A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Things Toilet Paper Comes on  (Read 2224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meraonthewall
« on: December 30, 2005 09:18:06 PM »

What can I do with those little brown cardboard things that you see when there's no more toilet paper left? I'm getting pretty sick of throwing them away. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005 09:25:00 PM »

i just went through this. i made a bunch of flowers out of them and strung them on twine and hung them in our doorway. (see in the background of the picture?) You just cut the roll into one inch "strips" and tape them together. I can post a better picture tomorrow if it helps Even though they look stupid in the picture*shrug* i think they're cute

« Last Edit: December 31, 2005 07:15:22 AM by MadelBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

watchgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005 09:47:58 PM »

You can use them to make a center pull ball of yarn.  Cut a slit in it to stick one end of your yarn into it and wrap away!
I've tried to make kitty toys out of them.  Out of 2 or 3 hours of work putting a bell inside, sealing the ends and covering with pretty fabric, they just sat on the floor and the kitties ignored it.  I do not suggest that project.  Wink
-Paula
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005 09:56:43 PM »

Kids will paint on them for hours. (well, mine did). My stepdaughter painted one for every member in the family, including the animals, then we strung them all on a piece of string. I still have them and until just a couple of months ago they were the first thing you saw when you walked in my front door. I think I'll put them back. They were kind of festive.

I painted a paper towel one with an Uncle Sam image for the 4th of July and used a teeny tiny terra cot pot, painted red, white and blue for his hat. It was pretty cute but needed something to keep it from being top heavy.

You can also use them to tidy up cords so they're not all spread out or tangled up.

I love the flower garland one in the post before. Very cute idea.

They're lot of fun to paint on. They take the paint great. (acrylic)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jujubee
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005 07:35:50 AM »

They make great rodent toys. If you know anyone with gerbils or something like that, they'll love it.  Put it in the gerbil cage, they'll run in and out of it, chew it up, and then make it into bedding. Gerbils know how to recycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006 07:12:19 AM »

Neat idea! I'll have to tell my son about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meraonthewall
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006 12:55:46 AM »

Thanks a lot. I'm gonna try everything except the rodent toys as I don't have any rodents in my house and don't want to attract any Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fembot
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006 04:55:26 AM »

Or you could make one of these...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18605.0

Fembot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
minyad
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006 09:36:54 AM »

cut them into various heights, paint them, attach them together and make a desk organizer ....or use them to hold rolled up posters or fabric .... or long stuff like paint brushes. Cut them and put them into a plastic box and use it like a ornament organizer, or for little crafting stuff , in dresser to hold socks and little stuff .... cover with fabric and use as cheap napkin rings ....

Maybe as some sort of rip away mold for something ....

If you think of them as cuttable tubes I am sure you will find a use for some sort of household organization.  I know I always need some sort of divider or organizer in my house....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006 11:35:57 AM »

I saw something in a magazine (I think) last week using paper towel rolls for napkin rings. They cut them to the appropriate width and then glued different sorts of dried beans in pretty patterns. It was pretty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Black, Gray and Red Wigs at the Nicholas K Fashion Show
Bumble and Bumble Hair at London Fashion Week 2012
5 Steps to Loose Waves
5 Steps to Hide a Grown-Out Fringe
5 Steps to a Grecian Twist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...