A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap January  (Read 14170 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 31, 2005 10:27:08 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY!
There are a few changes!

Swap name:
Unconditional Swapper Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: seaofstars (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: No closing date
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Heck No!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  Sure, but make sure your parents are fine with it!
Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders" list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

For those of you who joined this swap in December, if:

* You have been picked twice already in December then go ahead and post 3 new wishes if you want.
    * You have not been picked even once; you can post the same list or a new one in January.

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in December, I am a new organizer and i don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you repost your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

• Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!
  • Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)
  •   Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.
  •   The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except THANK YOU!!!. That is why it's called an Unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.
  •   Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (Jan. 1st to Jan. 30th is seaofstars) From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge.
  •   Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X". Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.
  • When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
    Wish 1
    Wish 2
    Wish 3

•   Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.
  •   The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (Every month)
  •   As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them, their stuff within 2 weeks.
  • If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.
  •   It is not necessary but I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt and email me a copy.
  •   All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.
  •   All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap. Including Newbies.
  • Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.
  • When you pm me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

*** NEW ***
 I will be posting who has chosen who. There's been a lot of talk about flaking and since this swap has a higher potential for flaking than others, I've taken the suggestion to post who is taking who's wishes in a format similar to the Ongoing Wish Swaps. If you really want to keep it a secret, thats fine, just let me know when you pm with your choice(s). I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, the next organizer may choose not to do it this way. My intention is to cut down on the amount of flaking that is happening with this swap.

Feel free to post your lists after you send me your info.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly. If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for bearing with me!  Grin

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:

Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:

if you change your wishlist in anyway please pm me with your new wishlist..

Available Craftsters
happychick
night_owl
padray
pibbgirl
PinkMafia
the littlest ninja
TheRehn
tigergirl

Picked Once Craftsters
apandalee (starpiste)
classycrafter (DsgndbyRJ)
crafty_dame (pink_dinosaur)
daydreamer13579 (cheekymamaof2)
DefunctBuffalo (mjadams)
DsgndbyRJ (PinkMafia)
firebeetle (Minusxl3lindfold)
grrl82 (firebeetle)
gyouko (night_owl)
halblingefrau (lasandri)
hertrigger (craft_t_chic)
jehnaier (halblingefrau)
kasie (morningstar)
kika62 (apandalee)
kmsmaverick (tigergirl)
laraebay (pudruff)
lucy van pelt (BluegrassBeagles)
megaknits (mjadams)
Minusxl3lindfold (bobolink)
nushybum (tamar)
orange_sunset (jehnaier)
pandorascraftbox (kaesea)
penguino (pandorascraftbox)
pink_dinosaur (smrfchic)
polkadotgraffiti (PenGwend)
princess_me (DefunctBuffalo)
Pudruff (craft_t_chic)
redheadedali (Madmatigan79)
redpopsicles (mjadams)
Rorys_one (classycrafter)
sarahjayne (grrl82)
smrfchich (mjadams)
something_wierd (sweetie pie press)
sweetie pie press ( Madmatigan79)
tamar (veludo)
veludo (sarahjayne)
XbelovedXoneX (mjadams)
zenochka (BluegrassBeagles)

Unavailable Craftsters
akredhead (mjadams) (jaami)
aschnebly (orange_sunset) (daydreamer13579)
BluegrassBeagles (mjadams) (apandalee)
bobolink (writer78) (aschnebly)
bracelet_girl (fadeawaydream) (Happychick)
cheekymamaof2 (jehnaier) (lucy van pelt)
craft_t_chic (princess_me) (kat_penguino)
dontlookback (juiceejoycee) (mjadams)
ember77 (starpiste) (cheekymamaof2)
fadeawaydream (kittykill) (penguino)
jaami (the littlest ninja) (fadeawaydream)
juiceejoycee (Ember77) (Writer78)
kat_penguino (mommabear1963) (grrl82)
kittykil (Pink_Dinosaur) (lusterbunny)
knottydottie (seaofstars) (sweetie pie press)
lasandri (nushybum) (PenGwed)
lusterbunny (craft_t_chic) (BluegrassBeagles)
madmatigan79 (mjadams) (redpopsicles)
mjadams (PenGwed) (kat_penguino)
mommabear1963 (kat_penguino) (mjadams)
MorningStar (zenochka) (kasie)
MyrnaLoy (something_wierd) (redheadedali)
PenGwed (knottydottie) (TheRehn)
rainbow_art (sarahjayne) (bracelet_girl)
seaofstars (aschnebly) (MyrnaLoy)
starpiste (crafty_dame) (aliciasjoy)
taloola (kittykill) (polkadotgraffiti)
writer78 (bobolink) (kmsmaverick)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006 10:30:17 PM by seaofstars » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005 10:33:56 AM »

