A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norwegian Stockings KAL  (Read 11710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RepoRebo
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006 07:45:50 AM »

For anyone else using lighter weight yarn than the pattern originally calls for, can you provide some input? I have big calves--15" around--and much narrower ankles. I cast on 110 (if I'm remembering correctly. I think I factored in about 1.5-2" of negative ease for the calves.) I started out on 2.75mm and the upper part of the stocking fits pretty well, but it was getting much looser the nearer I got to the ankle (after the calf decreases) so I decided to go down to 2.25mm needles. The ankle is still a bit loose, but better than before. My question is, should I go back up to the larger needles for the heel flap and foot?

Though part of me is wondering if I should start over and just do the entire stocking on 2.25 mm to get a better fit overall...but I worry that then the calf portion will be too tight and the pattern will stretch badly. Any advice?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spacepants7
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2006 08:16:59 AM »

One down.... Almost to the heel at the other.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rougeau26
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006 06:56:11 AM »

Oooooh, your stocking looks great, spacepants.  Are you using dark gray or black?  They look so nice with a darker color for the background Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie. blogspot.com
Spacepants7
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2006 08:12:33 PM »

Thank you Smiley It is grey, 'ash' by knitpicks pallette. Ash, petal, and creme I think. I'm working on the foot on the other, maybe 5 more pattern repeats till the toe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemmer
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006 04:38:10 PM »

I finished!

I did this project for the Knitting Olympics and found it very fun but struggled with a few things like figuring out the sizing and getting an even gauge as it was my first time fair isle knitting.  But overall I am very pleased.

More details on my blog:
http://girlwhoknits.blogspirit.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glaistig
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2006 09:06:44 PM »

Yay for Jemmer!! Your stockings look fabulous!   :)I really wish I had read your blog comments before starting my socks b/c they are quite helpful (shortening the heel, changing the needle size, etc.)  My second sock is also better than my first. I should have adjusted better for my scrawny legs  Sad. . . .

Seeing all the different color combos (Rougeau's, Spacepants', Jemmer's, etc.) almost makes me want to knit another pair.  Here are mine (forgive the crappy indoor pic), which are also just finished:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RepoRebo
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006 06:31:34 AM »

I started a new stocking once I learned about the phenomenon of "yarn dominance," and it's made an incredible difference already!

I also decreased the number of cast-on stitches, and I think a snugger-fitting stocking will look and feel much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006 07:18:06 AM »

Jemmers and Glaistig, they look amazing! I love both of your color combinations. Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rougeau26
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2006 06:18:47 AM »

Everyone's look sooo amazing! I love all the different color combinations, they're so inspiring! I just got a debit card to order yarn online and it's tempting me to order yarn to make another pair!....we'll see what happens. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie. blogspot.com
knittinglemonade
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006 01:14:08 PM »

I have been lurking for a while, but y'all inspired me to do my own stockings. Ta da!

I used Dalegarn's Baby Ull in brown, light blue, and creme. I think I need to add some elastic bands to the top so they stay put. Any suggestions??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Monique Lhuillier on Her Fall 2012 Collection
3 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt
Score Major Points in These Stylish Super Bowl Outfits
See How Ashley Greene Nails Old Hollywood Glamour
How to Stay Warm and Fashionable in Winter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...