A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norwegian Stockings KAL  (Read 12670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilgothkatt
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2006 10:21:54 AM »

so I finally started my socks but my LYS didn't have the colors I orignaly wanted. Can anyone recomend a good yarn website in which I might be able to find a good selection of colors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
rougeau26
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2006 02:45:46 PM »

lilogothkatt,  www.knitpicks.com has a pretty big selection of colors for sock yarn and it's only $1.79 a skein.  I think the yarn's called Pallette.  Hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie.blogspot.com
lilgothkatt
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2006 03:50:18 PM »

they've got some awsome yarns but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I want hot pink, lime green and black. I tried doing an online search but no luck. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2006 06:40:29 PM »

they've got some awsome yarns but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I want hot pink, lime green and black. I tried doing an online search but no luck. Sad

I found you some, at Sundara Yarn, under sock yarn, solid color.

Hot Pink

Lime Green

Black

Here is the rest of the color gallery, just so you can see her whole color selection:

http://sundarayarn.typepad.com/photos/color_gallery/index.html
I have heard she is really nice, if the colors aren't exactly what you want maybe she will tweak it for you?? It can never hurt to ask Smiley

hope that helps a bit!

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2006 06:55:29 PM »

hey thanks a lot! I think that will do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2006 10:48:13 PM »

oh goodie,glad to help! I might try Sundara myself when I make my pair of NS. I love that they are superwash.

Emms Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2006 10:40:04 AM »

I'm using knitpicks palette in ash, sky, and mint.

The ribbing does seem like it's a bit loose.  However, I'm using US 3's and my gauge is a bit smaller than the given gauge (I didn't swatch and I don't care  Tongue) so I'm hoping they'll be snug enough to stay up.  I've tried it on already and it seems like it'll be good enough, but I guess I'll have to see how it's going to act once I've got the first one done.

heh, these are my first socks.  I tried knitting a sock once before, but the directions weren't good and I hated the sock, so I don't count that.  It's also my first actual fair isle project.  whee
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006 10:47:04 AM by ijsblokje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spudsayshi
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2006 09:11:59 AM »

I finished mine last night and have been wearing them ever since.

These were my first stranded knitting experiment, and as such the first sock got frogged twice, and the heel got redone a bunch of times, too.  I ended up deciding to make them smaller and to shape them to my calf a bit more by gradually decreasing rather than doing the decreases all at once.  And I also did an afterthought heel rather than a Dutch heel, as called for in the pattern.  (The specifics of this are on my blog.)

But I was inspired to do them by this thread, and I'm generally really happy with them!  So, thanks, thread!

And also, I'm a little bit in love with a lot of the color choices... I wish I'd been braver, because these look so boring in comparison.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 03:00:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
deirs
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2006 02:17:43 PM »

lilgothkatt, also check out http://www.yarn.com/yarns-knitting/falk.html - Dale Falk, which comes in neon colors, and is about the same as the Heilo.

I'm thinking of Knit Picks Palette for mine, but can't decide on colors. I might do the ash/cream/petal combination, which someone here did - can't remember who now, but I really liked how it looked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2006 06:41:12 PM »

for curiousty sake. How much did you guys spend on yarn for this project?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smurf-Style Your Hair: The Big Pony Braid
The Top Hair Trends From NYFW Fall 2013: Braids and Ponytails
How to Do a Charlize Theron Rolled Updo Hairstyle
How to Get Red Carpet Waves Like Naomi Watts
How To: Create Classic Waves With Pin Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...