I am in the US, chilly Michigan to be exact.

My Wish List:

1. I'd love some type of blanket or lap quilt to keep me warm this season. I like black and white together, or turquoise and brown. It doesn't have to be themed, but I do like birds, retro prints and trees/leaves. Or you can just surprise me based on my likes.   Grin please note.. I can't have fringed or knotted fleece! my dog thinks its candy and tends to eat it! Thanks Alice!  Grin

2. I'd love a trinket bag/package/whatever with some surprsie goodies in it that you just know i'd love! - Merci, Merci! Miss. MyrnaLoy! You've totally got me wondering now!  Grin

3. A Learn to Crochet Kit!!!! Now that I've gotten the hang of knitting and I MUST learn to crochet! I NEED to learn! hehe Grin

About Me:
I'm basically a hippie girl.. lovin' the earth and all its naturey-wonders. I like boho/vintagey style and have quirky taste, but good quirky i think! I like all colors, but am not a fan of neons, gold or pastels. I'm pretty easy to please. You can check my blog for more info about me and my likes.

Thanks!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006 07:45:24 PM by seaofstars » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Writer78
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005 10:50:28 AM »

Hi!  I'm in Illinois, USA.

1. A small Valentines wreath.   They have some at JoAnn Fabrics that I like - they're heart-shaped and make entirely of red fake rose blossoms.  However, they're big, and I would like something small to hang in my apartment or in my cubicle at work.

2. Earrings.  I dont wear danglies.  (I know there goes all the fun!)  If you can make stud earrings, Ill wear just about any color.  I tend to prefer simple shapes that blend/finish off my look rather than cutesy earrings that draw a lot of attention.  I have no metal allergies, so any posts are OK.
THANK YOU, Bobolink!!  Can't wait to see 'em!

3. Checkbook cover.  Mine is cheapo and peeling.  I have castle-themed checks and would love a medieval-themed checkbook cover.  My checks tear along the left side, not along the top, so I need to be able to insert the checkbook on the side of the cover.  I am OK with any materials; leather is OK by me.
THANK YOU, kmsmaverick!!  I'm so thrilled that you chose me!!

I'm 27, single, Christian, conservative.  I love muted colors and simple elegance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006 10:32:40 AM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrl82
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005 12:01:25 PM »

Hi every one! Here once again!
I live in NC

1. EDIT: Suprise!

2.  EDIT: Suprise!

3. Jewelry!! I would love bracelets, necklaces, earings, and especially rings. OOOOOHHHH I cant wait to get it!!! Grin Grin Grin

Im a 17 year old that is still in high school. I am not old enough to know exactly what I want so send me everything! I'll love it anywho.

Ashley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006 04:16:25 AM by grrl82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005 12:24:21 PM »

Hey everybody!
I'm here again! I live in Portland, Oregon. I love  squirrels, girly skulls, pin up girls, The office (both versions) my three monsters (jack russells). I love "B" horror movies and just recently got engaged. Here are my wishes.

1. Surprise me! Whatever you do best-I would love it!

2. A tote bag or purse-any style

3. a cell phone cozie-I am always dropping my phone

Thanks!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2006 10:11:01 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005 12:38:22 PM »

Woo! Approved!

