A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for relaxation  (Read 546 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shoegazer
« on: December 29, 2005 10:36:46 AM »

I need some ideas to make a relaxation kit. Any and all suggestions are appriciated. I was thinking it might be neat to try to do a little altoids box with relaxation related items inside.... but right now Im open to all ideas. Im still brainstorming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005 10:40:43 AM »

Whatever you do must include dark chocolate, which is proven to reduce stress!! And it's oh-so-good...yummerly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005 11:51:53 AM »

Every good relaxation kit I've seen comes with those "affirmation" cards. You know, those inspirational quotes and such on little cards. You could make up some of those to put in there. The owner can read them and think about them while they're relaxing.

Also good: incense... if they like that.
               eye mask... you could make one
               small journal.... to write their thoughts in (that's relaxing to me, anyway.)
               small jar of bath salts... also can be made yourself
               tea candle.... not very creative, but you could put it in there
               calming tea.... try chamomile (did I spell that right?  Lips sealed )
               and chocolate!! Smiley

All my stuff really won't fit into an altoid tin.... unless you could make the stuff really, really miniature, but probably not. You could find a nice, big soup mug and put all the stuff in there. You could also decorate the mug as you want, to personalize it.

I was just thinking... you could also put in your friend's favorite picture or painting in there. I know some people who look at a picture of their favorite place or person when they're really stressed and it calms them down. Just a thought. Smiley

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
aeriana_eve
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005 12:08:04 PM »

i made a relaxation kit for my grandparents.  i had a lot of leftover fabric from my halloween costume, this shiny stuff- not too gaudy though.  i made a set of small pillows, and used letraset to put words like relax, dream, breathe, and hope on them.  the thing was, if you bend the pillow the letraset falls off, so i put a thin layer of clear nailpolish on top of it.  you have to move quickly and accurately though, because the nailpolish eats at the letters if you go too slowly, and if you're messy it just looks kinda off.  then i made a warming pad- there's a few tut's around craftster for that, i just filled it with rice.  i got some bath salts, candles, dug up lotion and soap, a loofah pad, etc.  since i found some extra twine, i tied together the pillows and used one of those IKEA boxes, the ones you get when you buy breakables there?  i put all the stuff inside, tied it up with twine and a few scraps of the fabric i used for the pillows.  it ends up being VERY VERY cheap- i got all the non-handmade stuff from a lucky bag- and very very amazing looking.  fun to make too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We only have but one life, one love, one truth to find- our souls are intertwined.
DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005 01:02:19 PM »

You have a very cool idea.  Chocolate should definately be included.  What if, in addition to the items tucked inside, you added a handmade coupon redeemable for a soothing shoulder rub or a massage?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
mrgrita
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005 02:13:13 PM »

Lavendar is a delightful relaxing herb to add:)
~m
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegazer
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005 05:56:28 PM »

You guys come up with the greatest ideas!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Old Watch Faces Into a Bracelet
How to Make Beaded Wrap Bracelets
Turning Sea Glass Into Jewelry
How to Make a Hemp Necklace with Felted Balls
How to Make a Ring Around The Felts Bracelet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...