A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frusion Bottle Turned Spunky Barbie  (Read 1798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thewalrusisme
« on: June 05, 2004 12:44:47 PM »

I made this entirely from trash.  
- Her body is a frusion bottle [liquid yogurt stuff]... i spray painted it with special spray paint made just for plastics by Krylon.  
- The arms and legs were misc. Barbie parts.  
- I colored her eyes and hair with sharpie markers and added an old jewelry stud as an eyebrow ring.  
- I finished it off by making a tube from some old fishnets of mine and putting it on the outside of the bottle.
- Her intended use is a paperweight, she could be filled with something like nuts and bolts to make her heavier.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 07:46:14 AM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed broken image link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
ForevrBee
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004 01:17:19 PM »

So cool & not to be rude but, Are you sure this belongs here? I figured it probably would go in something like the Housewares or Misc. Crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
honorhappy
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004 05:37:44 PM »

It seems to work fine here considering she's made from trash such as a frusion bottle and old fishnets.  Meanwhile, so cool and inspiring!  I love barbies, especially the ones that are a bit odd like the fairy ones and collectibles.  Must make her~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewalrusisme
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004 05:59:32 PM »

thanks honorbaby  Grin  Personally, it was my slight disdain for barbieness that inspired me to make one that was a little less "perfect" but whatever floats ur boat..
I'd love to see your take on her..might be cool to see one that was turned into a fairy.. with attached wings that are made from old pantyhose or something
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Signed by Zelda Book Trailer
John Benjamin Hickey on Narrating In One Person
Molly Quinn on Narrating City of Lost Souls
Cassandra Clare on Her Audiobook City of Lost Souls
Dreams on Spec
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...