I'm in Colorado:

1. Gryffindor stuff! I've decided that I'm Gryffindor (and I've only read the first three books! So no spoilers Wink )

2. A stuffy! A kitty, owl, penguin... anything cuuute!

3. knitted handwarmers like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=62360.0 only in black. If that pattern isn't possible, surprise me with a pattern!
Another pattern: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67711.0
Woo! THANK YOU!

I'm an almost 21 year old gal that likes to dress in black and sing karaoke. I'm addicted to craftster and am hoping to have my small business up here soon.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2005 11:18:48 PM by orange_sunset » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daydreamer13579
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005 01:00:37 PM »

In WV

1. Yarn- I am just learning to crochet so anything is fine---I can't seem to get past hats, scarves and wristwarmers. Grin Lots of practice and not much yarn to complete.

2. Fabric- bright colored, cotton or cotton blend, for kids quilts

3. a journal with blank pages, I received one in another swap and it is full. I really like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57967.0
or kit to learn to make one

I love blues and purples. The ocean is my favorite place to be. I spend a lot of time either crafting or on craftster. I am learning to crochet for the first time, I spend a lot of time at the hospital with my nephew and it really helps to pass the time.  I also make quilts for the local Ronald McDonald house. If you wanna know more PM me
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006 10:13:11 AM by daydreamer13579 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005 01:02:42 PM »

Happy New Year!!!
I am in NV, USA!

Honestly this month, I have no idea what to put down! Hmmm...

1. Here is a broad call for supplies-- fabrics, notions, old magazines, patterns, iron-on sheets, embrioidery blanks, shrinky dinks, yarn (I'm trying to learn how to knit, I knit my first square!), anything you please, really!  You can never have enough craft crap, right? Thank you, orange_sunset, I am so ecxited!!!

2. A hoodie (pullover/zip up) with a cute applique or stencil on it.  I love the nature like stuff, more muted than crazy and out there.  Womens L, or Mens M.

3. A Surprise! I don't know what to put on here as my last wish, but I loooove surprises Smiley Thank you Daydreamer, surprises are the BEST! Smiley

Hmmm, about me I am 24, have a great husband and a 1 year old daughter.  I live in Las Vegas, we love cats and our a chihuahua.  I love Craftster and spend a lot of my free time on here!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006 08:00:27 AM by aschnebly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

firebeetle
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005 05:07:25 PM »

I live in Florida, US

1.  I would absolutely love a new messenger bag. I am tall (5'10") so the strap has to be pretty long to fit me right. I don't like pastel colors, I do like burgandy, purple, blue, orange, red, black, white....not all at once though....

2.  Beads, beads, and more beads!  And for that matter, any jewelry supplies....

3.  And of coarse I would love your specialty. Whatever you make best and want to show off or promote!

I am a 30 year old work at home mom of a 2 and a half year old. I make jewelry, journals, and soaps.   In my past life I was an art teacher. I grew up in New York and hate Florida!  My style is a bit punk, a bit rock and a bit....well, mom....I am very easy going but at the same time very organized.  Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006 05:34:10 PM by firebeetle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005 06:50:33 PM »

hello everyone!  HAPPY NEW YEAR! Shocked

i am in portland, oregon!
here is my list for this month!
1.  a suprise birthday present!  my birthday is on the 9th-o-january! thank you kittykill!

2.  a hoodie with some sort of embellishment, stencil, applique....whateve r! 

3.  this tighty whitey set! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=40825.0;topicseen  i love it but havent managed to find time to make it yet!  it would probably be good to double up material in the boobage area...but other than that, have fun!  it would be super cool if it were tie dyed but not absolutly necessary.  please pm me for measurements!
about lil old me!
i am gonna be 27 in a few days!  i am a hippie type girl...i love greens, oranges, reds, yellows and browns...cant go wrong with earthy colors!  i love vintagy things and i adore quirky stuff!  i am in nursing school...i have three chickens and i love coffee!  anything else---pls feel free to pm me! 
 Kiss
angie
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006 03:23:09 PM by taloola » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Manual Mode (M)
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Manual Focus Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set ISO Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Format Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Flash Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...