A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How and where do i make a banner for my etsy shop?  (Read 20676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cdoggett
« on: December 30, 2005 08:36:14 AM »

Hi all, forgive me if this has been done before, but i just didn't feel up to wading through 60 pages of stuff. my laziness will be the end of me.

Anywho, i'm setting up a shop on etsy, but i need a banner, and i'm not sure where to make one, or how. Is it something i can do with one of the programs i have, like adobe illustrator, or do i have to go to a website or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acceber
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005 04:25:50 PM »

You can use illustrator, photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, or a number of other programs to create your own banner. Etsy's banners are 535x77 pixels, so create a new, blank document with those dimensions. Now comes the designing part. If you have a logo that you've made, or certain fonts you wish to use, the banner is a great place to showcase them. Just enter text, design elements (such as graphics, shapes, etc.), and voila! Save it as a jpg file (or another file type that etsy accepts), and then upload it to the banner part of your shop setup under "Your Shop."

Hope that helps. I just opened my etsy shop yesterday, and I definitely think the banner adds a necessary personality to an etsy shop. Good luck!

- Rebecca

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007 01:23:03 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Rebecca
cinna-mum
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006 01:42:39 AM »

Ahuh!! So that's how!! THANKYOU!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Mama of 4

www.craftymamas.net
cdoggett
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006 01:29:33 PM »

You can use illustrator, photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, or a number of other programs to create your own banner. Etsy's banners are 535x77 pixels, so create a new, blank document with those dimensions. Now comes the designing part. If you have a logo that you've made, or certain fonts you wish to use, the banner is a great place to showcase them. Just enter text, design elements (such as graphics, shapes, etc.), and voila! Save it as a jpg file (or another file type that etsy accepts), and then upload it to the banner part of your shop setup under "Your Shop."

Hope that helps. I just opened my etsy shop yesterday, and I definitely think the banner adds a necessary personality to an etsy shop. Good luck!

- Rebecca

Thankyou soooooooo much! my banner's not perfect, but at least now it's a little more personal.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007 01:23:18 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristen81
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006 10:32:01 PM »

Etsy's banners are 535x77 pixels, so create a new, blank document with those dimensions.

If I'm using Photoshop how do i do that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
acceber
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006 11:08:55 PM »

In Photoshop, under File, click New. It should prompt you with a box that allows you to select the dimensions (width and height) and resolution (I've found a resolution of 96 works well with Etsy for a banner). Then just press OK and the blank document of that size will appear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Rebecca
cyncontemporary
handbags, Felt, knitt, crochet, metal,

www.kutz.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006 03:15:08 AM »

Do you know how can I design a banner for my etsy shop?

Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006 06:58:55 PM »

I have a general idea on how to make banners for my etsy store, but I'm curious as to how others have been going about it.  They all look so professional!  Do you have people make them for you, or are you a whiz at photoshop?  Where do you get your graphics, do you make them yourselves?

Inquiring minds want to know!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006 07:10:45 PM »

I make most of my graphics... I use Jasc's PSP. They're at a higher version now, but I haven't moved past PSP7 because I love it so much. You can get a 30 day preview off their site to try as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sivi
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006 08:23:33 AM »

I made mine using illustrator.  What I like about illustrator is that it is vector based and you could increase the size to for bus. cards, banner and so on without affecting the look.
 If you don't have illustrator, another good option is gimp.  I know that the gimp program is free and it does a good job.  It has many of the tools that photoshop has.
I am not a pro but its fun to play around with the programs until you have something you like.

Edited to add - If I remember correctly, the banner size should be 535 x 76 ?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 08:26:12 AM by sivi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Indian Dal
How to Make California Rolls with Special Sushi Rice
How to Cook Sushi Rice
How to Make Homemade Miso Soup
How to Make Hand Roll Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...