A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: List of organizations that need craft supplies  (Read 25408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crassy_mcnasty

i drank my 40 before i left home, cause i'm a lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007 02:03:45 PM »

i work for WomenRising www.womenrising.org, a social service organization for women.  we have a domestic violence shelter and one of the things that we do is art therapy for women and children (2 separate groups) affected by dv and substance abuse.  if you'd like to donate to this cause let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft88
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007 09:21:32 AM »

Thank you for your offer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.b2b-craft.com

Global Craft Business B2B Marketplace for Suppliers,Manufacturers,Importers & Exporters.
smellyann
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007 11:01:49 PM »

Hi - My organization can always use supplies, especially yarn. We're CARE Package, at www.freewebs.com/carepackage in Virginia.

Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calcrossstitcher
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008 11:01:02 PM »

My son was a recipient of a blanket from Project Linus.  (from their website-)They provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.” 

With chapters in all 50 states, Project Linus continues to grow. Blankets are collected locally and distributed to children in hospitals, shelters, social service agencies, or anywhere that a child might be in need of a big hug.

Thank you!

www.projectlinus.or g

THIS ROCKS   Logged
guineapigluv
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008 09:54:07 AM »

I belong to a knitting group where we knit vests, hats, socks, etc for a charity called warm woolies.
http://www.warmwoolies.org/
We could always use yarn, needles, etc.
PM me for more info.
Thanks so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiLady
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008 12:01:45 AM »

Are there any UK based organisations, that, in particular need any fabric (PM me)? But also any others just for future reference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
laraskats
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009 08:21:19 AM »

Doodlebug Manor  501c3 Cat Rescue & Adoption  Cheesy
We would greatly appreciate any crafting overflow donations to our rescue organization -  including :   Yarn, crochet patterns, sewing materials, stuffing, embroidery thread, etc ..

We make items for two purposes;   1. to donate to the cats/kittens at our local county high kill shelter ( toys, blankets, etc .. )   2. To take to our fundraisers and sell to raise the money for vetting and care of the pets.

We are small, and totally donation driven, and really enjoy making items for the kitties to use and enjoy! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009 10:17:34 AM »

My son was a recipient of a blanket from Project Linus.  (from their website-)They provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.” 

With chapters in all 50 states, Project Linus continues to grow. Blankets are collected locally and distributed to children in hospitals, shelters, social service agencies, or anywhere that a child might be in need of a big hug.

Thank you!

www.projectlinus.or g

Project Linus is a FANTASTIC organization!  I worked at a domestic violence organization and for 2 Children's Advocacy Centers, who deal exclusively with kids who have suffered sexual abuse, and these blankets go to those kids.  They REALLY like them and get super-excited; I've seen a 16 yr old boy almost start crying at the idea that we were gonna let him take one home with him and he could pick out whatever one he wanted.

Just wanted to put my two cents in!  They need blankets for all ages, both male and female, and different weights!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
PeanutPaterooski
Stitch B!@#$

To thine own self be true.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009 02:48:54 AM »

Urban Peak

http://www.urbanpeak.org/donate-inkind.html

Outreach and Shelter for homeless and runaway youth in Colorado can really, really use blankets, winter hats, and arts and crafts supplies. I do a LOT of volunteer work with them, these kids are amazing, and this organization is absolutely incredible.

More info about them:

Urban Peak services for homeless and runaway youth include:

* Overnight shelter
    * Daily services including food, clothing, hygiene products, laundry and showers
    * Intensive case management
    * An onsite medical clinic
    * Street outreach
    * Job skills assessment, training and placement programs
    * GED classes
    * Educational counseling and planning
    * Scholarship and Financial Aid opportunities
    * A Mentorship program
    * Assistance in obtaining ID and birth certificates
    * Transportation assistance
    * Educational and Recreational groups
    * Referrals for psychiatric counseling services
    * Referrals for drug/alcohol counseling and treatment
    * Family Counseling and reunification services
    * Housing options and referrals

http://www.urbanpeak.org/index.html

I love this group. They helped my adopted son get off the streets, get clean, and get in my home. I love them, and I love him. They put us together and it has been the biggest gift of my life. I have now dedicated a good sized part of my life and time to giving back to them.

They do a lot of outreach in the winter months. And do a lot of arts and crafts to keep the kids entertained at the shelter. So if you are cleaning out the craft room or knitting tons of hats....

Thanks, and blessings to you for this thread.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009 02:51:33 AM by PeanutPaterooski » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you wait to be happy to do happy things, you'll be waiting to be happy forever.
Fight corporation. DIYDS. Make and wear clothes
you made yourself with pride, and win against recession, and more! PM me for details.

Wanna trade some sewing notions/fabric for scrapbooking/stamps? PM me.
prettysoldier77

Dayman, aa-Aaahhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009 07:34:50 PM »

When I was pregnant we went to The pregnancy resource center. They gave us crocheted blankets, booties, mittens, etc. It was a godsend. I know that they are constantly in need of more items. Though I think they prefer finished items. But it would be heart warming to know the blanket you make could warm a less fortunate baby at night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Customize Your Loom Knitting Hook
How To Do Quad Crochet
How to Crochet X Shaped Borders
How to Crochet the 2nd Row in Slitted Tree Skirts
How to Crochet V Shaped Borders
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...