A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not so city... Trail, BC  (Read 3318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ImaHoundDog
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006 04:14:03 PM »

I live in Nelson too! The store on Baker street is called the Sewing Room (my favorite store in town, I spend wayyy too much in there!) I haven't met any fellow crafters yet, although i know there are so many artisty people here and around. I guess I don't get out much.
There's also "the craft store" just up from baker street behind the CAA travel place, they have lots of great stuff  for candle making, stained glass and sculpey, good prices too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006 06:10:16 PM »

So I have to go to Nelson on August 5th. I have to be there at about 8ish, as my car is going in for a tune up at 8:30 at Nelson Dodge.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can hang out downtown as the car is getting worked on? It will either be me on my own, or me and my mom and sister... depending on the day. Also, how about a spot to get a good breakfast for not too much? I don't eat much, but I do need a little something.

Normally when I'm in Nelson/going through I just stop at the mall quickly and be on my way, but I don't think I'll be wanting to hike to the mall and hike back in this heat! Mall stop for when I'm back in my car.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
frogz
graphic artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006 07:20:31 PM »

It's too bad that I live on the other side of canada. The title of the thread caught my eye because I've actually been to Trail before (I went camping there once for a week). I also know someone from Abbotsford who seemed impressed that anyone had ever been to the area, especially someone from so far east.

I hope the knitting goes well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photography, microscopy, design, paintings - originals and commissions

http://spiltmartini.com/blog - portfolio and blog
http://spiltmartini.etsy.com - etsy store
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006 09:16:57 PM »

I also know someone from Abbotsford who seemed impressed that anyone had ever been to the area, especially someone from so far east.

I get surprised when people from like, Vancouver and stuff have heard of this area. I love living here (for the most part Wink ) so I think I know why so many people like it here. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
roustie
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006 06:02:11 PM »

Hey guys, it's me formally known as scratchtest.  Unfortunately I was having problems with the other account and had to create this one in lieu of using that one.

But I'm in town now, happily enjoying Nelson rather than the hustle and bustle of Vancouver.  I still have to get a bit more used to small town life, but I do enjoy it Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yogagirl
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006 10:42:42 AM »

I'm in the Slocan valley and am totally into hooking up for some kind of knitting circle.  Just moved here from Calgary so so far the knitting community is the only thing I missed. Other than that it's paradise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
breanne
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007 01:46:57 AM »

i live in abbotsford!! Grin
never been to trail, although a friend of mine goes camping up there quite often! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007 06:32:23 PM »

I lived in Vancouver for 9 months and I, too, feared for my life whenever I crossed the street. I remember standing at a crosswalk on Cambie, patiently waiting for cars to see me and stop (which cars are supposed to do at a crosswalk).

Eventually, I gave up and walked to the lights where I was guaraneed they would eventually stop for me.

What's it like in Nelson? Is it small enough to walk everywhere? Is there transit? Can you make a living there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007 10:05:24 AM »

Nelson is a very artsy, laid back, hippie city. You can get around Nelson by walking, and there is a transit bus if you need it. Most people in Nelson either work in coffee shops, or other shops or start their own business and do fairly well.

There is a mall by the lakeside with Save-On Foods on one end and Wal-Mart at the other end. Just down the road there is a huge public beach and park with nice paved walkways to go for a leisurely walk.

Baker Street is the street to shop on as it has tons of tiny shops and cool little stores. Off on the side streets there are tiny shops as well. Lots of art stores and craft stores.

Nelson is pretty nice place to be... you can check it out online at http://www.city.nelson.bc.ca/.

Oh! And the movie Roxanne was filmed here too! Smiley As well as a few other small parts in some movies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007 10:44:39 PM »

Thanks, Krysta!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Crown
How to Crochet a Shell Stitch
How to Filet Crochet
How to Crochet a Bracelet
How to Make a Panda Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...