 12:10:53 AM by StarFire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Mihn
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006 02:07:28 PM »

Ooo, my firstest ever swap!  How exciting!  Cheesy

OK, so a little about me:

I'm fairly new to Craftster, joined late last year and do a lot of lurking because there's just too many excellent projects that keep appearing to comment on them all unfortunately.  But everyone here is so talented!

My birthday is January 27 as well (Happy Birthday to iheartalex!), I'll be 23.  My hobbies are spinning, knitting, embroidery and sewing mostly, but I'd love to get into some papercrafts as well.  I'm getting married on October 14th this year to my darling fiance.  Very excited about that!

Oh yeah, whoever picks me will get an international swap as I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Ummm, I like cats, reading, gardening, listening to all kinds of music.  Love Monty Python, The Goodies, Dave Allen etc - British comedy rocks!

I'm going back to university this year, studying Animal Science.

And my wishlist looks something like this:
1 - Scrapooking starter ideas/information.  Even if you just write me a letter telling me how you got started, that would be great!
2 - The rubber that you carve to make stamps and/or some of those funky coloured stamp pads (it's really hard to get good supplies around here, can you tell?)
3 - Embellishments for scrapbooking.  They're so cool.
4 - any old magazines you don't want/need (I think THAT one could be wishful thinking!  Everyone reuses them, right?! Cheesy)
5 - Vintage (1940s or 50s) dress patterns or copies.  I'm getting mum to make my wedding dress in this style and need some inspiration.
6 - Craft books.  My library is sadly lacking!  Topics that would interest me include anything to do with textile crafts, mosaic making, the "lost" art of old fashioned homesteading (ie, making soap, candles etc)
7 - Beads, sequins, buttons etc.  They never go astray!  Oh, especially beads that would be good for making wine glass charms.  I'm thinking of doing this for the wedding.  Our colours are dove grey and royal blue with gold highlights.
8 - Surprise me!   Cool

Thanks everyone!

Mihn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chibiwakki
cephalopod of DESTINY!

the secret ingredient is last minute panic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006 06:59:35 PM »

Man, do I feel like a dork - I accidentally posted my wishlist on the unconditional swap for January, which was something completely different. I hope there might still be time for someone to make me something!

Name of swap- BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP, January
Craftster username: Chibiwakki
Email address: chibiwakki@yahoo.ca
My wishlist:
1. a long scarf, maybe with a patchwork-y sort of design
2. a lacy, cobwebby shawl
3. a roomy, over the shoulder sack sort of bag for groceries or knitting supplies, you know, it's rounded and the strap and the body are all one piece . . . I have no clue if this style has a name, and I can't find a picture >_<
4. handmade books, with or without words or pictures in them
5. some sort of case for my circulars
6. yarn
6. small tins or boxes, or stuff made with them. Yay containers!
7. unusual plushies - monsters, robots, aquatic creatures
8. anything gothy or loligothy
9. delicate silver jewelery
10. anything well made, so make something you're good at!
11. surprise me!

I turned 25 on Jan 8th, and being graduated with a degree in visual arts, am having trouble finding a career. I'm a cat person, but my parents aren't so my current pets are a goldfish and a snail. I love books, I have two crammed bookcases with enough books on the floor to fill a third (maybe I shouldn't have asked for more books?) I like gothic stuff, but my style is so mixed with other random things that I can only describe it as eclectic. Maybe if I listed some of the nouns I find cool? Neil Gaiman, Voltaire (the guy with the music and the comics, not the dead guy), Jhonen Vasquez, Roman Dirge, Sam & Max, Calvin & Hobbes, Cowboy Bebop, Rasputina, Lewis Carroll, Edward Gorey, Tim Burton, Red Dwarf, Wallace & Gromit, Amelie, The City of Lost Children, Brian Froud, Hayao Miyazaki, Samurai Jack, the Triplets of Belleville, SCUD: the Disposable Assassin, The Darkangel Trilogy, Dame Darcy, Azumanga Daioh, CLAMP, Charles De Lint, James C. Christensen, Reboot, Eerie Indiana, Zelda, the Monkey Island games, Royal Crown Revue, Dead Can Dance, Cruxshadows, Faith and the Muse, Arrogant Worms, squids, octopi, cuttlefish, jellyfish, anemones, crustaceans, llamas, pangolins, deer, jackalopes, chimeras, gryphons, spiders, beetles, cake, mushrooms, tea, bottles, jars, black, purple, red, silver, green.
Woo, I hope that wasn't too much information, but I hope it helped!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 08:17:15 AM by chibiwakki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It shone, pale as bone
As I stood there alone
And I thought to myself how the moon
That night, cast its light
On my heart's true delight
And the reef where her body was strewn
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006 01:14:05 PM »

Hey guys, I am trying to figure a couple of things out... first, are there any Jan's that did not receive a birthday present? And is there a Feb list? I have been searching for a Feb list and have not come across one... when the Olympics are over I will be ready for my next project  Wink ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006 06:08:14 PM »

i know that there is a feb bday list somewhere around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006 06:38:49 PM »

February birthday swap here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77199.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006 09:45:00 PM »

Hey guys, I am trying to figure a couple of things out... first, are there any Jan's that did not receive a birthday present? And is there a Feb list? I have been searching for a Feb list and have not come across one... when the Olympics are over I will be ready for my next project  Wink ...

I didn't receive anything from this swap for my birthday, not that I'm complaining since it was a great birthday anyways
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bearing Off in Backgammon
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 3
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 2
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 1
Object of the Game in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...