A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: belated snarky Christmas cards (a wee bit image heavy)  (Read 2190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005 10:21:59 PM »

This Canadian thinks they are all funny, with the exception of the Hanukkah one Undecided

Out of curiosity, how come not the Hanukkah one? 

To clarify, it was made for a very liberal Jewish friend of mine who will absolutely love it, and like the Christmas version of the same, it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.  The Christmas ones, to me, say that one must enjoy being Christian, dammit, or else the "others" win, and clearly, in America, we can't have non-Christians hanging about.  The Hanukkah one is also intended to also be in that "everyone needs to be Christian or the world will end" sort of vein.  I'm sorry if it offended anyone somehow, but I thought it was kind of obvious that it was a joke.

Thank you for the clarification Smiley Now that you have explained it, I understand what it means Tongue I retract my comment. Sorry ~ it sounded rather, eh, can't think of the words right now (just didn't sound right). They are quite clever, and I must not try to understand tongue-in-cheek jokes when I am sleep deprived >.<
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrmatie
congenital pirate

not the sort of moth you might enjoy in a sandwich

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005 10:37:11 PM »

Wonderful.  I love the Hanukkah one, because it IS kind of offensive.  Makes ya think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mel21clc
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005 10:38:58 PM »

... and I must not try to understand tongue-in-cheek jokes when I am sleep deprived >.<

I actually noticed the time you posted after I replied and hoped I didn't come off as sounding harsh when I finally realized you probably just misread it at the late hour.  (My first couple of friends looking at it missed a word or two, too, until I looked puzzled at them looking puzzled and then they looked again and had a lightbulb moment. You know.)  I'm glad no offense was taken the first time around, and hope it's still true in this last exchange. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Sand, sand, sand. It is glorious. It is prickly and invasive. Like freedom." --SBP Sirius
mel21clc
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005 10:41:02 PM »

Wonderful.  I love the Hanukkah one, because it IS kind of offensive.  Makes ya think.

Because anyone not in perfect alignment with "us"... well, we know what they are. +)

That may be one of the top compliments I've gotten this month.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Sand, sand, sand. It is glorious. It is prickly and invasive. Like freedom." --SBP Sirius
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005 10:44:40 PM »

Lol, now that I know what they are, they are quite hilarious (hubby would love one, lol). Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Stargazer Yarn
How to Knit Faux Fur Scarves
How to Crochet Punk Rock Flowers
How to Crochet Artisan Large Flowers
How to Crochet an Infinity Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...