A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do you dream about knitting?  (Read 1357 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tejer
« on: December 31, 2005 06:34:38 AM »

Last night I had my first dream (that I remember) about knitting. I was in some kind of dating game show contest and the participants had to knit something for each to prove their worthiness as future husbands/wives. Some guy had knitted a beautiful pair of lacey fingerless gloves already, so I was way intimidated.

We got to pick out our patterns though. I chose a pair of mittens that could become fingerless mitts by flipping the top. The last thing I remember asking is, "are you sure I can work these up on two needles?" (I haven't done any circular or dpn knitting yet, but will soon Smiley  )

Actually, I would really like to knit a pair of these on two needles now that I think about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Huhwhat?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005 06:41:31 AM »

It's not really a dream, but several times I have realized exactly how to do something (like provisional cast on, which I have never been able to do) JUST before falling asleep. I always think, "I should get up and try this." But I always fall asleep right then.

And then, in the morning, I'm never able to remember how it's done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005 06:45:41 AM »

Yep. I've had a few knit-related dreams.  One involved some kind of quest for the ideal yarn in some very unusual places - like in the wood, on the beach... I've also dreamt of FOs.  I never have enough of a memory of the garment to actually know if it was totally made up in my dream world or similar to something I'd seen while awake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subloke
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005 08:13:13 AM »

I dreamt once that I was at work and we were out of this one particular, very expensive piece of electronic-ish equipment that we sell/service/rent out.  I told the guys that I could probably knit one for them and set out to do that.  In the dream it was accepted that my knit piece of electronic-ish equipment would be completely interchangeable with the real... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
marimbachick
High Priestess of the Temple of Sexiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005 08:19:38 AM »

My first intarsia project gave me dreams.  It was a scarf for my sister with a pirate motif on the ends, and I used to have dreams about all the loose ends I would have to weave in.  The scarf would become an octopus/squid thingy, and the ends would all float around and torment me as I tried to weave it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We need the Falkland Islands...for strategic sheep purposes."
iScreamedMyselfHoarse
Boldly screaming where no one has screamed before...

And Jesus, I'm ready to go home...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005 08:22:14 AM »

Yep. I've had a few knit-related dreams.  One involved some kind of quest for the ideal yarn in some very unusual places - like in the wood, on the beach...

That ^ sounds like me! I frequently have dreams of long complicted quests for the perfect yarn... it happens everytime I'm looking for yarn for a new project...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He wraps Himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide and trembles at His voice... How great is our God!

PM me if you would like to trade something knitted for a size 12-20 Built by Wendy sewing Pattern... never been used!
beccabur
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005 09:44:16 AM »

I do, but my knitting dreams never really have a plot - it's just me going through the motions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005 09:47:09 AM »

i dream about knitting... and i a dream about things i would like to make... weird articles of clothign that need to become real... sometimes i wake up and have to run and draw them out before i forget...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006 03:35:34 AM »

I had a dream with a favourite movie star of mine and all I cared about was the great knitted items he had on...  Wink

My friends claim I need therapy. Or knitters rehab.
 Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006 03:45:44 AM »

Last night I had a dream about what I'm knitting now, and how to fix some shaping that looks a little ugly.  Well, it was more "rip out what you've done on the shaping and do it this way instead!", so I did that this morning, and it worked Cheesy  I used to get that when I was studying A-level pure maths - I'd dream the solution to a problem and it would work!  Shame it doesn't happen as often now.  I call them my flashes of brilliance, because once I've done it, it kind of slips out of my mind and I can't remember why it worked (more so with the maths).

And I dream about yarn sometimes.  But mostly about garments being too small and people laughing at me when I wear them, in spite of their size problem.  But that is pretty close to real life right now (particularly after Christmas)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Basic Photoshop
How to Create the Best Baby photographs in Photoshop
How to Lighten Certain Areas of an Image
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Simple Casserole Carrier
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...